[RC1] The wGEric Store MOD vRC1 (15 November 2007)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
kirinelf

Re: [BETA] The wGEric Store MOD v0.2.3 (21 May 2007)

Post by kirinelf »

So this script, does it remove the first item? You see, I am hoping to find a store/shop mod which would allow for Item Requirements, and I do not know how to program it in the Zarath Shop I have at the moment, which is version 3.0.6. Because of that, I've been looking for a mod that will allow this. Buying the first item unlocks the second item for purchase, without removing the first item. Also, the second item is viewable right from the start, not just appearing after the first item is bought. Is this at all possible using this mod? A person I know has Zarath's mod working like this, and I do not know how to implement it.
I am the Fallen Angel. Have me as your enemy and you will fall to my thousand blades. Have me as your friend and I will aid you in all I can, for I am he who commands life and death.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You can make your script do anything you like.
One-shot items, such as the Lotto Scratch Card, remove themselves upon activation.
You could simply allow the first item to unlock a shop which allows purchase of the second, without deleting itself.
kirinelf

Post by kirinelf »

Sorry for all the questions, but I just wanted to make sure this shop fits my needs.

How easy is the script to customize for someone who has no experience in coding whatsoever? The second item is in the same shop as the first item, right below the first item in some cases, but it needs the first item to be in the member's inventory, in other words, bought. This means that on accessing the shop, the member sees several items, but he can only buy the first. Upon buying the first, he can buy the second, and so on. Also, they might have other requirements, such as the user be of a certain level (I'm going to rely on another mod for this). I take it the script can handle this?

Also, based on the script, does this mean I can make usergroups for my members so that each can only access certain shops? My forum is an RPG forum, and I would like to restrict each race from being able to view the shops of other races.
I am the Fallen Angel. Have me as your enemy and you will fall to my thousand blades. Have me as your friend and I will aid you in all I can, for I am he who commands life and death.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You would need to know how to code in php, and understand how the store works, to be able to make your own items. You could also request it at the Store website and see if someone will make it for you.

If you want it easy.... give the second item a price which is much higher than could possibly be paid.

The first item's script could allow you to bypass the high price.
kirinelf

Post by kirinelf »

Hmm... Interesting. I don't know how to code in php, but I can edit well enough, I suppose. If you or another user can be kind enough to supply me with a template, I'm sure I can work something out... Otherwise, I'll just have a play around, and see what I can do.

And how about having restricted shops by usergroup? Is that possible via scripting?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

No additional scripting required for that....

You can setup a Private Store and create View/Buy permissions for it by usergroup.
kirinelf

Post by kirinelf »

Thank you for that. That alone is enough to make me get this mod over Zarath's. I guess I can play around with the scripts... Is it possible for you to make a template of item requirements for me? Actually, I think the question isn't so much possible as troublesome... Will it be too troublesome to make a template for me?

EDIT:: Also, is it possible to setup the store so that a user can only buy one of each item?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

kirinelf wrote: EDIT:: Also, is it possible to setup the store so that a user can only buy one of each item?
I dont know that. You would have to ask Rizzn or Prizm about that.

As for item templates, if your item does nothing but look pretty, it does not need a script. Your "first item" can probably be a "Join this group" item, which will unload the second item, available only in the private store. There are several examples of group-join scripts, including my TWG Ticket item which is used on my board to join our monthly Werewolf games.
kirinelf

Post by kirinelf »

Would I have to PM them? Or do I just have to wait for them to notice my questions? >_<

Anyways, this is what I'm planning for my version of the shop. I'm going to have four or five district, each invisible to all but one usergroup. No one is allowed to create shops. Each district is going to have several shops. In each shop, there is a list of items, all of which are viewable from the start, but to purchase them, they have a certain requirement, which can range from having another item in the customer's inventory, to having them reach a certain level or have certain stats. I'll get to the levels and stats when I actually have a stat mod.

The items themselves do nothing except proof that the user has the ability to do certain things in the forum. For example, having the item named 'Hadou #33: Soukatsui" allows the user to use that particular spell in the forum. They can do that anytime they join, but doing so without having the item in their inventory would be violating the rules. There will also be items named "Kidou Training: Hadou 1-40", which is required to be bought before the above item can be. Kinda like an item tree, if you get my meaning.

