[ALPHA] Shoutbox MOD v0.1.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
redclouds-anime

Post by redclouds-anime » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:54 pm

cfitz1 wrote: If it's been hacked, you wouldn't want to use it would you?
It would just give people a way to mess up your site.

What I'm trying to find is the download for it, I was asking for the owner to kindly provide another link, or fix the existing one.

DragonzLeyr

SQL Data for Shoutbox Mod?

Post by DragonzLeyr » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:14 pm

Does the SQL database for the forum have to be named "phpBB" for the "shoutbox_install.php" program to properly install and update the SQL?

What if the SQL Database for the forum is named something other than "phpBB", like for instance "ForumSQL" or something?

Would the "shoutbox_install.php" file need to be edited to reflect the different name or will it recognize the database regardless of the name?

Trying to get a definite answer on this before I try to install this mod on my forum to prevent really messing things up to a point that I cannot repair.

Thanks for the help!

Essex

Post by Essex » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:47 am

I try to install this but when I try to run the shoutbox_install.php I keep getting the message Error in Install. Can some one please advise on what I could be doing wrong.

Edit: Doh' Got it sorted now. dopey git here tried to install the database tables before updating the files. got used to doing it the other way with snitz.
Last edited by Essex on Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DragonzLeyr

Post by DragonzLeyr » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:25 pm

Shoutbox install went well..... recognized the sql database and updated no problems.

I seem to be missing the Shoutbox ACP though.... it does not show in my phpBB administration panel. Any suggestions on what might have happened?

Thanks!
Last edited by DragonzLeyr on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DragonzLeyr

Post by DragonzLeyr » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:54 pm

ACP problem fixed - had to re-upload the supporting files again after the sql initialization.

Thanks!

ValorSolo

Post by ValorSolo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:29 am

great shoutbox , installed easily with easymod and works great . thanks .

Dean Saliba

Post by Dean Saliba » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:56 am

redclouds-anime wrote: Currently the download page for this mod says :
Hacked By PaGalBoY

could the owner of the page please put up the download for the mod again?

http://www.phpbb-arcade.com/download.ph ... 1b73955f63 :)
Need Webhosting? Forum Mods Installed?
Fantastic prices!
East London Hosting

Dastardley

Post by Dastardley » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:21 pm

defender-uk wrote: Thanks, but v0.15 has fixed all the issues.

Hello defenfer-uk / everyone, I liked the shoutbox mod after seeing it on another board. I have never installed a mod by myself but since i saw that the installation was marked 'easy' (10 mins) i thought i would take the plunge and attempt the install. I followed the instructions correctly (i think?) but when i looked to see the results of my first step into Mod instalation i saw the following meassage where my index page should have been. I have no knowledge of php so do not understand what it is i should do t correct the problem...or even what the probem is.....Can someone offer me some advice to get the mod up and running? Dastardley

Could not query shoutbox table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SELECT * FROM phpbb_shoutbox ORDER BY shoutbox_id DESC LIMIT 0,

Line : 296
File : index.php

Veron

Post by Veron » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:15 pm

How to turn around the text where it comes?

I mean if you type some text it show's on botton of box, i want when you type something it is showen on top of the box

Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Dastardley wrote: Hello defenfer-uk / everyone, I liked the shoutbox mod after seeing it on another board. I have never installed a mod by myself but since i saw that the installation was marked 'easy' (10 mins) i thought i would take the plunge and attempt the install. I followed the instructions correctly (i think?) but when i looked to see the results of my first step into Mod instalation i saw the following meassage where my index page should have been. I have no knowledge of php so do not understand what it is i should do t correct the problem...or even what the probem is.....Can someone offer me some advice to get the mod up and running? Dastardley

Could not query shoutbox table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SELECT * FROM phpbb_shoutbox ORDER BY shoutbox_id DESC LIMIT 0,

Line : 296
File : index.php

That error that you get means that you dindt run the sql on phpmyadmin or a db_update file.
You must run the sql to solved this problem. didt you run the sql or not?
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me for fair prices and good service!

$LivenLife$

Re: [ALPHA] Shoutbox MOD v0.1.3

Post by $LivenLife$ » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:27 am

battye wrote: Shoutbox MOD v0.1.3

The Shoutbox MOD adds a small shoutbox to the index page of your forum. Not as formal as posting, it allows users to converse with one another quickly and efficiently. The future, will see many more features, including a permissions system, an option so the administrator can select the number of shouts / posts that are displayed on the forum index page, editing suite, and much more!

Please post any other suggestions you have for the future in this thread :D

To see features proposed for the future, screenshots and download links, go to http://www.cmxmods.net/shoutbox.php :)

New in v0.1.3:
Fixed bbCode + other bug fixes

When i installed this with easymod i got the following error...

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [admin/admin_board.php] could not find:

"L_AUTOLOGIN_TIME_EXPLAIN" => $lang['Autologin_time_explain'],

MOD script line #113 :: FAQ :: Report

is there a reason why ..

ValorSolo

Re: [ALPHA] Shoutbox MOD v0.1.3

Post by ValorSolo » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:58 am

$LivenLife$ wrote:
battye wrote:Shoutbox MOD v0.1.3

The Shoutbox MOD adds a small shoutbox to the index page of your forum. Not as formal as posting, it allows users to converse with one another quickly and efficiently. The future, will see many more features, including a permissions system, an option so the administrator can select the number of shouts / posts that are displayed on the forum index page, editing suite, and much more!

Please post any other suggestions you have for the future in this thread :D

To see features proposed for the future, screenshots and download links, go to http://www.cmxmods.net/shoutbox.php :)

New in v0.1.3:
Fixed bbCode + other bug fixes

When i installed this with easymod i got the following error...

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [admin/admin_board.php] could not find:

"L_AUTOLOGIN_TIME_EXPLAIN" => $lang['Autologin_time_explain'],

MOD script line #113 :: FAQ :: Report

is there a reason why ..

Generally when you get a FIND FAILED: error , it means a previous mod has already altered that file . you can either change the install.txt file to correct this or remove this part from the install.txt file and insert it manually .

MattiEsport

Post by MattiEsport » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:48 am

Demo link is wrong :(

rowel

Post by rowel » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:44 am

hi.

was wondering if anyone here has the same problem.

currently shout is visible only for guest. it requires you to log in if you try to post in the shoutbox.

however, one person is posting and his username is not showing. instead it appears as "guest".

all is well except for this one user.

and there are no member with the username "guest".
Last edited by rowel on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

rowel

Post by rowel » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:45 am

nvm. just deleted the user.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”