[BETA] MySpace profile button

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Shanana

Post by Shanana »

Works perfect for me. Good job.
realix

Post by realix »

i was wondering if you could do one of these with friendster.
christiansongwriter

Post by christiansongwriter »

After using this for several days, I'm noticing that most people go ahead and include the www.myspace.com when they fill in their profile (then I have to fix it). Where would I add text to show that this part of the profile is already entered for them when they register or edit their profile?

In other words, I think the form they fill out should have something like
"myspace profile: www.myspace.com/ "

Thanks!
James
defender39

Post by defender39 »

I notice this too. I plan to add str_replace in the next version to make sure that either way it works. I also want to make this easy mod compatible.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

christiansongwriter wrote: After using this for several days, I'm noticing that most people go ahead and include the www.myspace.com when they fill in their profile (then I have to fix it). Where would I add text to show that this part of the profile is already entered for them when they register or edit their profile?

In other words, I think the form they fill out should have something like
"myspace profile: www.myspace.com/ "

Thanks!
James

For a temporary fix You could go in to your profile_add_body.tpl

find
<input type="text" class="post"style="width: 150px" name="myspace" size="20" maxlength="255" value="{MYSPACE}" />

and before add
<span class="gensmall">http://myspace.com/

christiansongwriter

Thanks - that should help!

Regards,
James
realix

Post by realix »

possible to do one for friendster?
MisfitMom

Post by MisfitMom »

Im not getting the link underneath post :(... I noticed the file came bundled with two buttons...was I supposed to upload the button twice??? dunno...It works perfect other than that, and its prolly my error ;)
Can you edit script while bouncing a baby on your knee, who's main goal is to constantly pound the keyboard? Apparently neither can I! :lol:

Installed Mods

*User List *User Word Count <--FUN *MySpace link in profile *Welcome panel on header (trouble shooting) *Smartors Photo Album (hotlinking enabled through php file change to jpg, personal albums only, still working on the public). *Extream Styles
*Forced word wrap..awesome *Post Image
*Search results in ACP <---- Love it! *User CUSTOM color font (needs trouble shooting)
*installed styles subsilver and getaway purple (author-freestlexl)
*smiley Invasion
All mods installed on both templates :)
MisfitMom

Post by MisfitMom »

I take that back! I installed the button twice...to both of my templates :(
Can you edit script while bouncing a baby on your knee, who's main goal is to constantly pound the keyboard? Apparently neither can I! :lol:

Installed Mods

*User List *User Word Count <--FUN *MySpace link in profile *Welcome panel on header (trouble shooting) *Smartors Photo Album (hotlinking enabled through php file change to jpg, personal albums only, still working on the public). *Extream Styles
*Search results in ACP <---- Love it! *User CUSTOM color font (needs trouble shooting)
*smiley Invasion
M.O.B.

Post by M.O.B. »

I installed it and got this error on the left hand side of my ACP: I had to uninstall it, to get back my ACP's menu.

Code: Select all

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/virtual/site32/fst/var/www/html/phpbb/admin/admin_users.php on line 280
I used EasyMOD to installed it. I have a history of installing MODs on my boards, so I am sure I followed the directions to a "T".
MisfitMom

Post by MisfitMom »

I hardlly know what Im talking about, as I just installed my first MOD two weeks ago ;) but the last time I got that kind of message I opened the error file and fished agound...in your case line 280 and right away I was able to tell that I had added something after this ) instead of before

in line before )

To bad you uninstaled everything already :lol:

Installed Mods

*smiley Invasion
MisfitMom

Post by MisfitMom »

BTW, I dont use easy MOD.... I install everyting manually :)

Installed Mods

*smiley Invasion
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

Nice mod, installed easily and keeps my members from putting in huge url's that disrupt my viewprofile template.
christiansongwriter

Hi again,

I tried editing the included button (.png), and my GIMP says the file has only one layer. Do you have a version with separate layers, to make editing easier?

Thanks so much,
James
Malaise

Post by Malaise »

excellent mod. installed with no problems.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”