[BETA] FFXI Characters Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

Hmm, well, i dont use phpnuke but after i get a alpha release of my mod in develpoment ill look at it and see if i can get it working for you.
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here
siddichan

Post by siddichan »

Jadestone, will you be adding the new jobs from the Aht Urghan expansion? I'd like to see Corsair, Puppeteer and Blue Mage in there. Whenever you have the time, it'll be great.

More with that post Gobmuffin made... is it possible to intergrate Kero Web's character faces? It'll be an additional row in the character listing display, and probably best if added through a dropdown box similar to the ones in the admin cp/smilies section inside the character management.

What do you think?

P.S. I know that Kero web doesn't exist anymore, but the pictures he/she made are still available.
siddichan

Post by siddichan »

I may be very new to php, but with your permission, I'd like to give adding a row for the faces a go, even if for my own benefit. I guess... an add on... Let me know, please.
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

go ahead, id like to see the finish result of it too

actually i am in the process of redoing this mod. As of right now i am writing an update for it as it currently works.

i will be releasing a new version soon with full control and so on, ill post more as i get more time to develop it.

my other mod (myspace clone) is taking up a massive ammount of my time... i havent even been able to play much the past few months...

siddichan

Post by siddichan »

Thanks Jadestone. I know you have a lot on your plate and I'm one of those folks who're looking forward to your MySpace mod, so I understand.

I literally have only the knowledge I gained from doing minor edits to already existing mods, so I'm an absolute novice to php. :oops:

So I do need a bit of help. I'm not sure how to do this so if anyone can give me an idea(other than Jadestone), I appreciate it.

When characters choose a "Race", which has default 5 options, I want it to have 8 options(default 0: "Race"). I want a second drop down box with options to pop up next to this one with 8 more options(default 0: "Face"). These options will be relative to the race they chose. The third and final thing that'll show is something similar to what you see when you add smilies in your admin cp, a function to update the face image(default: blank).

Option 1 >> Option 2 >> Image
Hume M >> 1-8 >> 1-8 face
Hume F >> 1-8 >> 1-8 face
Elvaan M >> 1-8 >> 1-8 face
etc.

The selectede face img will also show up under "Race" wherever the character info is shown. I didn't want to add another row when a race row already existed, it'll just get tweaked in the process.

This is my idea, so, how to go about implementing it? Particularly the function for the drop down box... uh... maybe I'm complicating it. Good idea? Bad idea?
ganiman

Post by ganiman »

Does this mod have support for the new jobs (BLU, COR, PUP)?
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

not yet, but it will in the next few days when i finish writing the mod file... having trouble with the tpl part working with easymod as of right now and the sql part.

i say in a week ill have it fixed and updated

Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

finished the update

http://thebladepact.com/extracrap/ffxi_ ... update.zip

soon i will be redoing this mod with full controls... need a break from my other mod for a bit.

siddichan

Post by siddichan »

Okay, I am really bad at this. As much as I want the face thing to show up, the most I could get is this. And it's all the language/select things, I just don't know how to link them.

Code: Select all

$lang['FFXIHUMEM'] = 'Hume M';
$lang['FFXIHUMEF'] = 'Hume F';
$lang['FFXIELVAANM'] = 'Elvaan M';
$lang['FFXIELVAANF'] = 'Elvaan F';
$lang['FFXITARUM'] = 'Tarutaru M';
$lang['FFXITARUF'] = 'Tarutaru F';
$lang['FFXIGALKA'] = 'Galka';
$lang['FFXIMITHRA'] = 'Mithra';
in Lang_main.php

<select name="race">

<option value="0" SELECTED>{L_FFXISELECT}:</option>

<option value="{L_FFXIHUMEM}">{L_FFXIHUMEM}</option>
				<option value="{L_FFXIHUMEF}">{L_FFXIHUMEF}</option>
				<option value="{L_FFXIELVAANM}">{L_FFXIELVAANM}</option>
				<option value="{L_FFXIELVAANF}">{L_FFXIELVAANF}</option>
				<option value="{L_FFXITARUM}">{L_FFXITARUM}</option>
				<option value="{L_FFXITARUF}">{L_FFXITARUF}</option>
				<option value="{L_FFXIGALKA}">{L_FFXIGALKA}</option>
				<option value="{L_FFXIMITHRA}">{L_FFXIMITHRA}</option>
			</select>
			<select name="face">
				<option value="0" SELECTED>{L_FFXIFACE}:</option>
				<option value="1">1</option>
				<option value="2">2</option>
				<option value="3">3</option>
				<option value="4">4</option>
				<option value="5">5</option>
				<option value="6">6</option>
				<option value="7">7</option>
				<option value="8">8</option>
			</select>
			<select name="color">
				<option value="0" SELECTED>{L_FFXICOLOR}:</option>
				<option value="a">a</option>
				<option value="b">b</option>
			</select>
In char_edit_add.tpl

