[BETA] Post Control / Approval MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
sbourdon

[BETA] Post Control / Approval MOD

Post by sbourdon » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:11 am

MOD Title: Post Control
MOD Description: You can mark forums for validation in the Administration Control panel (in forum management). By default, when posting in these forums posts have to be approved by a moderator or administrator before they are made public.
MOD Version: BETA 0.2.6 (Updated July 25th, 2006)
MOD Download: Post Control 0.2.6

Please note that the files are hosted on SaveFile.com, a free hosting service. Servers may be down from time to time. When that's the case, just try again later.

Known bugs: None
Please note that any MOD displaying Forums/Posts on any new pages (like SubForums) will of course not be compatible with Post Control; you will have to adapt it yourself.

Easy MOD Compliant: No

---

There seem to be a great demand for an Approval MOD. Unfortunately, the only one I knew about as been abandonned for a long time: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=76852

I've found a great alternative, called Post Control. It's in french, has been tested on phpBB 2.0.17 and is fully functionnal! I could translate the language file if there is interest for this kind of MOD around here... (EDIT: done!)

I don't know much about php, but if someone's willing to correct my translation (I'm french, too!), it would be my pleasure to offer this great MOD to the phpBB community. I just hope that the php experts around here will be able to help if we ever need to correct bugs! ;)

Just to give you a glimpse at what this MOD does, here's the beginning of the installation file (sorry if the translation isn't perfect! Just tell me what's wrong and I'll correct it!):
  • 1. CHOOSE FORUMS/TOPICS WHERE POSTS MUST BE VALIDATED/APPROVED
    - You can mark forums for validation in the Administration Control panel (in forum management). By default, when posting in these forums posts have to be approved by a moderator or administrator before they are made public. (Already existing topics in these forums can still be posted in as normal, but can be marked for validation one by one.)
    - When moderators and administrators create new topics within non-marked forums, they can choose if replies have to be approved or not.
    - Administrators and moderators can activate/deactivate validation within any topic at any time - in both marked and non-marked forums.
    - In the Administration Control panel (in Configuration), it is possible to specidy if Post Control applies to regular users in addition to the Anonymous users.
    - Also in the Configuration section of the Administration Control panel, you may decide if Post Control applies to edited posts as well.

2. POSTS AWAITING VALIDATION ARE HIDDEN UNTIL APPROVED
    - On the viewforum page (where topics are listed ), titles of posts awaiting validation are hidden to everyone except: administrators, moderators and the author of the topic.
    - On the viewtopic page (where you read the posts), titles, messages, avatars and signatures of posts awaiting validation are hidden, except to administrators, moderators and the author of the topic.
    - Posts awaiting validation will not appear in topic reviews or within search results.
    - Posts made by administrators and moderators are always posted as normal and are never hidden.

3. APPROVE OR DISSAPROVE POSTS AWAITING VALIDATION
    - To approve or disapprove single posts awaiting validation, moderators and administrators simply click an icon within the post (a moderator cannot disapprove a post made by an administrator).
    - Posts awaiting validation within a topic can all be approved or disapproved at once by simply clicking the icon at the bottom of the topic's page (or by using a check box when posting a message).

MISC
    - A post awaiting validation cannot be quoted.
    - A link in the menu at the top gives moderators and administrators access to a list of posts currently awaiting validation.
    - This list will only show posts that can be validated by the person looking at it. In other words, administrators can see all messages, but a moderator can only see messages in forums where he/she is a moderator.

So if you're insterested in this translation or if you'd like to help in improving this MOD, just let us know! :)

P.S.: I'm no php guru so do not PM me for help!
Last edited by sbourdon on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:15 pm, edited 13 times in total.

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:37 am

Can you change this Per forum, so you could have a "News Forum", where posts need to be approved?

sbourdon

Post by sbourdon » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:50 am

Yes, you can:

Code: Select all

- In the edition/creation page of the forums, in the control panel, it is possible to choose if a forum will be moderated by default or not.
;)

csrx

Nice

Post by csrx » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:37 pm

This is exactly what i'm looking for. Have you translated the language files? Can you make all the files available for us to download? The link in your original post is not working. Thanks!

sbourdon

Post by sbourdon » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:11 pm

We are working on a major update for this MOD. I'll make it available for download as soon as it is ready!

The final version will include the english language file! ;-)

Until then, could you correct the translation at the beginning of this post?

