[BETA] phpBB Rivals v0.11.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

read me, naw when i get around to the acp ill just make a add ladder page...erm the view ladders work aswell as the view division (only shows clans names atm)

got a question tho, how should i go about the ranking, what do u think is best?
socomcasper

Post by socomcasper »

I had this question as well while I started on my ladder system. This is what I came up with.

Clans Point System:
Clan Points
Clans Will Have 500 Point Minimum (Start)
Battle Percentages
All games will record their own wins/losses, i.e.
  • 1 vs. 1 = 4 wins 2 losses
    9 vs. 9 = 0 wins 1 loss
    16 vs. 16 = 7 wins 2 losses
    Cumulative Clan Record = 11 wins 5 losses
Each group has it's own win/loss percentage change, i.e.
  • 1 vs 1 = 1%
    2 vs. 2 = 2%
    4 vs. 4 = 4%
    6 vs. 6 = 6%
    8 vs. 8 = 9%
    12 vs. 12 = 12%
    16 vs. 16 = 15%
All points being changed from clan total.
Example:

Code: Select all

Two clans both starting out with no games played will have 500 pts. a piece. Clan A is victorious over Clan B in a 9 vs. 9 battle. The point change is:
Clan A = 545 pts.
Record = 9 vs. 9 = 1 win 0 losses
Clan B = 500 pts.
Record = 9 vs. 9 = 0 wins 1 loss.

Clan A challenges Clan C who has 500 points with no games played to a 16 vs. 16 battle. Clan C is victorious over Clan A. The point change is:
Clan A = 500 pts.
Record = 
9 vs. 9 = 1 win 0 losses
16 vs. 16 = 0 win 1 loss
Clan Record = 1 win 1 loss
Clan C = 582 pts.
Record = 16 vs. 16 = 1 win 0 losses
That's how I started working on mine. Seemed like the easiest and most "honest" way to go about it at the time. Hope that helps, I will be awaiting a more defined download before I install on my main board, but will test on a vanilla test forum I have.

EDIT: Some of the above may not apply to what you've already done from what I saw, but just wanted to try and help. For moe info on what I was doing, and am still trying - hopefully you'll finish before I do so I can stop - check out this link.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

hmm I think ill go with something simple:

Code: Select all

round ( ( looser points / winner points ) * 100 )
Example:
EX #1:
CLAN A has 500pts
CLAN B has 1200pts

CLAN A beats CLAN B
MATH: round ( ( 1200 / 500 ) * 100 ) = 240

CLAN A now has ( 500pts + 240pts ) = 740pts
CLAN B now has ( 1200pts - 240pts ) = 960pts
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX #2:
CLAN A has 500pts
CLAN B has 1200pts

CLAN B beats CLAN A
MATH: round ( ( 500 / 1200 ) * 100 ) = 41pts

CLAN A now has ( 500pts - 41pts ) = 459pts
CLAN B now has ( 1200pts + 41pts ) = 1241pts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX #3
CLAN A has 500pts
CLAN B has 500pts

CLAN A beats CLAN B
MATH: round ( ( 500 / 500 ) * 100 ) = 100pts

CLAN A now has ( 500pts + 100pts ) = 600pts
CLAN B now has ( 500pts - 100pts ) = 400pts

or the "* 100" could be replaced with "* x" x being number of players or something.
Spinebuster

Post by Spinebuster »

What do points have to do with rankings?
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

I dont know, im just throwing ideas out thier. we could order the clans by win/loss %age?
Spinebuster

Post by Spinebuster »

order the clans by win/loss

Also, you should only be able to challenge up 25% of the ladder. This way, a team thats ranked 50 cant challenge for number 1.
Dan39

Post by Dan39 »

points have everything to do with ranking, u cant just rank by win/loss because if u have 20 wins and 0 losses u may not be good, like all those wins are against other clans that are like 0-10, so u have to make a point system where when you win u get points based on the other person's ranking and if you loose you loose points base don teh other persons rank, like if your really low ranked and u beat a high rank u get a lot more points than if u beat some1 else that was low ranked, and if u loose to some1 like ur own rank u will loose a lot more points than when u loose against some1 a lot higher than u

get it? lol
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

ya so its basicly the same math i had in my last post?
Dan39

Post by Dan39 »

kind of, but that math looks a lil too big, jus cut off one or so zero's off the end of each number and itll be good
Spinebuster

Post by Spinebuster »

I agree with what your saying about other teams skills on the ladder but most successful ladders dont have a points system. They go off of rung defense. By the way you are describing to do it would mean a team that was 1-0 wouldnt be able to knock off a team and take another teams rung that was 14-0.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

ya but its thier choice if they wanna accept the challenge
Spinebuster

Post by Spinebuster »

A.I. BOT wrote: ya but its thier choice if they wanna accept the challenge

What do you mean? If they dont accept the challenge they should lose by forfeit.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

Spinebuster wrote:
A.I. BOT wrote:ya but its thier choice if they wanna accept the challenge

What do you mean? If they dont accept the challenge they should lose by forfeit.
They should only be forced to forfeit if the challenger is about the same size they are.

If they are being challenged by someone much, much 'stronger' than they are, they shouldn't lose points for turning down a challenge they know they are going to lose anyway. You shouldn't reward large clans for specifically targeting smaller clans knowing the challenge won't be accepted. That's called 'bottomfeeding' in many games, and it should be discouraged. A clan of 50 members shouldn't gain points for targeting a clan of only 5-10 members if that small clan refuses.

The same goes for being very large and being challenged by someone small. You shouldn't lose points because you don't want to win a contest that you know has no real challenge to it. This is especially true if you are looking to challenge someone else that would be more difficult to defeat.

I personally would really, really hate to be arranging with another clan to start a challenge, and someone else just happens to challenge me before we can complete 'negotiations' and thus being forced to fight someone we're not interested in or lose points because we have other plans.
Spinebuster

Post by Spinebuster »

Bottom feeders are teams that never make off of the bottom rungs of the ladder. If you cant defend your rung that your at then you dont deserve to be there, no matter how big or small your clan is.

Since it seems some people are wanting this points system ranking, maybe you can make an option to choose which to use in ladder management when you create the ladder.

I would really hate to see this mod get borked when it has a lot of potential to be very popular.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

forfitting? no, the challenge system is ment to ASK the other clan if they would liek to fight, not TELL them to.

If the noob clan accepts the stronger clan's challenge then so be it then, it was thier choice. Its like asking, Do you want fries with that, sir? ... its a yes or no anwser.

I am not going to offer both, I dont have the time for it, so just keep commenting on what system u would like to see, one thats not too complex, and ill see what i can do about it.

Thanks.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”