[ABD] AJAXed (MMW)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
hmartin

Post by hmartin »

Thanks teamhcn :-)
Just how unstable is this?

*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

It is no reall unstable it is just got a coding problem where the user list only can be used on the search page.

Here is a list that Quezza made of bugs
  • The username drop-down does not work anywhere except on the search page for some reason.
  • The username checker does not show a name is avalible/taken until one is taken then it always shows taken.
  • The popup box that shows your controls when double clicking on a post is shown in the top left corner and I didn't notice it for a while. Is it possible just to make it so this is shown when a link next to the QUOTE and EDIT called CONTROLS for example is clicked?
I'm going on vaction soon. soo i dont know when i'll be able to tackle this bugs. If you guys can be patient until i get back that would be awesome.

Thank you,
Matt

www.teamhcn.com

Post by www.teamhcn.com »

hmartin, if you're very comfortable with coding in the phpbb environment, then I'd say go ahead and install it. If you're like me, though, and have a barely functional knowledge of phpbb modding, then I would wait. Keep in mind that most/all of the testing on AJAXed is being done on an otherwise vanilla (i.e. unmodded) install of phpbb. If your board has other mods installed, there is the very real possibility that AJAXed could conflict with some of them. Also, you may or may not have difficulty in the future updating AJAXed to a later version, since this is a beta. Bottom line: if you're knowledgeable enough to troubleshoot any problems that might arise, you'll be safe installing AJAXed; everyone else should wait until it's submitted and released.
Site | Forums
=HCN= Team Cyanide
"After one taste of us, you're already dead."

Alexander the Great

Post by Alexander the Great »

This needs to be updated for 2.0.20....

Erik_Blomqvist

Post by Erik_Blomqvist »

I'm not being able to download the latest versions (neither 2.0.1 or 2.0.2). Is there anywhere I could find a mirror?

tauntry

For some reason I lost my edit button

Post by tauntry »

Hey I lost my edit button (the original one) And now I don't know which file it is in.) To put it back. Does any one know which file I need to put the original edit button back and what the code is, I realize it was my mistake sooo....
I would appreciate the help.

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

WOOOW..amazing MOD. This will be on my forum right now!
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

Nux

Re: For some reason I lost my edit button

Post by Nux »

tauntry wrote: Hey I lost my edit button (the original one) And now I don't know which file it is in.) To put it back. Does any one know which file I need to put the original edit button back and what the code is, I realize it was my mistake sooo....
I would appreciate the help.

I guess it's viewtopic_body.tpl, but you would have to give a link to your forum to be sure.

PS: Remeber it's still RC1 - so it is NOT released yet and it might have some serious bugs.
My page: DOM, Javascript, SQL - tips&scripts (mostly in Polish, sorry ;))

yofx

Post by yofx »

I'm just going to wait until some of the bugs are fixed. I'm still very interested in this MOD though, so hopefully this MOD won't be forgotten.

Quezza

Post by Quezza »

Thanks for the update Matt :)

Guys remember that my bug list may not be correct as it is on a highly modified forum so it may be conflicts with other mods.

Keep it up guys :)

SuperFedya

Post by SuperFedya »

Whay AJAX EDIT not work whit russian lang? (encoding 'windows-1251')?
Where i can change encoding? Thanks.

www.teamhcn.com

Post by www.teamhcn.com »

SuperFedya wrote: Whay AJAX EDIT not work whit russian lang? (encoding 'windows-1251')?
Where i can change encoding? Thanks.

No one's done the necessary localization for AJAXed to work in Russian, I assume. However, please read the thread title and description (back on page 1): AJAXed is RC1. That means it's still in beta, and will be for some time. It's a complicated mod and there are still bugs that need to be ironed out before it is submitted/accepted to the MODDB. I can't stress this enough: don't install AJAXed unless you know what you're doing. :wink:
Site | Forums
=HCN= Team Cyanide
"After one taste of us, you're already dead."

*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

2.0.3 has been released.

Everyone should upgrade because I did forget to add important things in 2.0.2 that messed some features up.

With this version I have tested on 2.0.20 and works and have tested most of the features on Firefox 1.5.0.2 and they work.

Please when you report a bug please put what browser you have, verison of your browser, version of phpBB.

Thank you,
Matt

Quezza

Post by Quezza »

OK, shall upgrade soon.

Thanks for your hard work, Luke

allanhardy

Post by allanhardy »

I've not read this entire thread yet, so if this redundent, sorry.

Im working on an mod to the Topic Description mod and AJAxing the tooptips that allows previe of the first adn last posts in a topic. If there ever was an example of using AJAX, this is one.

After trial and error of different tools, learning curve, etc I'm on track with a working solution, not without need for more work.

Im using these open source tools:

prototype.js AJAX support (based on Rails)
scriptaculous.js Bing used for Event/Presentation but is really a package of cool stuff(more Rails)
Tooltips.js Tooltips

I wonder where we might end up with different mods using different helper packages. Probably not much we can do to aim toward standardization.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”