Thanks!

sobewebmaster

Post by sobewebmaster » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:25 pm

I have the approve MOD installed on http://www.technominal.com forums, and I love it :) Works like a charm! I just wonder why they abandoned it <_<

ari-it

Post by ari-it » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:35 pm

This MOD is exactly what we need. It's very interesting.
Many thanks for working on it!

minorgod

Post by minorgod » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 pm

Where do I get a copy of the beta code? I will squash any bugs that stand in my way of using this mod!

sbourdon

Post by sbourdon » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:28 pm

csrx wrote: The link in your original post is not working.

minorgod wrote: Where do I get a copy of the beta code? I will squash any bugs that stand in my way of using this mod!

Unfortunately, phpbbfrance.org has been down for almost a week now, as you can read here (of course, it's in french!): http://forums.phpbb-fr.com/viewtopic_95360.html

Rest assured that as soon as the server is back online, I will fix the link in the first post so that you can download a copy of Post Control!

By the way, a major update is on its way, so just wait a little longer and you'll appreciate even more this great MOD! ;-)

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

fahraeus

Post by fahraeus » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:22 am

This is just awsome, any news on this?

sbourdon

Post by sbourdon » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:25 pm

fahraeus wrote: This is just awsome, any news on this?

Not yet! :-(
The phpbbfrance.org website is still down and the only way I can communicate with the author of this MOD is by PM...

Patience, then!

P.S.: But really, untill then, could someone double-check my translation at the top of this post and tell me if there's any mistake? Someone, please! :oops:

fahraeus

Post by fahraeus » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:22 pm

Suggestion:
1. CHOSE FORUMS/TOPICS WHERE POSTS MUST BE VALIDATED/APPROVED

- You can mark forums for validation in the Administration Control panel (in forum management). By default, when posting in these forums posts have to be approved by a moderator or administrator before they are made public. (Already existing topics in these forums can still be posted in as normal, but can be marked for validation one by one.)

- When moderators and administrators create new topics within non-marked forums, they can chose if replies have to be approved or not.

- Administrators and moderators can activate/deactivate validation within any topic at any time - in both marked and non-marked forums.

- On the viewforum page (where topics are listed ), titles of posts awaiting validation are hidden to everyone except: administrators, moderators and the author of the topic.

- On the viewtopic page (where you read the posts), titles, messages, avatars and signatures of posts awaiting validation are hidden, except to administrators, moderators and the author of the topic.

- Posts awaiting validation will not appear in topic reviews or within search results.

- Posts made by administrators and moderators are always posted as normal and are never hidden.

-To approve or disapprove single posts awaiting validation, moderators and administrators simply click an icon within the post (a moderator cannot disapprove a post made by an administrator).

- Posts awaiting validation within a topic can all be approved or disapproved at once by simply clicking the icon at the bottom of the topic's page (or by using a check box when posting a message).

MISC

- Non-approved messages cannot be quoted.

- A link in the menu at the top gives moderators and administrators access to a list of posts currently awaiting validation.

- This list will only show posts that can be validated by the person looking at it. In other words, administrators can see all messages, but a moderator can only see messages in forums where he/she is a moderator.

sbourdon

Post by sbourdon » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:31 pm

fahraeus wrote: Suggestion:
1. CHOSE FORUMS/TOPICS WHERE POSTS MUST BE VALIDATED/APPROVED

- When moderators and administrators create new topics within non-marked forums, they can chose if replies have to be approved or not.

-To approve or disapprove single posts awaiting validation, moderators and administrators simply click an icon within the post (a moderator cannot disapprove a post made by an administrator).

MISC

- Non-approved messages cannot be quoted.

This is brilliant! Much more logical and efficient; it will be used as is in the final readme.txt file!

Thanks!

The english language file is coming; I hope you (or someone else) will accept to doucle-check it before it appears in the MOD! :wink:

______
UPDATE

Here is the language file; please, give your feedback so I can include it in the final version of Post Control!

