[BETA] phpBB Rivals v0.11.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

report system seems to ok, some bugs workin on them now. um also working on the brackets for the tourny par tof the mod and brackets code works tnx to the help of a ton googling and some other ppl who no php :) looks sexy too.

erm what else, oh ya um the ccp main page/gui thing is goin good. ill put up a new zip tomorrow :)

SCREENSHOT of brackets :P: http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/2082/picture14ub.png
Dan39

Post by Dan39 »

its some awsome shit kyle, good job man :)

ur templates need some work tho lol, u cant tell what the hell is what
Joe$moe

Post by Joe$moe »

I see the word of something in that screen shot :wink:

Eitherway great to see the tourny addition coming along so good. Can't wait to use it when it's done.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

The word(s) is an iso, the iso being a backup of my linux HD.

i gotta ask some questions now.

for the tourny system: should the admin(s) be the ones who make the tourny or should the users be?
Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

My vote would be for user (actually, I NEED it to be user), but others may run theirs differently.

Why not an option to choose between them in the ACP?
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

Allow admins to always create tournaments and place an option in the admincp to toggle the ability for users to create tournaments. Also, an option to allow only users that lead a clan or otherwise have special permissions should be able to start a tournament would be nice.
Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

...even better.
Spinebuster

Post by Spinebuster »

Rizzn. wrote: Allow admins to always create tournaments and place an option in the admincp to toggle the ability for users to create tournaments. Also, an option to allow only users that lead a clan or otherwise have special permissions should be able to start a tournament would be nice.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

Spinebuster wrote:
Rizzn. wrote:Allow admins to always create tournaments and place an option in the admincp to toggle the ability for users to create tournaments. Also, an option to allow only users that lead a clan or otherwise have special permissions should be able to start a tournament would be nice.

can you reparse that in simpler english :S
Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

1. Admin can create tourneys (always)

2. Clan leaders can create tourneys (always)

3. ACP option for users to create tourneys (radio buttons to toggle yes/no)
Spinebuster

Post by Spinebuster »

I agree with 1 and 3 but I would also like 2 to be like 3. :lol:
Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

-blinks

Yeah, what he said :lol:
BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

Didn't you have some people testing it for you? Couldn't you have gotten what you sent them rather then starting over?
My phpBB3 Mods: - None active =[
Joe$moe

Post by Joe$moe »

Kalipo wrote: 1. Admin can create tourneys (always)

2. Clan leaders can create tourneys (always)

3. ACP option for users to create tourneys (radio buttons to toggle yes/no)

No offense to you bro but you don't seem like a real gamer. A real gamer would know that if users could create tournys it would be like mass hell with a new tourny every day and no one would play. Only Admins should be able to create them. Maybe invitational tournys would be cool so after the ladder play you could have a tourny for all the top teams.

You may want to post an update so you don't lose what you've worked on in the past few days. :wink:
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

Well, you'd also implement a filter in the screen that shows available tournaments, similar to the filters in phpBB's search function.

For example:
Official Tournaments (Admin Created)
Clan Held Tournaments (Created bya Clan Leader)
All Tournaments

Perhaps a secondary tournament system should also be created, or an option on the main system, that allows tournaments of specific members rather than whole clans. Then a clan could create a tournament based on just its own members or open it up to all board members regardless of clan affiliation.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”