[BETA] MOD Logbook

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
MRM4

Post by MRM4 »

I figured a little of it out. When I click either the logbook or logbook config link in our ACP doesn't have much text on the pages. Here are some screen shots:

Anyone know why this is?
shotgun000

Post by shotgun000 »

This looks like a nice mod. Is it possible to add additional log items, such as edit rank, edit avatar and so on?

Ideally, I would like to log every action a mod or admin makes.
MRM4

Post by MRM4 »

Anyone have any recommendations for my problem(s)?
juice@gamesoda

Re: [BETA] MOD Logbook

Post by juice@gamesoda »

by MRM4 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:42 pm

I figured out the other problem and tried it again. Now, I get this error message:

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/page_header.php] could not find:

'U_PROFILE' => append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'profile.'.$phpEx.'?mode=editprofile'),

MOD script line #79

When looking on that page, that line actually says:

'U_PROFILE' => append_sid('profile.'.$phpEx.'?mode=editprofile'),

Should I change the page to match the MOD or change the MOD to match my page?
Change the MOD to match your page. The correct line should be:
'U_PROFILE' => append_sid('profile.'.$phpEx.'?mode=editprofile'),
Juice
Administrator
World War IV
http://ww4.gamesoda.com
juice@gamesoda

Post by juice@gamesoda »

I have found a problem. My users and I can no longer quote. I have just three MOD's installed. Admin Userlist 2.0.6, Restrict topic creation by postcountv101, and this one (installed in that order).

After installing this mod I have noticed that when someone tried to quote, the bbcode is no longer parsed as code. It is just passed on as regular text. It seems as though all bbcode is working fine, except for the quote tag.

I have tried my best to find the problem, but I am at a loss here. Please help.

I have the latest release of phpBB. Everything else in the mod seems to work fine for me.
Juice
Administrator
World War IV
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

juice@gamesoda wrote:After installing this mod I have noticed that when someone tried to quote, the bbcode is no longer parsed as code. It is just passed on as regular text. It seems as though all bbcode is working fine, except for the quote tag.
Hmmm, I had a quick look through the mod code but I can't see anywhere that would affect bbcode. I'm assuming you either made a mistake, or one of your other mods introduced an identical line to one of the FIND instructions in my MOD, so the wrong line is edited. Most likely problem is in posting.php, re-check all those changes.
Need custom work done? Pimp My Forum!
juice@gamesoda

Post by juice@gamesoda »

Merlin Sythove wrote:
juice@gamesoda wrote:After installing this mod I have noticed that when someone tried to quote, the bbcode is no longer parsed as code. It is just passed on as regular text. It seems as though all bbcode is working fine, except for the quote tag.
Hmmm, I had a quick look through the mod code but I can't see anywhere that would affect bbcode. I'm assuming you either made a mistake, or one of your other mods introduced an identical line to one of the FIND instructions in my MOD, so the wrong line is edited. Most likely problem is in posting.php, re-check all those changes.
Fortunately for me, neither of my other two mods do any editing to posting.php. I'll look through it again, even try to undo and redo some things to find the error.
Juice
Administrator
World War IV
BTJoerg

Post by BTJoerg »

Hi Merlin,

great mod, but i have small problems with it.
Because i see in the top off the template only this

Code: Select all

:: Details
I think i have here a problem with this part

<table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0" align="center">

<tr>

<td align="left" width="100%"><span class="nav"><a href="{U_INDEX}" class="nav">{L_INDEX}</a></span></td>	

<td  class="pagination" >{PAGINATION} :: <a href="#" onclick="javascript:showhide(-1);this.blur();return false;">{L_LOG_DETAILS}</a>
</td>
also i have delete the part <!-- xxxx ---> by this part

<tr>

<td class="catHead" colspan="9" height="28" align="right"> 			

<input type="button" onclick="javascript: delete_marked();" name="delete" value="{L_DELETE_MARKED}" class="mainoption" style="width:auto;" />

<!--input type="submit" name="{L_CANCEL}" class="liteoption" value="{L_CANCEL}" onClick="self.location.href='{S_CANCEL_ACTION}'" /-->

</td>

</tr>

{S_HIDDEN_FIELDS}

</form>	

</table>
Only with this modifikation i cann see the button "delete marks"

Have you a idear for it.

