[ABD] Shop Mod 3.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zarath

[ABD] Shop Mod 3.0

Post by Zarath » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:52 am

In regards to development. A few things concern me. First, I am wayyyy ahead of the 2.6.0 version. I've added numerous things, rewritten the entire way item handling is used and added various things like tracking transactions to the script.

My biggest problem is due to item handling changes, specifically now it doesn't use a single user table field to store all item information, a lot of mods written for the old version will not work with the new version. This is stalling my release of the new version, and I'm not sure if it's worth it -- or if people will use it. I know a lot of the old developers that made the older mods have stopped now. So it's kind of iffy...

Well, if you have any opinions, feel free to respond.

Upates I've done:
-Transactions between all users in all shop supported mods. Allows easy tracking of buys/sells/trades/gives/user shop purchases/admin edits etc.
-Special effect shop updated entirely. Removed privileges options, updated colour list to use an extensive colour table (supports any form of HEX colour, with a colour list of about 200; launched from popup).
-Updated special affects so in non-IE windows glows and shadows appear as a background colour (will update this to glows/shadows when browsers like firefox begin supporting CSS L3).
-Affects are now stored as an item.
-Updated shop display area to allow customized temples. This works in every shop field [except the districts template; read more later]. So seperate templates may be used for shop list/item list etc.
-Updated templates to now use a template directory.
-Updated ALL files to use complete DBAL and rewrote most of it to work much, much faster.
-Updated item handling... Really, the amount of changes this caused is just too big to list. But items are now stored in a seperate table, enabling you to create "unique" items without creating a shop item to represent it.
-Removed image listing in viewtopic... Link only now.
-Updated inventory listing to allow drops to bottom only (instead of top/bottom) due to changes in the item handling.
-Made it so special shops now require a linking in the ACP, has a setting for shops to allow a script link instead of default link.
-Added the ability to have "Shop Owners"... This needs to be updated properly so you can disable it.
-Added PMs when giving/trading users... Virtually eliminated the old "Special Messages" field. (I think it still exists, but I don't think anything uses it.)
-Updated the give function to allow multiple items...

[Shop Additions/add-ons]
-Give wrapping shop made. Wrapped items will be listed at top of inventory and may be opened from the user's inventory.
-Tavern/Bar shop... Lets users purchase various drinks (set in the ACP) to get them drunk. Scrambles/slurrs post text to give a drunk affect and adds to their rank "Drunk".
-Synth shop... Pretty obvious, allows synthing of items. Extensive settings through the ACP.
-Enchanting store.. Lets you enchant items with various other items... [Will probably not release this, too specific to my forums, really.]

[Note: This is an overview of the changes... Things are definitely missing from this list, but I did add as much as I could remember.]

Carrying on with this. I have updated the user shops and moogie's old auction script to work with this new version, and I'd be happy to release those as well.

I've also considered allowing various shops to take different currency. But haven't begun working on this yet... I'd rather get a working version released if there's enough interest.

Download link: http://www.zarath.com/mods/shop_mod_300.zip
Known Errors: None

Please post any errors here, I'll update this first post with known errors and fix them ASAP. This is the BASE shop. The special effects shop, wrapping shop, synth shop etc are not included in the base package. I will release them shortly.

Thanks,
Zarath
Last edited by Zarath on Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zypher

Post by Zypher » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:10 am

Well i have always been a fan of yours Zarath. And looking at the new updates it appears to be a big change and yes that will be hard to use with older MODs, however newer MODs are coming out so this will give it a chance for developers to start working with a newer version of the shop. I support your 100%. :)

PS: you have to add a prefix to your post subject.
- Zypher

~Beware of the Darkness Within!~

Fully Loaded

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:37 pm

If you plan on developing your MOD here, make sure you're using our MOD template. :wink:

Also, if this MOD is still in beta, the y value of the version number needs to be odd; you should instead have the MOD versioned as 2.9 until it's stable; when it is stable, you can submit it to the MODDB.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:24 pm

I have always love this type of shop from Zarath. I hope you will get a working version out for us to use. Thanks for the hard work.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:56 pm

I would defenatly love for this version to be completed. goodluck!

