[ALPHA] Shoutbox MOD v0.1.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zaid

Re: [ALPHA] Shoutbox MOD v0.1.3

Post by Zaid » Fri May 23, 2008 11:46 am

Demo, screenshots ? thanx

achievehigh.org

Post by achievehigh.org » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:19 am

I'm looking for the best shout/chat box to put on my forum at http://www.tvseriesmusic.com/forum (please look at the forum URL in .html). I'm using php SEO so that Google search will browse to the forum pages and not just the forum index page.

Question 1:
What is the difference between a shout box and a chat box? I thought they were the same, just different names for the same thing, but it seems that people somewhere on this board phpbb.com using the terms "shout box" and "chat box" to refer to different things. So what are the differences between a shout box and a chat box?

Question 2a:
Which chat/shout box should I use or will work nicely for my forum?

Question 2b:
I can't find the download link or the features of the mod in this thread.
Is this shout box "[ALPHA] Shoutbox MOD" in the first post of this thread or Ajax's shout box mod (click here) better? Why? What is the difference between the two shout boxes?

Please address all of my questions as clearly as possible so that I'll understand what you say. Thanks.

Zaid

Post by Zaid » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:37 am

I am also looking for a shoutbox for my forum which appears on INDEX, has auto refresh & BB codes buttons etc features in it...

the one i am using right now sucks..

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”