[ALPHA] phpBB/Mantis Integration 0.9.0 - Bugtracker

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Blue Ninja

Post by Blue Ninja » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:20 pm

Alright, I'm in... Looks pretty great so far! Seems to integrate nicely.

I'm planning to use it to integrate into the support forums at my site, and one of the things I'm hoping to achieve is tight integration into the forums themselves, but before I get any solid ideas on that, I'll have to look around and play with it.

Essentially, I'd like some connection between a topic thread or category and the tracker, such that they don't appear so much as totally unrelated things to the average user reporting a problem or needing help. I don't want to make users re-enter something from a forum into the tracker, or post a question in the forum that's already answered in the tracker.

So, one thing I'd thought of was somehow linking a category or topic to a project in the tracker, and allowing the phpBB Search feature to optionally include the tracker linked to the category being searched, and things like that.

But as I said, I'll have to play around and see how it's all working at the moment, then go from there!

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:27 pm

Blue,

Do not worry I will be doing that as well..so as I get further into the work that will get coded.

In reality once I crack the rest of the session stuff it is about 80% done. There are a few DBAL issues...but nothing with time I can not fix. I know it is annoying when people show cool stuff and do not give the code..so bear with me. In the end I will make a subversion repo so you will be able to stay current with the code simply.

Blue Ninja

Post by Blue Ninja » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:32 pm

Me? Worry? Never!

Don't worry about the code thing just yet - I know it's pointless to show not-yet-ready code that's going to be changing hourly anyway at this stage. when it's ready, I'll install it, play around, and help out any way I can with finding issues, or suggesting/implementing additional capabilities. Take your time, but hurry up ;-)

cussuol

Post by cussuol » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:17 pm

I'm here too. Maybe it can be usefull even without the gest access.

Your links are broken.
I will try again later.

Blue Ninja

Post by Blue Ninja » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:34 pm

cussuol wrote: I'm here too. Maybe it can be usefull even without the gest access.

Eventually, tying the phpBB and Mantis admin options of allowing guests together will probably be the way to go, I guess.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:26 pm

It is just Mantis has this idea of a authenticated user. You can be logged in but logged in as Anoymous. If you get my drift. So I have to make some of the logic a bit different.

Oh and fixed a bug to do with assigning that was making life very difficult for me. With that bug fixed it is actually getting pretty usable now. Add/updating/resolvings bugs is working pretty much 100%.

I will try knock up an installer over the weekend and but a zip together for you to play with next week. Have to say it is looking pretty cool..I am starting to use it in anger now and so far not having too much hassle. It certainly is usable.

Blue Ninja

Post by Blue Ninja » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:30 pm

That's great news! I have so many projects I'm in the middle of now, I'll be happy to get that going to help me out!

Initially, I don't need a user-friendly installer, though eventually that would be good to have for the general user base. I've got no problem running SQL queries, editing files, or whatever. The way I see it, if I can't figure it out with fairly basic instructions, then I'm not worthy of using it anyway ;-)

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:34 pm

It will just be a PHP script to execute the table creates and the new fields for the phpbb user table.

I had sort of put it on the back burner till this week...wish I had not. I am finding it useful already. I will create a project on my site to track bugs in it...eat your own dog food as they say :twisted: :twisted:

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:25 pm

I have a feeling this is going to be popular!!

Just solved another large load of bugs and think I nearly have the guest/anyoymous issue sorted.

All credit to the Mantis team..they really have built a great tool...all I am doing is getting it to run well within the phpBB and the DBAL.

It is defo getting to a very usable stage now...all the bugs that had stopped me using this day to day are pretty much solved. I am sure there are plenty more left to fix...but it should actually be very usable straight away. I am excited by this!! Sad but true.

cussuol

Post by cussuol » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:10 pm

Blue Ninja wrote: Initially, I don't need a user-friendly installer, though eventually that would be good to have for the general user base. I've got no problem running SQL queries, editing files, or whatever. The way I see it, if I can't figure it out with fairly basic instructions, then I'm not worthy of using it anyway ;-)

I can say the same.
I have no problem to create the tables and/or merge the changes to the phpbb or mantis source code.

Blue Ninja

Post by Blue Ninja » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:34 am

poyntesm wrote: I have a feeling this is going to be popular!!

I am excited by this!!

Me too :-)

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:13 pm

All,

Right think the whole Anonymous/Guest issue is now resovled. Have a look and play round with the pages off the link below

http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/main_page.php

You no longer need to signup to view it all working..however if you do signup and login you will notice the different menu bar you get.

I have been talking today to one of the Mantis developers...he is going to blog this work.

St.Patricks day here tomorrow so must likely going to be Monday before the code is bundled...

If playing around you do spot problems...you can signup and raise a bug. I have setup a project in mantis for this work..so we can use it to track the bugs we have!!

So things are moving nicely now..

Blue Ninja

Post by Blue Ninja » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:16 pm

poyntesm wrote: I have been taking today to one of the Mantis developers...he is going to blog this work.

That's some good press! Very impressive...
poyntesm wrote: St.Patricks day here tomorrow so must likely going to be Monday before the code is bundled...

I was thinking, "St. Patricks Day? Who gets THAT off from work?" - then I saw you were from Ireland. "Ahh, THAT'S who." Haha ;-)

Excellent work so far, keep it up, and enjoy the holiday!

cussuol

Post by cussuol » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:42 pm

Very good. It's the first time I saw it.

I walked around it as a guest, and as a logged member, the login integrations works perfectly.

I set my language as Portuguese - Brazil and saw this error.

Code: Select all

Warning: lang_load(/home/poyntone/public_html/forums/language/strings_portuguese_brazil.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/poyntone/public_html/forums/core/lang_api.php on line 37
Then I could not navigate anymore as I could not reset my language. I went to phpbb profile and my language is english there, tried to change to anything else and then back to english (just to see if the mantis profile would be rewritten). not solved.

Blue Ninja

Post by Blue Ninja » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:51 pm

One thing at a time. I guess "language selection integration" will have to be added to the "to-do" list, but getting some of the core functionality out of the way probably needs to be finished up first. Better to be fully functional in one language, than to not work in many languages! :-)

I guess I'll add it to the tracker for you, since I didn't change my language yet. Thanks for the warning, checking to see if that would work is just the kind of thing I would have done!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”