[DEV] Atlas Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
ewelin

Post by ewelin » Sun May 07, 2006 3:21 am

TSM2 wrote: I have done some major changes to my Atlas Mod but they may not be completley in terms of the Google Maps.

I added search for location support when adding your location. It parses output from google maps for the lat and long. Seems to work for both postcoes/zip and normal locations.

I did a few other peices. I meged in KML support based on code that someone else posted here.

Added to the view map a list of all currently loaded markers with roll over support to open up infowindow. Also all info windows have mini maps added.

This is all private to me but if someone want the code i can pass though.
Could i get the code passed onto me :-D

Also just a side note.... You forgot to make changes to the ACP user management... I was hoping to do this up on my own and provide the code to help you.... but it's been on my todo list now for almost 3 months and no progress.

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:30 pm

So what's going on with this mod? Has it been abandoned? I hope not, it had great potential. Anyone have any links for similar mods with ongoing support?
-Sammy

marvuk

Post by marvuk » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:45 am

Great mod, real shame it appears to have been abandoned :(

Have installed it on one of my sites and made a few bug fixes, tweaks and additions but the basic mod is excellent :D

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:05 pm

marvuk wrote: Great mod, real shame it appears to have been abandoned :(

Have installed it on one of my sites and made a few bug fixes, tweaks and additions but the basic mod is excellent :D

Nice modifications, I checked your site out. Care to share the fixes and tweaks?
-Sammy

marvuk

Post by marvuk » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

Will do when they're a bit more presentable ;)

magicfun

Post by magicfun » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:45 pm

could someone direct me to a MOD like this that is still supported and not abandoned? I like this MOD and want to install it on my forum, but I don't want to yet if I need support for it in the future.

Thanks.

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:12 pm

magicfun wrote: could someone direct me to a MOD like this that is still supported and not abandoned? I like this MOD and want to install it on my forum, but I don't want to yet if I need support for it in the future.

Thanks.

I'm with you. I don't know why there isn't more demand for a mod like this, as I think it is very useful. So far all the ones I've run across seem to be abandoned. Makes no sense.

You might want to check this: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=370261

Unfortunately, it too seems to have lost momentum.
-Sammy

Keldin

Post by Keldin » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:20 am

Jonemo: Thanks for a great mod. I've installed it on the dog rescue board I admin. Now we can see who is the closest person able to deal with homechecks, fostering, emergency pound trips etc.
With that use in mind I'm going to be greedy and give you my wish list for extra features:
A way to have different colour icons depending on the group you are in (eg fosterers- red, homecheckers - green etc)
A way to put specific places up on the map not just users
Have the name balloon popup when the mouse moves over it rather than clicking
Put more info in the popup baloon not just the link to the username - maybe a text box the user can add to in the profile
Choose where to start the map when a person goe to put in their location.

Can anyone else help with this? Even if I have to hardcode it rather than making it admin or user modifiable.

Marvuk: Any chance of seeing what you've done to it?

Great mod - thanks again

K

jwall

Post by jwall » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:26 am

anyone willing to pick up the development of this mod if it has been abandoned?

aestrada

Has any work been done on this?

Post by aestrada » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:53 pm

Has anything been done to this? Added to it or anything?

Dierk

Post by Dierk » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:39 pm

Is it abandoned? 8O
I´ve tried to install it with Easymod, but runining always into a lot of critical errors.

marvuk

Post by marvuk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:20 pm

This mod uses version 1 of the API, which will be shut down "in the first week of November" according to Google.

I have updated my altered version of this mod to use version 2 of the API and I would consider updating the 'standard' mod, however I can't start this for a couple of weeks yet.

Is there any interest in keeping this mod alive?

Dierk

Post by Dierk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:43 pm

Yes, I love this mod.

But I´ve found a modificaded version of your mod. It is the extensions for Google Earth API2. This works also well with phpbb 2.0.21
Just have a look to it.
http://happydoener.is-a-geek.net/atlas-mod/

Maybe you can make a official version 0.2.2?

Here´s a link to a modified Atlas mod map.
http://www.cczwei-forum.de/atlas.php?mo ... b7cdbcc5b6

The only thing what I´m missing, is the avatar, www-address and PM-Button in the user´s info window on clicking to marker.
http://www.google.com/apis/maps/

Maybe a customizing of user´s marker, would be nice, too.

marvuk

Post by marvuk » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:24 pm

It's not my mod, I was simply offering to update it as a service to people who already use it.

As it's already been updated, I won't do it again and I'll keep playing with my version :)

Dierk

Post by Dierk » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:51 pm

Ok, I´ve worked out a modified version to happdoener´s modification of the mod :D
Now it is possible to show user´s avatar in the infowindow, the latest API V2 is used instead of using any old version (~V2.4x was used before). Doubleclick zooming enabled, faster loading and a overview window in the lower right corner now is show.
Just install the original Atlas MOD and overwrite it with the inofficial Atlas MOD V0.2.3. If you have installed HappyDoener´s version, you can overwrite it also with this version....... Enjoy 8)
http://www.csslabs.de/imgpool/atlas/AtlasModv0.2.3.zip

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”