[BETA] Friends Mod 0.1.0a

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
thadragon

Post by thadragon »

btw, i have categories hierarchy 2.1.4 installed, would that be a problem?
thadragon

Post by thadragon »

now im getting this error:

Code: Select all

General Error

database error

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'circles_phpb1.PHPBB_USERS' doesn't exist

select * FROM phpbb_friends_pending, PHPBB_USERS WHERE phpbb_friends_pending.to_id = 4 AND phpbb_friends_pending.from_id = 8 AND PHPBB_USERS.user_id = phpbb_friends_pending.from_id

Line : 53
File : snw_add.php
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

in file snw_add.php change all instances of PHPBB_USERS to USERS_TABLE
thadragon

Post by thadragon »

kewlness! seems to be working fine now... cant wait for the next update! thanks mike!
jasonago

reply again

Post by jasonago »

About the suggestions for the gift component of fmod, all of which is already included in the plan...Thanks!

The fmod also has the eXtra User Information component or XUINFO. For the next release of fmod, stronger binding to profile information will be implemented. I'm thinking to make this XUINFO the default profile information source, allowing it to handle even th ICQ, MSN, and other contact infos. Wondering about the vague fields in phpbb like location? XUINFO will try to solve this by binding itself to the other fields as well. About the age? It will be automatic in the next release perhaps.

Thanks for your interests in this mod...
lostnerd

newbie installation question

Post by lostnerd »

Hi jasonago and thanks for this great Mod.
a newbie question , in the installation package you mention a DIY INSTRUCTIONS :run friends_db_update.php to create database tables for Friends mod if you haven't install it yet.
i'm not sure i understand what it means to run that php file...
and btw, i tried using easymod but it failed. is that normal ?
thanks
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

I guess I could answer these questions even though they are directed to Jason...

When you run across an db_update.php file, this is how you can execute it or "run it".

Via ftp, upload the file to your forum root catalogue. (Thats the folder where you installed your phpbb forum.) Then, in the addressfield of your browser, type http://www.your_sitename_here.com/the_name_of_the_forum_catalogue_here/name_of_db_update_file_here.php and press enter.

You have to be logged in to your forum with administrator rights for this to work. (When the file is executed changes are made to the database so that the mod can write data into the new fields that are created)

When you have done the above you should then delete the file from the server, out of security reasons.

The mod is not yet officially compatible with easymod, so it is quite normal it does not work flawlessly, there are some small adjustments needed to be made.

If you are not familiar with the concept of editing phpbb files you might want to consider waiting for next release and install the mod with easymod.
lostnerd

Post by lostnerd »

Thanks fahraeus
That's a great help, i'll try it right now.
i'm ok with editing php files and adding tables with phpmyadmin (i think :? )
and i have my site locally for now with easyphp.
i just looked inside the db_update.php and realized it creates the sql table, i guess i could have done that by hand, couldn't i ?
i'll try installing it right away.
thanks again.

ok done. works great.
a couple quick questions :
it is instructed (and you told me) to delete db_update.php, but there is the instruction to :
copy db_update.php to friends_db_update.php
what should i make of that ? keep it in the root with a changed name ?

also a couple of 'delete' files were not included in the instructions. I mean, nowhere does it say to copy dele.php in the includes folder, and what about the snw_delete_body.tpl in the subsilver folder ?

thanks
Last edited by lostnerd on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jolives

Post by jolives »

Hi, I'm using the Profile Control Panel and it doesn't seem to work because of the different profile panel. Any suggestions?
Patrick Simmons

Post by Patrick Simmons »

How can I make the additional information section available to my members (ie. fav song, real nameand so on. Only place I see it is under the admin panel under each member's management page. Any suggestions?

The search isn't working for me either, it just goes to the regular search screen. Any suggestions?
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

ok done. works great.
a couple quick questions :
it is instructed (and you told me) to delete db_update.php, but there is the instruction to :
copy db_update.php to friends_db_update.php
what should i make of that ? keep it in the root with a changed name ?

After you have run the file friends_db_update.php delete it from the server. This goes for every update_db.php file you ever come across.
also a couple of 'delete' files were not included in the instructions. I mean, nowhere does it say to copy dele.php in the includes folder, and what about the snw_delete_body.tpl in the subsilver folder ?

The files you are talking about you should upload to the server keeping the folder structure.
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

Patrick Simmons wrote: How can I make the additional information section available to my members (ie. fav song, real nameand so on. Only place I see it is under the admin panel under each member's management page. Any suggestions?

Have you edited profile_view_body.tpl and profile_add_body.tpl correctly for all your templates. If so, there should now be possible for your users to enter the information for those fields you have in ACP so it will show up on their profile page.
The search isn't working for me either, it just goes to the regular search screen. Any suggestions?

Make a link to friends_search.php where ever you want and it should work. It works over here :)
Patrick Simmons

fahraeus wrote:
Patrick Simmons wrote:How can I make the additional information section available to my members (ie. fav song, real nameand so on. Only place I see it is under the admin panel under each member's management page. Any suggestions?

Have you edited profile_view_body.tpl and profile_add_body.tpl correctly for all your templates. If so, there should now be possible for your users to enter the information for those fields you have in ACP so it will show up on their profile page.

I made the edits there according to the install.txt but that additions information section is missing for members but I can do it within the admin panel. :(
Patrick Simmons

The search is still not working for me even if I type the search url directly.

I still need help with allowing members to update or choose any of the addition information.
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

Well, the search does show up at http://www.customizeyourvehicle.org/friends_search.php

You do have a mod that alters the extension when searching though... converting .php to .html... That modification most likely is the problem here.

Same thing goes for your other problem, you have a user control panel mod installed which have done extensive changes to profile_add_body.tpl and includes/usercp_register.php and probably is the reason why the extra fields are not showing up.

I myself have lots of mods installed and it is working just fine...

Unfortunately your mods in their current state are not compatible with the Friends mod.

Have you installed these mods yourself you might be able to figure out what needs to be done, otherwise you might want to ask the person that installed them for you. With a little bit of luck, sometimes further down the road someone with these mods might get it working...

I know this was not the answer you wanted, but those mods, most likely,are the reason it's not working.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”