[RC1] The wGEric Store MOD vRC1 (15 November 2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
chery

Constant variables not installed successfully!

Post by chery »

Everything was working great until: Constant variables not installed successfully! when I tried to go to /shop.php.

Please help as I'm not sure what is going on???

i did accidentally delete the mod and then reinstalled it. However it doesn't seem to reinstall correctly as after I got the variables message I tried uninstalling it again and got errors that certain fields didn't exist.

Is there a current mysql db file that I can use to check what is there and what isn't? All of the links I've found for the sql files are extinct.

chery

Re: Constant variables not installed successfully!

Post by chery »

chery wrote:Everything was working great until: Constant variables not installed successfully! when I tried to go to /shop.php.

Please help as I'm not sure what is going on???

i did accidentally delete the mod and then reinstalled it. However it doesn't seem to reinstall correctly as after I got the variables message I tried uninstalling it again and got errors that certain fields didn't exist.

Is there a current mysql db file that I can use to check what is there and what isn't? All of the links I've found for the sql files are extinct.
I found the sql tables but it didn't help.

I've uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it several times now and I still get this error.
Can anyone tell me what file is causing the problem so I can at least install a vanilla version then add all my mod edits to it (not that I'm looking forward to that but I really want this mod). Everything else on my board is working fine I think.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

chery wrote: Constant variables
I would assume that is refering to the additions to constants.php

chery

Post by chery »

Brf wrote:
chery wrote: Constant variables
I would assume that is refering to the additions to constants.php
yes I'm going through it now.

chery

Re: [BETA] The wGEric Store MOD v0.2.3 (21 May 2007)

Post by chery »

I have even used a vanilla constants.php and then reapplied the edits for all my mods. I don't know what else to do - can someone help please?

Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape »

chery wrote:Everything was working great until: Constant variables not installed successfully! when I tried to go to /shop.php.
In this mod, the file is /store.php. You're having trouble with Zarath's SHOP mod, and are confusing the two...I'm not sure where to go for Shop mod support.

May I recommend switching to this mod?
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :

chery

Post by chery »

My apologies I was working for 32 hours straight and got completely confused - I am using this mod I just got myself completely confused.

Prizem

Post by Prizem »

Yeah, you should try fully uninstalling the shop mod and see how that goes.

TheEmperor

Post by TheEmperor »

When i try and change a users username on my forum i get the following error

Code: Select all

General Error
Admin_user_fail

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE user_id = 5' at line 3

UPDATE phpbb_users SET username = 'Valkynaz', user_email = '************@hotmail.com', user_icq = '', user_website = 'http://www.***.net/forum', user_occ = 'Writer', user_from = 'Canada', user_interests = '', user_sig = 'People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it’s true, or because they are afraid it might be true', user_viewemail = 0, user_aim = '', user_yim = '', user_msnm = '', user_attachsig = 1, user_sig_bbcode_uid = '92f6ac4768', user_allowsmile = 1, user_allowhtml = 0, user_allowavatar = 1, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notify = 0, user_allow_pm = 1, user_notify_pm = 1, user_popup_pm = 1, user_lang = 'english', user_style = 1, user_timezone = 0, user_dateformat = 'D M d, Y g:i a', user_active = 1, user_rank = 2, stores_max = WHERE user_id = 5

Line : 713
File : admin_users.php
I do not know php or sql very well so your help would be greatly apperciated

I was told in another thread to ask for help here

Prizem

Post by Prizem »

check that you installed the directions correctly for admin/admin_users.php (especially for the first direction there), as well as templates/subSilver/admin/user_edit_body.tpl

TheEmperor

Post by TheEmperor »

I actually do not use this store, i install it tested it and did not like. It has been uninstalled for about a month.

Prizem

Post by Prizem »

Well then read the instructions backwards to uninstall it. If you continue to have problems, please reread the instructions for the files I mentioned. Everything you need is there.

dragon2h

Post by dragon2h »

Three errors and I have no idea what to do

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/Chronicles/overall_header.tpl] could not find:

<td align="center" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="mainmenu">&nbsp;<a href="{U_FAQ}" class="mainmenu">

MOD script line #468 :: FAQ :: Report

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/Chronicles/profile_add_body.tpl] could not find:

<tr>
<td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_POPUP_ON_PRIVMSG}:</span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_POPUP_ON_PRIVMSG_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
<td class="row2">
<input type="radio" name="popup_pm" value="1" {POPUP_PM_YES} />
<span class="gen">{L_YES}</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;
<input type="radio" name="popup_pm" value="0" {POPUP_PM_NO} />
<span class="gen">{L_NO}</span></td>
</tr>

MOD script line #488 :: FAQ :: Report

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/Chronicles/admin/user_edit_body.tpl] could not find:

<tr>
<td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_SELECT_RANK}</span></td>
<td class="row2"><select name="user_rank">{RANK_SELECT_BOX}</select></td>
</tr>

MOD script line #562 :: FAQ :: Report

Prizem

Post by Prizem »

It's not finding those sections in your template files, since the template isn't the standard one. Manually go in and use the instructions for:
  • templates/Chronicles/overall_header.tpl
  • templates/Chronicles/profile_add_body.tpl
  • templates/Chronicles/admin/user_edit_body.tpl

dragon2h

Post by dragon2h »

I dont know HOW to though. I hardly know anything... im stupid like that

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”