To be even more specific, my board is a Role-Play board, but one that is a Play-By-Post Role-play board, where the player literally writes a story of their own, rather than one like the Advanced Dungeons and Rabbits mod. The 'items' are skills that a player can buy by earning points. Having the skill allows the player to use it legally while RP'ing, and to be approved to buy the skill, they need the skills before it in the skill tree, like a build-up of sorts, or a base foundation knowledge. The only example I have thus far is the board that inspired me, BleachedRPG. This board uses Zarath's mod to have stat and item requirements, which is something I cannot figure how to do, especially since his forum's gone down and I cannot request for help there, plus his shop mod doesn't fit the phpBB2 mod template.

It sounds confusing, I know, but I would really like to get the mod working the way I'd like. At the moment, I've set up the stores themselves, with items in them. I still need to test if they're viewable by others, but my board has gone down for some reason at the moment. I'll have to check it later. This is going to be off-topic, but would you happen to know a good mod for stats that is compatible with Xore's Cash Mod? I currently have the Cash Mod as getting a certain amount of points I call EXP per character in certain forums, which level up the character. Would there happen to be a mod I can use in conjunction with this? If so, could you direct me to the appropriate forum so I wont go off-topic? If not, then I might make a request, since I've searched through the forums, and haven't found one yet.
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

kirinelf wrote:EDIT:: Also, is it possible to setup the store so that a user can only buy one of each item?
Not presently, but that can be added to the list of things to do.

For a template for creating your own usable items, visit this topic.

I actually run a site that hosts play-by-post rpgs, and have a bleach one at bleacher-net.com, so I see where you're coming from!

You can certainly create usable items that require other items to be on hand in order for a user to be able to use that item in some way. (Perhaps they could be like "packages" to open in order to obtain the item if they have the other items it needs, which would replace the package with the appropriate item.) But there isn't anything concerning requirements to buy the item like the shop mod. You could also use usergroups as a workaround if you wanted.

Hope that helps. If you have more questions, feel free to post here or PM me or Rizzn.
kirinelf

Post by kirinelf »

Thank you for your reply. It answers some of my questions... but it doesn't really fill my requirements. However, that's life, and I suppose I should be satisfied with that. *Weak smile*

Well, my items don't exactly do anything, they just sit in your inventory as a... key of sorts. What you can do with the key is exactly the same as what you can do without it, the only question is legality. Think of it as a deed to a land: With it, the land is yours, without it, the land isn't, yet either way, you can still use the land, the only question is if you get caught. I hope this metaphor is good enough... >_< Therefore, I do not need the item template for HTML. HTML is about the only coding I know, and only barely at that, such as Tables and Span codes.

If it wouldn't trouble you too much, how long will it take for you to implement the ability to buy only one item at a time?

If you run a Bleach RPG, you should be able to able to understand the consequences of a kidou-based Shinigami saving up all the money he has, before buying Hadou #90 Kurohitsugi. It would make better sense for the Shinigami to gain at the very least Hadou #31 Shakkahou first, before building on more advanced techniques. It would be... unbalanced, to say the least. However, I think I have found a solution to the problem: Buying the item sends a PM to the store owner, in this case me, and it will be at my discretion to award them with the spell of not, depending if they have the required stats. But if you could, it would be helpful to me and perhaps other Play-By-Post RPG'ers if you could include that ability in your shop. I understand that for general use, that ability is quite redundant, and therefore, it would be a waste of your time to implement it just for the sake of one user, but I hope you will consider it.

Yes, I believe that Brf has told me about a script that could do that, but I do not need that. Thanks anyways though. ^^ Usergroups affect the users already, such as only members of the Arrancar usergroup can access the Arrancar shop, and only Vizards can access the Vizard shop.
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

I am not sure I follow your metaphor, but the template I gave is not an HTML template, it's a php one, which you can use yourself to fulfill the creation of the requirements feature you are looking for.

I will not take long to implement a buy only one of an item feature. The question is when the version containing that feature will be released (RC1). I do not have a target date right now, but end of November at the latest.

I'll pm concerning the rest of this.
sixers33

Post by sixers33 »

I have added this store mod, however now people can't register to my forum.

It says DEBUG ERROR

has a load of database coding nonsense

it is to do with a user profile register file on line 608.

Any ideas to help?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

sixers33 wrote: has a load of database coding nonsense
Maybe nonsense to you, but not to us. Post the error.
sixers33

Post by sixers33 »

Could not insert data into users table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey) VALUES (15, 'fdgfdgdfgd', 1194145060, 'ae2b1fca515949e5d54fb22b8ed95575', 'sdsad@dsfd.com', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 'english', 2, 0, 1, 1, '')

Line : 648
File : usercp_register.php

There it is.

Any ideas?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”