'L_FFXIHUMEM' => $lang['FFXIHUMEM'],
	'L_FFXIHUMEF' => $lang['FFXIHUMEF'],
	'L_FFXIELVAANM' => $lang['FFXIELVAANM'],
	'L_FFXIELVAANF' => $lang['FFXIELVAANF'],
	'L_FFXITARUM' => $lang['FFXITARUM'],
	'L_FFXITARUF' => $lang['FFXITARUF'],
	'L_FFXIGALKA' => $lang['FFXIGALKA'],
	'L_FFXIMITHRA' => $lang['FFXIMITHRA'],

'L_FFXIFACE' => $lang['FFXIFACE'],
in page_header.php

So, I got it to show things up as "Hume F" or "Hume M" instead of just "Hume". I just have no clue how to make it so that the end result of the players choice from a race + Face + Color to = ./ffxi_races/hh1_a.gif

hh=hume female, 1=face, a=color

All I've done so far has been from me just going over the files included in your zip and only with the very slim knowledge I have from working with php(mostly tpl's since I'm more into designs).

I am absolutely sorry Jadestone. I'm too much of a novice. I tried and tried to see where and how it fit in, that maybe I needed to make an sql addition for these extra options or what, and miserably failed.

If for any reason you see yourself ever adding the faces, I have all the images uploaded at http://cocomunger.shinrainc.org/phpbb/ffxi_races/

I am such a ditz. Thought I could do it, but couldn't. :(
Gobmuffin

Post by Gobmuffin »

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't go 1-8 and a or b; I'd go 1a-8b. Also, I find it incredibly useful to study another mod with similar features when I'm trying to write my own. In this case, if you really want to get this working (and I would suggest you persue it because knowledge = power), I would check out something like the IP Country Flag mod. Looking through the code should give you an idea of how to call images from a selection, and also how to integrate those with member lists and such.
siddichan

Post by siddichan »

Thank you very much for the positives. I'll persue it when I find a working download of the IP Country Flag mod. The links in that post aren't working.
ganiman

Post by ganiman »

This mod has some good potential. I'm not sure I like how the information is displayed just yet, I think it could be cleaned up a bit. One thing that would be an excellent addition to this mod (but would also require constant DB updates and a lot of work) is if you could display an equipment screen similar to what is in-game, and fill in what gear you use and show icons. I've done data mining in the FFXI .dat files, and something like this would be possible, but probably not maintainable as a mod.

Anyway, keep up the good work. If this mod continues to develop, I may consider adding it to the FFXIclopedia forums:

http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

well, as of right now i have most of the admin features finished, just character managment left.

the new version will have full admin control to have this mod work for users and usergroups.

as of right now these are the features i have setup for admin control

Allow FFXI Characters
Decide to turn on or off the FFXI Character System.

Show Character Info in Profiles
Show users character info in the users profile.

Show Character Info in Topics
Show user character info on users posts.

Show Nation Flags
Shows Nation flags. If off shows Text instead.

Show Server Field
Turning this on will allow users to select and display which server they are on.

these can be set up global or per user/usergroup.

i am also looking to incorporate the fame levels into this also, maybe missions and all custom titles... not sure about the titles tho... thats a lot of work.

any ideas to iimprove the mod is wanted.

as for the armor... that will take a lot of code to do that and would be a pain to manage. I`ll think about it.

or if someone wanted ot break it all down to a list for me

ie: sword-Flame degen and help get all the images, then this would be much easier for me to complete, but on my own this would take me too long.

so any input would be nice for this, as for the faces... i would rather use the real face pics from the game... if someone can grab me these images i can integrate this easily.

Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

some screenshots so far of these

admin controls:
config
users

profile:
with flags
without flags

viewtopic:
with flag
without flags

also obviously, if you have servers turned off they will also be disabled on user character creation and edit until you turn it on...

basically the only thing i have left with the admin section is user edit and to get the delete button to function correctly....

Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

few more pics.

Admin users page

Admin Users Edit page

im done making the new changes, i rewrote most of the mod, so if you have an old version installed, you should uninstall it first before installing this. also make an announcement for all users to update their characters or otherwise it wont display right.

the new version has full admin control and global settings.

admin can change character names and races also. (just put that there so admin can fix user errors.)

i will post when i have finished writing the install for the new release.
also as of right now i am not writing an update for this, but i most likely will do soon.... or tonight if i get bored with my myspace mod.

fixed many bugs! including the selection boxes...

to check it out my ffximod site has the latest version installed.

http://ffximod.thebladepact.com/

name: test
pass: test

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”