[RC1] The wGEric Store MOD vRC1 (15 November 2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
alh31

Post by alh31 »

Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding the image viewing options in view topic!!!!!!!

One question tho...I set it to 3 items per line, but the first items is showing up next to User Items: ...which throws off the next line.

It looks like this:

USER ITEMS: X
XX
XXX
XXX

Is it possible to have the first line start under User Item: instead of next to it?? :D
alh31

Post by alh31 »

One more quick question. :D

Is Item Categories going to allow the user to organize their items in view topic? As it is, I believe the thread items show up in the order they were added...right?
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

The little bug with formatting in viewtopic is fixed for the next version.

Also, Item Categories was more for creating categories of items in the admin panel to make organization easier. But that would be good to have something like categories or folders under which items are stored in user inventories. Perhaps we could even have isles in store inventories.

And items show up according to item ids. Setting them just specifes which can be shown, not order by which they are shown. That might be something to add in the far future o_o we have a pretty good list of suggestions of things that can be added x_x
HB.

Post by HB. »

I don't know if this has been covered, but can this MOD allow members to purchase the right to display an avatar if avatars are disabled in the admin panel? Currently on my forum, no one can display an avatar, but I would like for them with enough points to be able to purchase the right to display one.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

It would be a fairly simple item to create.

You would just need to create a code that does something like:
SET user_allowavatar = 1
WHERE user_id = $user_id

The MOD has a template and set of instructions designed to facilitate the creation of usable items. If you havn't already downloaded the MOD and read that portion, I suggest you do so.
[Alpha] Store MOD (phpBB3)
- Support site forthcoming -
--------------------------------------
[RC1] wGEric Store MOD (phpBB2)
Additional Usable Items and Store MOD Support Forums (separate site)
HB.

Post by HB. »

thank you Rizzn. I'm planning ahead a little early. I think with your reply, I am now ready to install cash mod, then this store mod to see if I can get it to work. Thanks again.
arblaster

Post by arblaster »

Quick question.

Installed a clean copy of the store mod on a CH board, done all the file alterations by hand etc.

Come to the SQL install, it tells me its a new installation, no problem.

Click the link for CH users. SQL install initiates no problem. Everything is succesful.

However when I click config again to try and configure the mod it gives me the install notice.

Any ideas ?
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

It has to do with this line, I believe, in admin_store.php

Code: Select all

if ( $file == 'installer' && $board_config['store_installed'] )
	{
		$sql = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . "  SET config_value = 'no' WHERE config_name = 'store_installed'";
		$result = $db->sql_query($sql);
	}
I had the same situation and just manually changed the entry in the database. CH 2.1.1RC5 fwiw.
arblaster

Post by arblaster »

No doesn't work thats what I did first, however it seems to be revolving around a version issue and that is what I can't understand, as my database has the latest version as the value of the store.

I've even tried setting the version variable in the file so as to trick the script but nothing seems to work.
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

Did you make sure to upload the new files? You should replace functions_store.php with the 021 version.
arblaster

Post by arblaster »

It's a clean install and yes I did make sure that that file was there :D

Any other ideas?
alh31

Post by alh31 »

Errrr! Okay, I have tried and tried to give admin only permission to create shops in a board owned district and reg to create shops in the other. And also, reg only viewing in both. I changed the permissions, but when I go back the create options have reset to reg and the view options in both district reset to All. If I am not logged in I can see the board owned district but the reg shops district is not viewable, even tho it says it is in the admin panel. I don't want it to show...so I'm okay with that, but what the heck?!? LOL!
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

ooo, good catch!

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
store.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
case 'edit_store':

#
#
$is_auth_ary = gen_auth('district', STORE_AUTH_VIEW, $district['district_id'], $userdata);

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
$is_auth_ary = gen_auth('district', STORE_AUTH_CREATE, $district['district_id'], $userdata);

#
#
if ( $is_auth_ary['auth_view'] == 1 )

#
#
if ( $is_auth_ary['auth_create'] == 1 )

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
admin/admin_store.php

#
#
case 'edit_district':

#
#
$selected = ( $store_info[$district_auth_fields[$j]] == $district_auth_const[$k] ) ? ' selected="selected"' : '';

#
#
$selected = ( $district_info[$district_auth_fields[$j]] == $district_auth_const[$k] ) ? ' selected="selected"' : '';

#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------
#
# EoM
I'm still not sure about the problem with installing though. LegosJedi apparently is having the same problem :?

If phpbb_config_store exists and the store_version is '0.2.1', it shouldn't give problems. Check that those two things are true. Whether or not store_installed is set to 'yes' in phpbb_config shouldn't affect whether or not it going to the install screen.
Jeffler

Post by Jeffler »

I've set up a downloadable file for sale, but how does one get it after they purchase it? I'm confused.
alh31

Post by alh31 »

Thanks!! :D

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”