[ALPHA] Shoutbox MOD v0.1.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
jalaln

Re: [ALPHA] Shoutbox MOD v0.1.3

Post by jalaln » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:52 pm

Hi battye,

I've been using your shoutbox version (0.1.2) since it was first released and recently found version (0.1.3).

However, I don't want to update it to defender-uk's latest version. (0.1.4).

I just want to update it to version (0.1.3) in order to fix the bbcodes.

But I've got a question: Is there any way so that only italic and color bbocdes tags will be allowed?

Thanks in advance,
Regards.
No more spambots for phpBB2 and phpBB3.

jalaln

Post by jalaln » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:40 am

ok never mind, i've updated it to 0.1.3 normally.

You've also got a mistake in the installation file:

$lang['Shoutbox_refresher'] = 'Refresh';

should be in language/lang_english/lang_main.php and not in language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

Go well.

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:36 am

Sorry I didn't get the chance to reply, I am glad you were able to fix your problem :)
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D

CJNailer

Post by CJNailer » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:16 pm

HI there. So far this has been a good mod. I had a couple of glitches during install that had to be fixed manually in phpmyadmin but overall i likes. Thanks.

I do have a few questions.

1.)In the ACP I get the shoutbox config but the text describing what the radio buttons do is missing. I have verified that the text has been entered into the appropriate lang files.

2.)Can somebody please tell me how to display more than 15 items in the marquee? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find where the posts are being limited to 15. In my ACP I can specify the amount of posts to display but it does not seem to have an affect on the output. I have verified that the values are infact changing properly in phpmyadmin. Shoutbox.php always displays the entire list no matter what value is set, and the marquee on the index will only display 15 items no matter what value is set.

Any help anyone could offer would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance for any help. Keep up the great work everybody.

************** Update *************
Fixed. Thanks anyways.
Last edited by CJNailer on Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dog Cow

Re: Does not work in Safari 1.x

Post by Dog Cow » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:20 am

I thought I'd make it known: I installed this mod on a phpBB test board and Safari 1.0 does not show the shoutbox at all.

I believe the issue is the javascript file ending in .php?m=js which Safari does not like.
Moof!
Mac GUI Vault: Retro Apple II & Macintosh computing archive.
Inside Allerton bookMac GUIMac 512K Blog

jalaln

Post by jalaln » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:25 am

Dog Cow wrote: I thought I'd make it known: I installed this mod on a phpBB test board and Safari 1.0 does not show the shoutbox at all.

I believe the issue is the javascript file ending in .php?m=js which Safari does not like.

Which version are you talking about? 0.1.3? or defender-uk's 0.1.4?

Mysteron71

Post by Mysteron71 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:50 pm

It's been a while since I have been back in this thread and read back from page 19 where DefenderUK has apparently fixed the time order, I still have BattyE version 0.3 installed that works fine and I just made the small changes with supplied code below ...
defender-uk wrote: OK.

To store the time correctly and NOT loose ANY shouts ;)

OPEN shoutbox.php

FIND

Code: Select all

"U_DATETIME" => $shoutbox_row['shoutbox_datetime'],
REPLACE WITH

"U_DATETIME" => is_numeric($shoutbox_row['shoutbox_datetime']) ? create_date($board_config['default_dateformat'], $shoutbox_row['shoutbox_datetime'], $board_config['board_timezone'])  : $shoutbox_row['shoutbox_datetime']) ,
FIND

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . SHOUTBOX_TABLE . " (shoutbox_id, shoutbox_datetime, shoutbox_author, shoutbox_text) VALUES ('" . $shout_id . "', '" . create_date($board_config['default_dateformat'], time(), $board_config['board_timezone']) . "', '" . $userdata['user_id'] . "', '" . htmlspecialchars($text) . "')";
REPLACE WITH

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . SHOUTBOX_TABLE . " (shoutbox_id, shoutbox_datetime, shoutbox_author, shoutbox_text) VALUES ('" . $shout_id . "', '" . time() . "', '" . $userdata['user_id'] . "', '" . htmlspecialchars($text) . "')";
OPEN index.php

FIND

"U_DATETIME" => $shoutbox_row['shoutbox_datetime'],
REPLACE with

"U_DATETIME" => is_numeric($shoutbox_row['shoutbox_datetime']) ? create_date($board_config['default_dateformat'], $shoutbox_row['shoutbox_datetime'], $board_config['board_timezone'])  : $shoutbox_row['shoutbox_datetime']) ,
SAVE and close all files.

I manually edited the 2 files and have an error when I go to my site now and was hoping it would be an easy fix before I put the backup files back in place?

Here's the error I get..
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /home/sites/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/index.php on line 424

Thanks in advance and Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this! It's much appreciated 8)
Cheers
Ron.

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:35 pm

jalaln wrote:
Dog Cow wrote: I thought I'd make it known: I installed this mod on a phpBB test board and Safari 1.0 does not show the shoutbox at all.

Moof!
Mac GUI Vault: Retro Apple II & Macintosh computing archive.
Inside Allerton bookMac GUIMac 512K Blog

jalaln

Post by jalaln » Thu May 31, 2007 9:30 am

Dog Cow wrote:
jalaln wrote:

Are you sure?

0.1.3 version does not have any references to JavaScript at all!

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:42 pm

when i run the shoutbox_install file it just says "Install Error "

thts strange. wht can i do now?

i want a shoutbox on top of index page :(

jalaln

Post by jalaln » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:23 am

abhishek1711 wrote:when i run the shoutbox_install file it just says "Install Error "

Which file have you downloaded? Shoutbox MOD v0.15, 0.14 or 0.13? I'm using v0.13 (last version developed by battye) I think it's not available to download anymore, but I will upload it later.

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:57 pm

jalaln wrote:
abhishek1711 wrote:when i run the shoutbox_install file it just says "Install Error "

Which file have you downloaded? Shoutbox MOD v0.15, 0.14 or 0.13? I'm using v0.13 (last version developed by battye) I think it's not available to download anymore, but I will upload it later.
yeah i follwed few links and came to another mod which i guess is developed by som1 who took over Battye's mod....how can i get v0.13 ?

Mysteron71

Post by Mysteron71 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:42 am

I decided to try this one last time and downloaded Defenders version 1.5 .. as always I am sloppy and have an error :mrgreen: anyone able to tell me how to correct this as I followed the install to the letter and am pretty much stuck against a brick wall here ..
SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SELECT * FROM phpbb_shoutbox ORDER BY shoutbox_id DESC LIMIT 0,

Line : 293
File : index.php
Thanks in advance for any guidance 8-)

alan081954

Post by alan081954 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:31 pm

How do we move it towards the top of the page?

keatonbuster

Post by keatonbuster » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:10 am

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sb_next_id() in .../shoutbox.php on line 173
i always got this error! help please... :cry:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”