[RC1] The wGEric Store MOD vRC1 (15 November 2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

If a downloadable item is purchased, they can initiate the download by going to their user inventory and clicking on the Download button in the item's row. It should appear beneath the Delete button.

tiberiusrobustus

Post by tiberiusrobustus »

here's an interesting problem if someone would be willing to help to me out:

i've got the store mod all set up. in the forum admin, all the functions are working properly. however, when accessing the storefront, it says its not installed. my forum can be found at forum.tiberiusrobustus.net
My forum is here

Prizem

Post by Prizem »

Try running this query:

Code: Select all

UPDATE `phpbb_config` SET config_value = 'yes' WHERE config_name = 'store_installed';

Kenzi

Post by Kenzi »

i reinstalled the mod, deleted the DB tables and reran the SQL's. Now i can create user stores when i open up that option, but i cant create a board store. When i type in the info and hit submit i get a "cant create a store without a name" error. Obviously i am entering the name. ANy ideas? thanks in advance

Prizem

Post by Prizem »

That's odd. So you uploaded the admin template files appropriately, tried submitting a name in the admin store management page, saw that it was carried over, filled out the rest of the info, submitted and got a no-name error? It should only give that error if the field 'new_store_name' is an empty string ($new_store_name == '')

Try looking at the source and seeing whether or not 'new_store_name' has the name you entered. If it does, try:
OPEN admin/admin.php

FIND

case 'new_store':
FIND

else
{
AFTER, ADD

die($new_store_name);
and post what it says, if anything

alh31

Post by alh31 »

I have a question about user owned stores...

Once an item is sold it shows up in the store's inventory as 0. To clean up the store's inventory, the store owner used to have to check the item and select Delete. It pulled up the item, then they had to put 0 in, then select delete again.

I'm not seeing that as an option since the permissions were fixed... I am have to delete their items in the ACP. Or am I missing something???

:D

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

It appears you are correct. There is no easy way to delete the zero-quantity item from your store...

One way for a user to do it, is to move one item from their items-inventory into the store, and then back into their items-inventory.

That will delete the item from the store.

alh31

Post by alh31 »

But, if they have quality of 0...even if they try to move 0 back to their inventory they get the message:
The number of items that you wish to move to your inventory is more or less than the store has.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Brf wrote: move one item from their items-inventory into the store, and then back into their items-inventory.

Not a quantity of zero -- a quantity of one.

alh31

Post by alh31 »

But, if they have a quantity of 0 because all their items were sold, they still get the same message...because 1 is more then they have....and 0 doesn't work.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Yes. As I said twice already. To do it this way, you would have to have one of that item in your personal inventory, not the store, in your items.

Transfer that one item to your store and then back to your personal inventory.

alh31

Post by alh31 »

Right, I understand that.

But, herein lies the problem. Let's say they purchase a lunchbox from the board owned store, then they want to get rid of it by selling it in their store. Once it is sold, they don't have another lunchbox in their inventory to transfer to their store and then back to their inventory because another member already purchased it from them.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. :(

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Yes. I was agreeing with you that there is a problem.

I was offering one workaround if you have some of that item in your inventory.

zachpl

Post by zachpl »

ok i installed it with easy mod just fin then when i click anything under the store mod catagory this coms up

anyone know why?

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Did you open the store config in the Admin Control Panel?
That is what sets up your database for it.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”