[RC1] The wGEric Store MOD vRC1 (15 November 2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
ricky92

Post by ricky92 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:41 pm

I would like to know how to set items so they can be downloaded unlimited times. Anybody knows?

Prizem

Post by Prizem » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:07 pm

Liete

Post by Liete » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:41 am

Prizem wrote: >>Liete
You will have to manually edit your overall_header.tpl based on your template changes. I'm not sure if easy mod bails or just catches errors when it sees it can't complete an instruction.

It just errors. I'll just put usergroups back for now.
Anybody got the snicket of coding for it?

Lukage

Post by Lukage » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:13 pm

Apparently when I have enough cash and enough items in the inventory to buy multiple...I can only purchase 10 items at a time.

"Unable to buy Lotto Scratch Card. Not enough cash or bad item amount."

Say I have 2500 cash and the item costs 25. I want just 20 of them, for example. I get that error.

http://www.gb2gt.com/forum/store.php

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:43 pm

Lukage wrote: I can only purchase 10 items at a time.

That is set in Store MOD Configuration: Max items can buy.

Lukage

Post by Lukage » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:42 pm

Brf wrote:
Lukage wrote:I can only purchase 10 items at a time.

That is set in Store MOD Configuration: Max items can buy.

Ahh, I overlooked it. Thanks. I wish the error was more reflective of that issue, but again, thanks.

Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:23 am

• || Download v0.2.2 ||
    || Demo Site ||
    Name: test Pass: tester

News & Reminders

18-01-2007
  • Version 0.2.2 released
  • In addition to various major bug fixes, several new features and feature changes have been included.
    Most additions have been noted on the list on page 1.
  • Check the first post for a full update.
[Alpha] Store MOD (phpBB3)
- Support site forthcoming -
--------------------------------------
[RC1] wGEric Store MOD (phpBB2)
Additional Usable Items and Store MOD Support Forums (separate site)

Cyprian.no-ip.org

good job

Post by Cyprian.no-ip.org » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:08 am

^_^. lost interest in php for a long time. but i guese this is still running. time to try again.

Rizzn.

Re: good job

Post by Rizzn. » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:37 pm

Cyprian.no-ip.org wrote: ^_^. lost interest in php for a long time. but i guese this is still running. time to try again.
Prizem and I are both still here and going strong. He's just starting up the school semester, so he's going to be a bit busy the next few days getting into the swing of things, and I've been in class a few days. Fortunately, this semester is going to be pretty easy for me, and I'll have some extra time to work on this.

We've been working on getting some of the other features on the road map finished as well, but we felt that the current release (0.2.2) had enough content and bug fixes in it to justify releasing it. We have item categories almost finished, and the auction house has a pretty good start to it. If there are any other feature requests, we'll be glad to look into adding them to the list.

ayersgarth

Compatibility issue with Invitation Mod U2U -

Post by ayersgarth » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:36 pm

(Also posted on Store Mod Site - just looking for other ideas to the problem)

Hi,

I installed the "Invitation Mod U2U" on my localhost board, and a little later, after installing Store Mod (0.2.2) I found that the administrative links to the Invitation Mod were no longer working. The result of clicking on one of those links was simply a grey screen.

I THINK I have tracked down the problem to the following change which your Mod requires

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
common.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
while ( $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) )
{
        $board_config[$row['config_name']] = $row['config_value'];
}

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_store.'.$phpEx);
When I comment out this line, (using double-back-slash), the links to the Invitation Mod work again, but the links to the Store Mod then go back the installation screen for the database updates.

I don't know if you have any suggestions here. It may be similar to an issue raised earlier with someone else who was experienceing a clash with another mod they had, due to repeated function calls or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Prizem wrote: You're exactly right, except I'm not sure why functions_store would be a problem o.o

We had this problem with our own pages a while ago until we found that it dealt with the cash mod not outputting errors on the page.

Try changing the include to include_once for that line, or if that doesn't work, if the invitation mod is at all related to the cash mod, try editing their admin pages by replacing include with include_once for their functions_cash includes.

