[ABD] AJAXed (MMW)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
tekky

Post by tekky »

I dont have time to read all 27 pages of this, but I saw Dojo briefly mentioned then SAJAX.... and with Dojo was mention of "heavy"... What library/toolkit did you finally use?
*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

tekky wrote: I dont have time to read all 27 pages of this, but I saw Dojo briefly mentioned then SAJAX.... and with Dojo was mention of "heavy"... What library/toolkit did you finally use?

I use Sajax for the AJAX library. For the rest of the functions that AJAXed uses I made myself.
*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

Well I'm going on vaction for a couple weeks. I'm not a hundered precent sure on when I am getting back maybe two weeks I don't know. So I won't be giving support for this MOD even if it gets accepted in the MOD database. Lets hope it gets accepted. :)
merqury07

Post by merqury07 »

Mistainu wrote: how about those lil boxes u have on the screenshots?

You have to double-click the post for those.
cardude

Post by cardude »

I installed this on a forum. Everything works great and I really like it. I can't wait for it to officially be released.

The only problem I had -
When I delete a post from the thread screen by clicking on that little round X, it deletes the post, but AJAX doesn't stop, it just stalls with loading in the upper right corner, and it only stops when AJAX times out.

EDIT:
I am using IE 6

I also just noticed that if I double click on another persons post like I was going to try to edit it, I get an error Line 141, Character 1.
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

I am having the issues/problems with the Username not telling if the name is valid or invalid or taken. Can you please assist me.

Other then that, everything else works fine.
Need a Fresh phpBB Installed, Upgraded or Hooked Up with Some NICE Mods. Send me an email... mdstreetsoulja@gmail.com for more info.

CashTalkz Dot Net - Participate in the Forum and Earn Money!
RedFoxy

Post by RedFoxy »

What security problems have that mod? Can you explain me it (if you prefer, say me it by pm)
http://www.forum.redfoxy.it

"Never man scared so much of beast
until he discover himself to be the animal.
"
www.teamhcn.com

Post by www.teamhcn.com »

Anyone know if AJAXed has been approved this time? I'm salivating at the thought of installing it... :)
Site | Forums
=HCN= Team Cyanide
"After one taste of us, you're already dead."
*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

This MOD did got Denied once again but for a good reason. The many reason for the deniement is XSS vulnerabilities :(. The MOD team point out a few problems and gave me Ideas on fixing them. I'll be getting this fixed soon and new version alittle after. :)

Other news: For those who haven't noticed the phpbb3 folder on my server, I have been working on AJAXed version 3.0.0 for phpBB3 :P I have totally remade the coding and made it more secure. I've been spending most of my time on version 3.0.0. Also something good about 3.0.0 is that there well be no crossing javascript. Which means that all AJAXed javascript well no interfer with other javascript applications. When phpBB3 is all released I'll have AJAXed ready for the MOD Database. If you goes want to check my work out you can at http://ajaxed.glitchvault.com/phpbb3/ I have a features list up too at http://ajaxed.glitchvault.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=36.

~Matt
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

It's awesome! 8O
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
www.teamhcn.com

eviL<3 wrote: It's awesome! 8O

Agreed.

I can't believe the developers haven't put AJAX inline post editing features into Olympus, I'd really like to see them do that. Maybe we'll see AJAXed being integrated into future phpbb releases? Regardless of how you look at it, phpbb is still competing with other forums like vb and ipb, both of which have AJAX post editing at the very least. AJAXed looks like it'll take that functionality even further, which is awesome. 8O :D
Last edited by www.teamhcn.com on Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site | Forums
=HCN= Team Cyanide
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

www.teamhcn.com wrote: I can't believe the Mod Team hasn't put AJAX inline post editing features into Olympus, I'd really like to see them do that. Maybe we'll see AJAXed being integrated into future phpbb releases? Regardless of how you look at it, phpbb is still competing with other forums like vb and ipb, both of which have AJAX post editing at the very least. AJAXed looks like it'll take that functionality even further, which is awesome. 8O :D

It's not the job of the Mod team. The developers are those who are working on phpbb3. There probably won't be any AJAX features in Out-of-the-box Olympus, as it's "feature frozen", and doesn't have any AJAX at the moment.
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

Dont worry too much guys, I'll have phpBB2 all covered with AJAX :D

There is only one reason that I have not touch this is MOD and it is because it makes me sick. I hate how I did the coding :P I just can stand it because I dont know lol. It works great any everything I just dont like how I have the functions name only two letters and stuff :( I did a poor job on planning the MOD but I'll do whatever to get this into the database. I'll see if I can start wotking on this, this weekend.
www.teamhcn.com

*=Matt=* wrote: Dont worry too much guys, I'll have phpBB2 all covered with AJAX :D

There is only one reason that I have not touch this is MOD and it is because it makes me sick. I hate how I did the coding :P I just can stand it because I dont know lol. It works great any everything I just dont like how I have the functions name only two letters and stuff :( I did a poor job on planning the MOD but I'll do whatever to get this into the database. I'll see if I can start wotking on this, this weekend.

Maybe there's some other members here who'd be willing to help you rewrite the parts you're unhappy with? I can see how complicated this mod is, but it also has so much potential. If I had any programming experience I'd help, but sadly all I'm good at is installing mods, which doesn't take a whole lot of technical know-how.
Site | Forums
=HCN= Team Cyanide
EzerchE

Post by EzerchE »

2.0.6 zip file is broken.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”