$lang['valid_title'] = 'Post Control';
$lang['valid_not_auth'] = 'You are not authorized to perform that action !';
$lang['valid_already'] = 'This post has already been validated !';
$lang['invalid_already'] = 'This post has already been invalidated !';
$lang['valid_success'] = 'This post has been validated.';
$lang['invalid_success'] = 'This post has been invalidated.';
$lang['valid_waiting'] = 'This post is awaiting validation';
$lang['valid_action'] = 'Validate this post';
$lang['invalid_action'] = 'Invalidate this post';
$lang['valid_all_failure'] = 'But automatic posts validation has failed !<br />';
$lang['valid_all_success'] = 'Also, all posts within this topic have been approved.<br />';
$lang['valid_needed'] = '<br />But Posts Validation have been activated; therefore, your message has to be approved by the webmaster or a moderator before appearing online.<br />';
$lang['valid_all_action'] = 'Validate all posts awaiting validation in this topic';
$lang['valid_free'] = 'Deactivate Post Control in this topic';
$lang['valid_all_modcp_failure'] = 'Could not approve all posts awaiting validation in this topic.';
$lang['valid_all_modcp_success'] = 'All posts awaiting validation in this topic have been approved.';
$lang['invalid'] = 'Not validated';
$lang['valid_twaiting'] = 'This topic is awaiting validation';
$lang['valid_forum'] = 'Activate Post Control in this forum';
$lang['watch'] = 'Activate Post Control in this topic';
$lang['unwatch'] = 'Deactivate Post Control in this topic';
$lang['watch_on'] = 'Post Control have been activated in this topic';
$lang['watch_off'] = 'Post Control have been deactivated in this topic';
$lang['controled'] = 'Moderated';
$lang['non-controled'] = 'Not Moderated';
$lang['invalid_not_auth'] = 'A moderator cannot invalidate an administrator's post.';
$lang['waitings'] = ' Message(s) awaiting validation';
$lang['no_waitings'] = 'No messages awaiting validation in forums in which you are a moderator.';
$lang['list_title'] = 'List of non-validated message(s)';
$lang['go_to_post'] = 'Message';
$lang['list_access_not_auth'] = 'You are not authorized to access this page.';
$lang['quote_no_valid'] = 'You cannot quote a post awaiting validation.';
Thanks! :D

fahraeus

Post by fahraeus » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:00 am

Work in progress...

$lang['valid_title'] = 'Post Control'; 
$lang['valid_not_auth'] = 'You are not authorized to perform this action'; 
$lang['valid_already'] = 'This post has already been approved'; 
$lang['invalid_already'] = 'This post has already been disapproved'; 
$lang['valid_success'] = 'The post has been approved'; 
$lang['invalid_success'] = 'The post has been disapproved.'; 
$lang['valid_waiting'] = 'This post is awaiting validation'; 
$lang['valid_action'] = 'Approve this post'; 
$lang['invalid_action'] = 'Disapprove this post'; 
$lang['valid_all_failure'] = 'But automatic posts validation has failed<br />'; 
$lang['valid_all_success'] = 'Also, all posts within this topic have been approved.<br />'; 
$lang['valid_needed'] = '<br />Please observe that your message has to be approved before appearing online.<br />'; 
$lang['valid_all_action'] = 'Approve all posts awaiting validation in this topic'; 
$lang['valid_free'] = 'Deactivate Post Control in this topic'; 
$lang['valid_all_modcp_failure'] = 'Failiure - Could not approve all posts awaiting validation in this topic.'; 
$lang['valid_all_modcp_success'] = 'All posts awaiting validation in this topic have been approved.'; 
$lang['invalid'] = 'Not validated'; 
$lang['valid_twaiting'] = 'This topic is awaiting validation'; 
$lang['valid_forum'] = 'Activate Post Control in this forum'; 
$lang['watch'] = 'Activate Post Control in this topic'; 
$lang['unwatch'] = 'Deactivate Post Control in this topic'; 
$lang['watch_on'] = 'Post Control is now activated in this topic'; 
$lang['watch_off'] = 'Post Control is now deactivated in this topic'; 
$lang['controled'] = 'Validation acitvated'; 
$lang['non-controled'] = 'Validation not activated'; 
$lang['invalid_not_auth'] = 'A moderator cannot disapprove a post made by an administrator.'; 
$lang['waitings'] = ' Post(s) awaiting validation'; 
$lang['no_waitings'] = 'No posts are awaiting validation in forums which you moderate.'; 
$lang['list_title'] = 'List of non-validated post(s)'; 
$lang['go_to_post'] = 'Message'; 
$lang['list_access_not_auth'] = 'You are not authorized to access this page.'; 
$lang['quote_no_valid'] = 'A post awaiting validation cannot be quoted.';

fahraeus

Post by fahraeus » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:47 am

When is this called?

$lang['valid_all_failure'] = 'But automatic posts validation has failed<br />';

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”