[RC1] The wGEric Store MOD vRC1 (15 November 2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
campod

Post by campod »

dvdd127 wrote: I am using the Cash MOD: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=94055
and this Store MOD.

I also have this Approval MOD: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=444466 installed on my site
as well as the Attachments MOD

I need to know how to make it so that users are forced to give cash when downloading an attachment...I also to know how to make it so that users will not get points for their post until it is approved.

anyone have any ideas for me?? thank you in advance.

Yes, me to. Anyone knows how to do this?

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Create an object and attach it to the file to be downloaded.

dvdd127

Post by dvdd127 »

campod wrote:
dvdd127 wrote:I am using the Cash MOD: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=94055
and this Store MOD.

I also have this Approval MOD: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=444466 installed on my site

I need to know how to make it so that users are forced to give cash when downloading an attachment...I also to know how to make it so that users will not get points for their post until it is approved.

Yes, me to. Anyone knows how to do this?
I am actually doing this for him.. LOL
/DD

campod

Post by campod »

Yepp, you're getting paid and I get to bump the thread :D

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Why are you bumping the thread? Your question has been answered.

dvdd127

Post by dvdd127 »

Brf wrote: Why are you bumping the thread? Your question has been answered.
no it has not. there is a second part to the question

what about making it so that points are not rewarded till the post has been approved

original post:
dvdd127 wrote: I am using the Cash MOD: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=94055
and this Store MOD.

/DD

Prizem

Post by Prizem »

Both questions seem completely unrelated to the Store mod. Questions about attachments should be directed to the Attachments mod topic, while making a function to not grant cash until a post is approved should be directed to the Cash mod topic.

dvdd127

Post by dvdd127 »

Prizem wrote: Both questions seem completely unrelated to the Store mod. Questions about attachments should be directed to the Attachments mod topic, while making a function to not grant cash until a post is approved should be directed to the Cash mod topic.
actually.. you are wrong....
the Attachments question belongs here because i was told to install this MOD in order to do that.. but thanks for your help
/DD

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

He was asking how to charge cash for downloading, and I told him to make an item that downloads the file.

If he is planning on allowing regular users to upload those files, then that will not work.

Prizem

Post by Prizem »

I need to know how to make it so that users are forced to give cash when downloading an attachment

Being that he mentions that he has the Attachment mod, and that the sole purpose of the Attachment mod is, as far as I know, to download attachments, that's how I took it. I've never heard anyone call downloading things in the store mod "attachments."

Since, you know, users already have to pay to download "attachments" (downloads) in the Store Mod...
Last edited by Prizem on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dvdd127

Post by dvdd127 »

Brf wrote: He was asking how to charge cash for downloading, and I told him to make an item that downloads the file.

If he is planning on allowing regular users to upload those files, then that will not work.
yes.. i will be allowing regular users to upload files. what should we do??
/DD

Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

Regular users can't upload files via Store MOD. You're going to need to use the attachment MOD for that, just as the others have been saying. If you do use the Attachment MOD and want users to have to pay to download via that, you are going to have to ask in the Attachment MOD's thread.

If you're using some other upload system, then we can't help you without knowing what system you're using.

If you're wanting us to walk you through exactly how to modify attachment mod and make downloadable items and such that will work specifically for your site, then you should put in an item request over on our support forums. We don't support making individual items here. This thread is for the actual development of the Store MOD, not for helping you figure out how to make other changes/additions or integrate with other MODs on your forum.
[Alpha] Store MOD (phpBB3)
- Support site forthcoming -
--------------------------------------
[RC1] wGEric Store MOD (phpBB2)
Additional Usable Items and Store MOD Support Forums (separate site)

dvdd127

Post by dvdd127 »

Rizzn. wrote: Regular users can't upload files via Store MOD. You're going to need to use the attachment MOD for that, just as the others have been saying. If you do use the Attachment MOD and want users to have to pay to download via that, you are going to have to ask in the Attachment MOD's thread.

If you're using some other upload system, then we can't help you without knowing what system you're using.

If you're wanting us to walk you through exactly how to modify attachment mod and make downloadable items and such that will work specifically for your site, then you should put in an item request over on our support forums. We don't support making individual items here. This thread is for the actual development of the Store MOD, not for helping you figure out how to make other changes/additions or integrate with other MODs on your forum.
ok i miss understood then sorry for being such a nuisance.. and thanks for your help
/DD

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

I have answered your query in the Attach Mod thread.

dvdd127

Post by dvdd127 »

dvdd127 wrote:
Brf wrote:How about trying this?

Set your Attach mod to upload into the store_download folder.
Set your download permissions to Admin on all forums.
Then, you can allow users to upload files that nobody can download.

Then, in wGEric store, create items to download each file.
i like the idea.. but what do i need to change in the code.. also, is there a way to automate the process of making the items to download each file???

and what about the thing with requiring attachments in certain boards?
the first part of my question was answered over in the attachments mod thread.... but the automation is a key feature that is needed. and I understand it has to be custom coded... but I am not a php programmer so I can not do that. Can some one please assist me and provide code thatll automate the process for me??

thanks in advance
/DD

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”