[RC1] The wGEric Store MOD vRC1 (15 November 2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

>>ayersgarth
hm, that should have been there already o.o did you upload the new functions_store.php file?

>>honie
Are you clicking the one not associated with category hierarchies? Are you updating from a version? Which? Have you completely edited and uploaded all files in the install or update files?

Try running the SQL commands from the demo board.
honie

Post by honie »

Prizem wrote: >>>>honie
Are you clicking the one not associated with category hierarchies? Are you updating from a version? Which? Have you completely edited and uploaded all files in the install or update files?

Try running the SQL commands from the demo board.

I am clicking the word here and not the catagories hierarchy link. Not upgrading, this is a first time install. I double checked and all changes were made and uploaded.
When I run the SQL commands from the demo board I get the duplicate entries error. I did notice that if I run it through the board again, each time I get the duplicate except for theese -
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` CHANGE `user_dl_code` `user_dl_code` TEXT DEFAULT NULL ;
+++ SQL Completed Successfully
UPDATE `phpbb_store_list` SET district_id = 1 WHERE district_id = 0
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_store_inventory` CHANGE `restock_last` `restock_last` int( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;
UPDATE `phpbb_config` SET config_value = 'yes' WHERE config_name = 'store_installed'
UPDATE `phpbb_store_config` SET config_value = '0.2.2' WHERE config_name = 'store_version'

If I run those manually using the ones in the demo board, I get the duplicate error. Tried dropping & doing it manually, didnt help. It will say its "successful" on those no matter how many times I do through the admin. Could that be part of the problem ?
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

Prizem wrote: >>ayersgarth
hm, that should have been there already o.o did you upload the new functions_store.php file?
It was, but apparently functions_store was being called before functions_invite at some points, meaning insert_pm existed already when functions_invite was called. He was adding it to functions_invite, which fixed the problem.
honie wrote: ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` CHANGE `user_dl_code` `user_dl_code` TEXT DEFAULT NULL ;
UPDATE `phpbb_store_list` SET district_id = 1 WHERE district_id = 0
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_store_inventory` CHANGE `restock_last` `restock_last` int( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;
UPDATE `phpbb_config` SET config_value = 'yes' WHERE config_name = 'store_installed'
UPDATE `phpbb_store_config` SET config_value = '0.2.2' WHERE config_name = 'store_version'

If I run those manually using the ones in the demo board, I get the duplicate error. Tried dropping & doing it manually, didnt help. It will say its "successful" on those no matter how many times I do through the admin. Could that be part of the problem ?
No, those should show as successful each time, because those can be run multiple times. The only ones that would show 'failed' are the ones that create tables.
[Alpha] Store MOD (phpBB3)
- Support site forthcoming -
--------------------------------------
[RC1] wGEric Store MOD (phpBB2)
Additional Usable Items and Store MOD Support Forums (separate site)
honie

Post by honie »

Thank you. Is there anything else I can try or is there maybe a version of the admin without the installer ?
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

Stores shouldn't be viewable by guests.
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Why not?

They can't purchase anything when in there anyway.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

iyeru42 wrote: Stores shouldn't be viewable by guests.
RMcGirr83 wrote: Why not?
You beat me to it.
iyeru42, why should guests be unable to view stores?
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

Rizzn. wrote:
iyeru42 wrote:Stores shouldn't be viewable by guests.
RMcGirr83 wrote: Why not?
You beat me to it.
iyeru42, why should guests be unable to view stores?

Well, I can see guests can't buy anything. But when a guest clicks on a store item a pop-up with the description is shown, this shouldn't be shown to guests. So if you want to get rid of the pop-up description for guests, that's just as good as disabling the store for guests (ADR doesn't allow guests to see any part of its modification, so eh.)
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

You can set store and district permissions if you like to only allow registered members to see them.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

iyeru42 wrote: Well, I can see guests can't buy anything. But when a guest clicks on a store item a pop-up with the description is shown, this shouldn't be shown to guests. So if you want to get rid of the pop-up description for guests, that's just as good as disabling the store for guests (ADR doesn't allow guests to see any part of its modification, so eh.)
I really don't see a reason to disallow guests from viewing stores and items, even though it can easily be done through the permissions in the ACP. I personally think that allowing guests to examine a system they may potentially be interested in and would entice them to join and stay is a better solution than having them join just to look at a system you have then never post or participate in the community.

Also, just because one MOD does something doesn't mean that another MOD has to or even should do things the same way. That would just be silly. ;)
Last edited by Rizzn. on Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
GebbethKing

Post by GebbethKing »

oh jesus...im new to this stuff...and im really confused.
you say i can use easyMod? i downloaded, but i got more php files...
can anyone help me with the easyMOD or download shopMods to my forums? anyone? cause im drowning out here....
GebbethKing

Post by GebbethKing »

oh jesus...im new to this stuff...and im really confused.
you say i can use easyMod? i downloaded, but i got more php files...
can anyone help me with the easyMOD or download shopMods to my forums? anyone? cause im drowning out here....
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

You put the Store MOD folder in the admin/mods folder, just like you do for any MOD you install with easyMOD.

The installation steps are in the first post: [BETA] The wGEric Store MOD v0.2.2
GebbethKing

Post by GebbethKing »

.....waaiiittttt....okay, so when i downloaded the easymod, all i got was a zip that had 4 folders, and something that said easymod display and easymod install. so i assume i click on install.....and i get a bunch of type
this may seem kinda stupid to u guys, but i never done it before, so im kinda slow....
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

If you need help installing easyMOD, ask in the easyMOD thread. They will be of much more help than we will. Once you get easyMOD installed, I'll be happy to help you install Store MOD if you still need help with it.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”