I will use the mod to archive the post modifikations like WIKIpedia.
Can you give same tips to select the inserts like the psot-ID's

Regards Jörg
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Hi Jörg,
BTJoerg wrote:Hi Merlin,

great mod, but i have small problems with it.
Because i see in the top off the template only this

I think i have here a problem with this part

<table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0" align="center">

<tr>

<td align="left" width="100%"><span class="nav"><a href="{U_INDEX}" class="nav">{L_INDEX}</a></span></td>	

<td  class="pagination" >{PAGINATION} :: <a href="#" onclick="javascript:showhide(-1);this.blur();return false;">{L_LOG_DETAILS}</a>
</td>
The value L_INDEX is not defined, which is why the link to the forum index page is not visible. It should say
Myforum index :: Details
and not just
and the way to solve it is to add this line in the logbook.php

'L_INDEX' => sprintf($lang['Forum_Index'], $board_config['sitename']),
	'U_INDEX' => append_sid('index.'.$phpEx), 
for example after

'PAGINATION' => $pagination,
In my own forum those lines are in includes/page_header.php so I can usse these variables on any page, but it is quite possible that is an addition of my own.
also i have delete the part <!-- xxxx ---> by this part

<tr>

<td class="catHead" colspan="9" height="28" align="right"> 			

<input type="button" onclick="javascript: delete_marked();" name="delete" value="{L_DELETE_MARKED}" class="mainoption" style="width:auto;" />

<!--input type="submit" name="{L_CANCEL}" class="liteoption" value="{L_CANCEL}" onClick="self.location.href='{S_CANCEL_ACTION}'" /-->

</td>

</tr>

{S_HIDDEN_FIELDS}

</form>	

</table>
Only with this modifikation i cann see the button "delete marks"
You don't need a Cancel button so if the above code works for you, that is fine. A Reset button would be handier but I haven't made that.
Have you a idear for it.

I will use the mod to archive the post modifikations like WIKIpedia.
Can you give same tips to select the inserts like the psot-ID's
You want to select all the changes that were made to one post? That is a feature I still want to add myself. In my case all changes of more than a month old are deleted, so for me it has limited usefulness.
Of course you will select the complete previous versions of a post, not just the bits that were inserted or deleted, but I guess you know that.
Let me know if that is what you mean and I'll have a think how to add that.
hshah

Post by hshah »

Hi Merlin... is there any way you can easily make this modification track all actions done by my moderators, junior administrators (Junior Admin Mod) and administrators, especially those actions carried out in the ACP (bans, deleting of users etc)?

If not, do you know of a modification that will do this?
Join the OcUK Cyber Nations Alliance
http://hirenshah.co.uk/ocuk
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

stduentforums wrote:Hi Merlin... is there any way you can easily make this modification track all actions done by my moderators, junior administrators (Junior Admin Mod) and administrators, especially those actions carried out in the ACP (bans, deleting of users etc)?

Hmm, you just asked this question via PM and I already spent time answering it, which is a real nuisance since the PM is not visible to everyone else who might benefit from the answer.

I haven't tried what you want, but my advice is that you should simply try and see what happens.

This mod logs post and topic changes / deletions and so on.
The assumption is that whoever does it, is immaterial (although recorded).
hshah

Post by hshah »

Merlin Sythove wrote:
stduentforums wrote:Hi Merlin... is there any way you can easily make this modification track all actions done by my moderators, junior administrators (Junior Admin Mod) and administrators, especially those actions carried out in the ACP (bans, deleting of users etc)?

Hmm, you just asked this question via PM and I already spent time answering it, which is a real nuisance since the PM is not visible to everyone else who might benefit from the answer.

I haven't tried what you want, but my advice is that you should simply try and see what happens.

This mod logs post and topic changes / deletions and so on.
The assumption is that whoever does it, is immaterial (although recorded).
Sorry about that mate :oops:

What I meant was that I know it logs actions to topics and posts... but can I make it log actions carried out in the ACP, which my Junior Admins have access to? Actions like banning users, deleting users, setting permissions, creating new forums, creating new groups etc...
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

stduentforums wrote:What I meant was that I know it logs actions to topics and posts... but can I make it log actions carried out in the ACP, which my Junior Admins have access to? Actions like banning users, deleting users, setting permissions, creating new forums, creating new groups etc...
I can't answer the question if you can do it, but anyone with programming skills should be able to do it. The call to actually log something is straightforward, here is an example:

log_action('lock', $forum_id, $topic_id, $topic_info['topic_title']);
More variables can be passed, and you need to include the functions_logbook.php file. Inspection of posting.php after installing the logbook mod will show you what you need.

What you need to program, is which variables you save where, and how you retrieve and display a particular action in your log book, if such an action does not yet exist. Inspection of logbook.php will show you how it is done for 'edit_post' for example. A handful of actions are already defined, partaining to topic moderation and to post changes.

I hope this helps - you have enough information and examples now to program it yourself if you have programming skills.
hshah

Post by hshah »

I will try and have a go, but unfortunately I do not have any programming skills :(
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

stduentforums wrote:I will try and have a go, but unfortunately I do not have any programming skills :(
In that case you may consider leaving it alone, it is not as easy as that single line I gave, for example you need to figure out in your own modded admin files where such lines should go and so forth.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”