I tried your suggestions but they didn't help. The Invitation Only Mod is not related to and doesn't use any of the Cash Mod features, so there's no "include" there that calls Cash Mod functions.

I did try removing the "include" command from functions_store and placing it into store.php and admin_store.php. THis had the following effect:

Store Mod seemed to work
Invite Only Mod seemed to work
BUT when I came to view a profile, the result was the page header, and nothing else on the screen. When I reversed the changes, the profile was back, but the Invitation Only mod was once again resulting in blank screens. It also came back with a blank screen when the link in the overall header was clicked in an attempt to send an invitation.

I can't post a copy of the functions_invite.php file here for you to look at, as it's quite long. However, there is a function on that file called insert_pm that is credited to wgEric.

Any more advice would be appreciated.

Steve

honie

Post by honie » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:12 pm

Prizem wrote: Try running this query:

UPDATE `phpbb_config` SET config_value = 'yes' WHERE config_name = 'store_installed';

I am having the same problem, if I go to any of the ostore option in the admin panel I just get -
Store MOD has yet to be installed or is a version less than 0.0.5.
Click HERE to install Store MOD. (Categories Hierarchy users)

The wGEric Store MOD 0.2.2 © 2006 Prizem & Rizzn. (2003/4 wGEric, 2005 Geoffreak) [Remove]

I ran the update php_config suggested and it did not help, and when I look at it, it is correct.

Rizzn.

Re: Compatibility issue with Invitation Mod U2U -

Post by Rizzn. » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:44 pm

ayersgarth wrote: However, there is a function on that file called insert_pm that is credited to wgEric.
That's most likely the problem, but we added code to functions_store.php to prevent that. What I would suggest trying is opening adding this in front of the insert_pm function in functions_invite.php:

if ( !function_exists('insert_pm') )
{
Then add a closing brace '}' to the end of the function. That might not make a difference, but then again, it might.

Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:48 pm

honie wrote: I am having the same problem, if I go to any of the ostore option in the admin panel I just get -
Store MOD has yet to be installed or is a version less than 0.0.5.
Click HERE to install Store MOD. (Categories Hierarchy users)

The wGEric Store MOD 0.2.2 © 2006 Prizem & Rizzn. (2003/4 wGEric, 2005 Geoffreak) [Remove]

I ran the update php_config suggested and it did not help, and when I look at it, it is correct.
Did you click "HERE" to install it? If not, that could be your problem.

If you did click "HERE" at least once, check phpbb_store_config to make sure store_version is set to 0.2.2.

Edit: Ack, sorry for the double post. I meant to add this one as an edit to the first post.

ayersgarth

Re: Compatibility issue with Invitation Mod U2U -

Post by ayersgarth » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:58 am

Rizzn. wrote:
ayersgarth wrote:However, there is a function on that file called insert_pm that is credited to wgEric.
That's most likely the problem, but we added code to functions_store.php to prevent that. What I would suggest trying is opening adding this in front of the insert_pm function in functions_invite.php:

if ( !function_exists('insert_pm') )
{
Then add a closing brace '}' to the end of the function. That might not make a difference, but then again, it might.

Well I'm impressed! I THOUGHT I'd tried that, but obviously not.

Invite Only Mod now seems to be working
Store Mod is working like a charm (it was anyway but had to say it :D )
AND I can view profiles from the memberlist, which I couldn't do the last time I tried solving this myself.

MANY MANY MANY THANKS, Rizzn! Just a bit more testing and set-up and I may go live sooner than I'd expected.

Did I mention "MANY MANY MANY THANKS?!"

honie

Post by honie » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:29 am

Rizzn. wrote:
honie wrote: I ran the update php_config suggested and it did not help, and when I look at it, it is correct.
Did you click "HERE" to install it? If not, that could be your problem.

If you did click "HERE" at least once, check phpbb_store_config to make sure store_version is set to 0.2.2.

Edit: Ack, sorry for the double post. I meant to add this one as an edit to the first post.

Yes I did, a couple of times. And the version is set to 0.2.2

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”