[BETA] Friends Mod 0.1.0a

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
mark911

How is it coming along?

Post by mark911 »

I am very excited about the new release. How is it coming along, do you have a release date?. If you need any help testing let me know!
glowstick86

Post by glowstick86 »

I'm thinking of trying this out, will there be an option that can make a person's profile only viewable to friends?
missdolly

Post by missdolly »

Where can I download this mod?because for some reason I cant find a link.
glowstick86

Post by glowstick86 »

fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

WOW! This mod seems awesome! I hope version 0.2 is still under development? Anyone got a link to version 0.1.0a? The links provided are NOT working.
jasonago

download not working

Post by jasonago »

My God! My free account at 1asphost must be expired...
I'll be setting a mirror at my site as soon as possible
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

Incredibly fast answer in the middle of the night! Thank you for that Jason.

I then take it this greatlooking mod is still in development? If so, thank god! Definatly the one I anticipate most of all.

I also appreciate that you are bold enough to set a timespan for next release (first quarter 2006). I think it is a good idea to set an approximate date, even if it can't be finished in that time, just so that anticipating people at least have an idea of whats going and get a general idea on when it might be released.

Would be very happy on an update on how you are doing. Is it on squedule or has other things in life gotten "in the way" so to speak?

I would also like to ask how the "gift idea" is coming along. I think this is an absolutely must-have-feature. Will it require having a cash mod of any kind?

Finally how many queries will the mod add to different pageloads?

Keep up the faboulus work you are doing here.
jasonago

Reply...

Post by jasonago »

thanks fahraeus for your interest and support.
Actually I have so many things to do...I'm a student nurse and most of my time is devoted in study. But still I am a programmer by heart that's why I keep coming back to coding this mod.
About the gift feature, the admin can enumerate any things that can be regarded as gift. Users can send a gift to other members. It is just a simple feature; it will not require any mods...But in a virtual friend network, receiving a gift is just as exciting as receiving a real one...
I am also planning to put an anonymous option in the gift sender...to add some thrill I guess...
I hope I can finish this fmod...
thadragon

I wonder why i should be getting this error?

Post by thadragon »

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/circles/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_viewprofile.php on line 406

I wonder why?
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

post lines 380-420, if I can help i will... just gotta love this mod :)
About the gift feature, the admin can enumerate any things that can be regarded as gift. Users can send a gift to other members. It is just a simple feature; it will not require any mods...But in a virtual friend network, receiving a gift is just as exciting as receiving a real one...

It sure is, wonderful... I'm glad it works that way... simple yet very, very effective...

Regarding anonymous gifts. Maybe there should be an admin option: "allow anonymous gifts: yes no".
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

And a picture attached to the gift, depicting it, changeble in ACP? Alongside with a text?

And, like comments, a way to accept it or decline?

And a way so that the giver can see if the gift was accepted or not?

This mod is just awesome... Anyone not tried it yet... well, should...
thadragon

Post by thadragon »

Here it is, thanks :)

Code: Select all

{
			$friends_info .= sprintf($lang['Connected_by'],$profiledata['username']) . ":<br>";
			$sql = $connect_friends[0]['idf1'] . ',' . $connect_friends[0]['idf2'];
			for($j = 1; $j < $total_connected; $j++)
			{
				$sql = $sql . ',' . $connect_friends[$j]['idf1'] . ',' . $connect_friends[$j]['idf2'];
			}
			$sql = "SELECT username, user_id
				FROM " . USERS_TABLE . " 
			WHERE user_id IN ( " . $sql . " )";
			if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not query forum h_friends information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
			}

while( $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) )
			{
				$middle_f_name[$row['user_id']] = $row['username'];
			}
			$db->sql_freeresult($result);

for($j = 0; $j < $total_connected; $j++)
			{
				$friends_info .=  "you -> " . $middle_f_name[$connect_friends[$j]['idf1']] . " <-> " . $middle_f_name[$connect_friends[$j]['idf2']] . " <- " . $profiledata['username'] . "<br>";
			}
		} */
	}
}

//Get extra information about the user
$sql = "SELECT * 
	FROM " . XUINFO_TABLE . " i
	LEFT JOIN " . XUINFO_TYPE_TABLE . " t
	ON i.type_id = t.type_id
	WHERE i.user_id = " . $profiledata['user_id'] . "
	ORDER BY t.order_id";
if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not query user extra information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
}
$total_xuinfo=0;
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

That part looks ok to me, so i guess you are missing a

Code: Select all

{
somewhere further up in the code. Recheck that the mod has been applied correctly and that you didn't accidently miss a { somewhere.
thadragon

Post by thadragon »

I did redo the edits several times already, i found out that omitting the " */ " from this line---> " } */ " gets rid of the error, i wonder if that would affect the mod but then when i view a member's profile, the extra user infos and "add as friend" option dont show up
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

Send me the file and I'll have a look... you have got a pm with my email.

Jason, I'm thinking about the age thing here... The way it is set up know makes the ages of the members outdated while the years pass by... would you consider merging it with EZ birthdays mod perhaps...

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”