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:35 am

Well this version is already completed... It would just be getting it to a release state.

I assume by template you mean install template? Or is there another template I'm not aware of? I haven't really been active in the mod developement community for like a year and a half. :P

danb00

Post by danb00 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:19 am

omg omg!!! its back :)
will you be updating the others as well? bank, lottery?
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB

End of a Shadow
Name: J G

Post by End of a Shadow » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:16 pm

Zarath wrote: I assume by template you mean install template? Or is there another template I'm not aware of?

Both the user installment template and the posting your mod template. The rules have change drastically since a year and a half. Moreso to keep things organized, universal, and simple for everyone. Template on posting your mod and template for how the installment is asked to be.

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:31 pm

I will be updating the bank and lottery... But inregards to the bank, there's not really a lot I can do. I mean I can template it, rewrite the code, add lang vars etc... But essentially the features it has is everything I can see it needing.

Thanks, I already read the post layout guide after someone said I needed the [TAG] thing. :)
The template layout has been around since I started, although not so official (or required). I remember they were just beginning to enforce DBAL on mods back when I left. :P

dcz

Post by dcz » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm

Well, I am really happy to read such good news.

So, I am just finishing to update the auction mod to work with the shop mod 2.6.0 (I also fisd some code with this version of shop mod).

And yes I would be happy to start dev a shop 3.0 auction mod as soon as we'll be able to test some of your new code Zarath.

And thanks again for all that you have done.

++

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS

k10magic

Post by k10magic » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:58 pm

Yes please please release it! :)

Just make sure it's profile control panel compatible, please?

I LOVE all the changes.

(I could BETA test it if you need as well.)

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:10 am

Sorry, I don't have the profile control panel mod installed, so I have no idea whether or not it will be installed.

To dcz, I've already rewritten most of the auction script to work with the new shop mod. I'll be happy to release that too. :)

I'll try get a beta up today or tomorrow... Have to install some new test forums and get it to a stage where it can install it on that fairly easily.

I just want to make 1 thing clear, I don't plan on giving personal support for this. So no emailing me, or tracking down my forums etc... That was probably the biggest problem last time I wrote mods. Flooded with emails every day. :(

dcz

Post by dcz » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:03 pm

hehe, you are the man Zarath!

And just don't care about support, if your mod is working, support will go by itself here.
I am sure about this because of the great success of your code, to many coders will be very happy to help you out on this as pretty much all of them had to adapt the previous version, they should be happy to collaborate with theire findings for this new one.

So to bad my work on the auction mod becomes useless, but still, if you want some help some time to test or to re read some code, PM me.

Also, I don't know about what you have done about multilanguage support, but I updated the previous auction code to be multilanguage.

I could help you out on this kind of things for example. I could translate in french and set up all vars for the multilangugae support so that it could be translated in other languages easy.

I am only offering to help here because I really think your work is great and can be really usefull to build cool forums, even though they are not totally RPG oriented.

I worked on other mods also, such as mod-lottery_2.0.4, which was not functionning well. This could be something to update for shop 3.0 too I think.

Tell me if you plan to do it, otherwise I'll start as soon as you'll provide fresh code.

++

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS

ciccino

Post by ciccino » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:35 pm

zarath thank you for your work! :D

can you add downloable item in your script? :oops:

excuse me for my poor english ^^' i'm italian :oops:

Zarath

Post by Zarath » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:26 am

I don't think I added lang support for the auction script, so you could definitely do that... I did, however, add lang support to the new shop mod. :)

I need to go over the ACP and fix a few problems in the buy/sell page and I'll add a link. I did a lot of work on it yesterday (and installed a test forum for myself). So I should hopefully have beta out today.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”