[BETA] FFXI Characters Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zero Serenity

Post by Zero Serenity »

I took over the project and am rewriting a lot of the code. I'll put a beta up when I'm happy with it's functionality. If you want, go here to see it in action.

-Zero
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

sry i switch to a new server, the files are back up for you to download. i am interested in the release because i just started playing again :D lol
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here
faithndragon

Post by faithndragon »

Hey zero, I am interested in this mod, but it was originally written for 2.0 and I am using 3.0Beta. Do you think you will be working a version for the 3.0?
Zero Serenity

Post by Zero Serenity »

I'm not going to write it for the beta untill it's listed as a full version.

-Zero
Shiya

Re: [BETA] FFXI Characters Mod

Post by Shiya »

I am currently recoding Jadestone's FFXI Character Mod. I am adding many features to it that my linkshell will definitely utilize and I think others would benefit from it as well. I'm adding ZMs, CoPs, ToAUs, fixing a couple bugs, and adding some more "eye candy" to it.

You can find out about that here: ;)

http://www.downffxi.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=47

I have also begun work on Jadestone's FFXI Map mod to update it to include the ToAU (Treasures of Aht Urghan) Expansion maps. My "final goal" of the project will be to have all the maps on http://www.FFXI-Atlas.com included into the mod.

You can monitor my progress here: ;)

http://www.downffxi.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=114#114

For both mods I am making them for phpBB 2.0.22
If/when phpbb3 becomes final release I MAY update it... or (knowing me) I may still be adding more features to this version as I think of them and get good suggestions.

p.s. Zero (or Jadestone if you decide to resume work on either mod) You can leave me a PM on my website if you wish to work together on either mod. I'm sure we could possibly speed up each other's progress. If not, I'm fine with that too.
Zero Serenity

Post by Zero Serenity »

By the way, I haven't abandoned the project, just been sidetracked a bit. If you want to see the latest version of the mod (that I've made) it's here. Also, this site has a slightly older version deployed, but it is used on a much larger scale.

I've been extensively working on implementing the rank system for all other nations. It's been a code headache, but it's making it's way there.

At the moment, I'm looking heavily into less direct modifications to the raw PHPBB code and more into inclusion files, because this is a bit of a headache to work with when it comes to installation.

What has been done sofar is a massive performance upgrade by crisper code, a language file update (all job abreviations are in all caps, this was fixed) and the ability to have a craft level of zero. Got plenty to do, get back in a week or so with how it's going.

-Zero
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

since you guys are working on my old mod you might want to update the link to point to mpsmod.com now instead of my old site... just a lil fyi. I like the new features you added and i`m sure it was a headache recoding a lot of it. That was my first mod and i know there were multiple problems with the code... Hope to get a new version of this soon... if you don't mind.

Doc Who

Post by Doc Who »

I realize this may be a dead thread, but any of the current or former authors of this MOD have anything going for phpBB3?
Zero Serenity

Post by Zero Serenity »

I am. But it's difficult to say how it's going. I'm still learning how to mod 3 and try to use components from 2.

-Zero
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

does anyone have a copy of this anymore? my host dropped the ball and i lost my backups...
i tried to pm Zero Serenity but the files were never sent.

i really need these files again. I may be rewriting this if that is the case. my linkshell needs the character system.

Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

Well, since no one is responding and no one sent me any files, i will be taking control of this MOD again. I have already started to Code this(phpbb2 only) no clue as of yet for a release date.

more info later. this never was a highly seeked MOD but ill get it up again just for fun

Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

well, i just released the new characters system. it has much more than the original.
I don't have a demo site out really but to see it you can go to http://thebladepact.com, please don't register on the site, if you need support please do it here

Doc Who

Post by Doc Who »

That looks hot, now If only it came in phpBB 3 flavor. :lol:
winde

Post by winde »

Yea this would be nice for phpbb3 I am currently using custom profile fields for this, but I still haven't managed to break up the fields cosmetically. I like how this looks on phpbb2 though as I'm using it on another forum I'm a part of!
Zero Serenity

Post by Zero Serenity »

In a shameless bump, a PHPBB3 variant is in the works by me. It's almost to the point of completion with just a couple minor things that need a hammer taken to them.

-Zero

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”