[ABD] Shop Mod 3.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
soulcop

Post by soulcop »

chewy747 wrote: stupid question, but what do you do with the items you buy? i have 2.60 installed fine but dont know what to do with them :?:

Nothing, without any other mods installed all you can do is collect the items.
There is no real use for the shop mod it's self other then collectables.

chewy747

Post by chewy747 »

what are some mods that make use of the items?

soulcop

Post by soulcop »

Oh, there is in error in the admin/admin_shop.php file!

When attempting to edit a shop, the button "Edit" is linking to shop_edit_shop.tpl
Which we had to fixed so the mod would install using EasyMOD

Now this will fix it...

Code: Select all

------OPEN------
admin/admin_shop.php

------FIND------
'body' => 'admin/shop_edit_shop.tpl')

------CHANGE TO------
'body' => 'admin/shop_edit_body.tpl')

soulcop

Post by soulcop »

chewy747 wrote: what are some mods that make use of the items?

The only one I can think of is NulAvatar

NulAvatar
A mod that allows your forum to have customizable avatars like gaiaonline.com

mattle

Re: [RC1] Shop Mod 3.0

Post by mattle »

Zarath wrote: In regards to development. A few things concern me. First, I am wayyyy ahead of the 2.6.0 version. I've added numerous things, rewritten the entire way item handling is used and added various things like tracking transactions to the script.

My biggest problem is due to item handling changes, specifically now it doesn't use a single user table field to store all item information, a lot of mods written for the old version will not work with the new version. This is stalling my release of the new version, and I'm not sure if it's worth it -- or if people will use it. I know a lot of the old developers that made the older mods have stopped now. So it's kind of iffy...

Well, if you have any opinions, feel free to respond.

Upates I've done:
-Transactions between all users in all shop supported mods. Allows easy tracking of buys/sells/trades/gives/user shop purchases/admin edits etc.
-Special effect shop updated entirely. Removed privileges options, updated colour list to use an extensive colour table (supports any form of HEX colour, with a colour list of about 200; launched from popup).
-Updated special affects so in non-IE windows glows and shadows appear as a background colour (will update this to glows/shadows when browsers like firefox begin supporting CSS L3).
-Affects are now stored as an item.
-Updated shop display area to allow customized temples. This works in every shop field [except the districts template; read more later]. So seperate templates may be used for shop list/item list etc.
-Updated templates to now use a template directory.
-Updated ALL files to use complete DBAL and rewrote most of it to work much, much faster.
-Updated item handling... Really, the amount of changes this caused is just too big to list. But items are now stored in a seperate table, enabling you to create "unique" items without creating a shop item to represent it.
-Removed image listing in viewtopic... Link only now.
-Updated inventory listing to allow drops to bottom only (instead of top/bottom) due to changes in the item handling.
-Made it so special shops now require a linking in the ACP, has a setting for shops to allow a script link instead of default link.
-Added the ability to have "Shop Owners"... This needs to be updated properly so you can disable it.
-Added PMs when giving/trading users... Virtually eliminated the old "Special Messages" field. (I think it still exists, but I don't think anything uses it.)
-Updated the give function to allow multiple items...

[Shop Additions/add-ons]
-Give wrapping shop made. Wrapped items will be listed at top of inventory and may be opened from the user's inventory.
-Tavern/Bar shop... Lets users purchase various drinks (set in the ACP) to get them drunk. Scrambles/slurrs post text to give a drunk affect and adds to their rank "Drunk".
-Synth shop... Pretty obvious, allows synthing of items. Extensive settings through the ACP.
-Enchanting store.. Lets you enchant items with various other items... [Will probably not release this, too specific to my forums, really.]

[Note: This is an overview of the changes... Things are definitely missing from this list, but I did add as much as I could remember.]

Carrying on with this. I have updated the user shops and moogie's old auction script to work with this new version, and I'd be happy to release those as well.

I've also considered allowing various shops to take different currency. But haven't begun working on this yet... I'd rather get a working version released if there's enough interest.

Download link: http://www.zarath.com/mods/shop_mod_300.zip
Known Errors: None

Please post any errors here, I'll update this first post with known errors and fix them ASAP. This is the BASE shop. The special effects shop, wrapping shop, synth shop etc are not included in the base package. I will release them shortly.

Thanks,
Zarath

do you have a demo :?

Schwpz

Post by Schwpz »

End of a Shadow provided a test server at the beginning of this topic:
End of a Shadow wrote:
soulcop wrote:Any BETA test servers yet?

http://phpbb.insyderonline.com/shop.php
..:: PlanetZot.com - Your ultimate source for animation! ^^

eviljoker7075

Post by eviljoker7075 »

soulcop wrote:
chewy747 wrote:what are some mods that make use of the items?

The only one I can think of is NulAvatar

NulAvatar
A mod that allows your forum to have customizable avatars like gaiaonline.com

Got a link to that one mate?

End of a Shadow
Name: J G

Post by End of a Shadow »

eviljoker7075 wrote: Got a link to that one mate?

http://phpbb.insyderonline.com/dload.ph ... file_id=11

felguard

Post by felguard »

I already had 2.6.0 shop mod, but after installing 3.0.0, I realize that the Effects store is gone. Did I install it wrong? I tried looking in the admin panel to see if it was on or off, but it had nothing regarding the effects store. Here's my shop: http://www.deimonhigh.com/forums/shop.php

Thanks in advance!

Oh also, sorry to rub it in, but when I execute the update_items.php, I get this error:
Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/deimon/public_html/forums/update/update_items.php on line 6

Warning: main(): Failed opening './extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/deimon/public_html/forums/update/update_items.php on line 6

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/deimon/public_html/forums/update/update_items.php on line 7

Warning: main(): Failed opening './common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/deimon/public_html/forums/update/update_items.php on line 7

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/deimon/public_html/forums/update/update_items.php on line 12
iHeartLED.com - Love Your LED Endlessly

HoundoftheB

Post by HoundoftheB »

no, Zarath hasn't made the new effects store for 3.0

Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

HoundoftheB wrote: no, Zarath hasn't made the new effects store for 3.0
I don't know the latest update on this, but, last post I saw he had on another forum he said he had finished the effects shop but hasn't had the time to finish the admin part of it.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)

felguard

Post by felguard »

Oh I see, thanks for letting me know. :D
iHeartLED.com - Love Your LED Endlessly

chewy747

Post by chewy747 »

where can i get support for 2.60? i can seem to find it for some reason

alexstenerson

Post by alexstenerson »

I have free phpbb hosting and it comes with the mod installed and i have it all setup right and everything but i have no access to the actual like image files and stuff and am wondering if theres any way i can have images for my products in the shop?

darthvadersnewmaster

Post by darthvadersnewmaster »

Can easymod install this mod?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”