[BETA] FFXI Characters Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Jadestone

[BETA] FFXI Characters Mod

Post by Jadestone »

MOD Title: FFXI Characters Mod
MOD Description: Integrates A FFXI character system into ur boards. Users can set their characters from FFXI to the boards and have the stats shown in their profile and on posts.
MOD Version: 3.0.0

MOD Download: Here

Code: Select all

##############################################################
## MOD Title: FFXI Characters System
## MOD Author: Jadestone < [email protected] > (Jeremy) http://mpsmod.com/
## MOD Description: Adds a FFXI Character System to Keep track of Board Users FFXI In-game Characters 
## MOD Version: 3.0.0
##
## Installation Level: (Intermediate)
## Installation Time: 20 Minutes
## Files To Edit: 12
##  viewonline.php
##  viewtopic.php
##	admin/admin_users.php 	
##	admin/index.php 	
##	includes/constants.php
##	includes/page_header.php
##	language/lang_english/lang_admin.php
##	language/lang_english/lang_main.php
##  templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl  
##  templates/subSilver/subSilver.cfg  
##  templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl  
##  templates/subSilver/admin/user_edit_body.tpl
##
## Included Files: 11 + some images
##
## License: http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU General Public License v2
## For security purposes, please check: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/
## for the latest version of this MOD. Although MODs are checked
## before being allowed in the MODs Database there is no guarantee
## that there are no security problems within the MOD. No support
## will be given for MODs not found within the MODs Database which
## can be found at http://www.phpbb.com/mods/
## Author Notes:
##
##	- This is a recoded version of the original FFXI Characters System that i wrote
##      This version has all expansions included in it at the time of release 
##
## MOD History:
##
##   2006-5-18  - Version 3.0.0
##	- Recoded System
##	- Added more info for new expansions
##
## Before Adding This MOD To Your Forum, You Should Back Up All Files Related To This MOD
Last edited by Jadestone on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:15 am, edited 20 times in total.
Rebell

Post by Rebell »

Is it for a skill of a game ?

Dont understand it really.... :?
OLDSKOOLDEMOMAKER FORUMS : http://kickme.to/osdm
make demos like in the good old days on amiga or c64 without programming knowledge !
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

The mod is for a MMORPG.

Its a Character MOD for Final Fantasy XI.

basically it`ll let u put your characters info into your profile and add it into all your posts. So everyone can see what your job levels are in the game, your main character in the game, and 2 crafting skills and levels in the game.

ill post some screenshots in a few mins.

also, if you have more than 1 character to a forum member then it will only show the stats of the character they set as the main.

**UPDATED .rar FILE**
fixed a few files and cleaned up the layout of the table on the profile_view_body.tpl
ChaosBringer

Post by ChaosBringer »

pretty cool man, its simple and seems easy to install.

keep it up! :)

01000001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110101 01110011 00100001
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

:D thanks

hmm, i need to hide the info if it has nothing set to it...

but im not quite sure how to do switches... i know the .tpl for the switches just not the .php side of it... Any help would be sweet^^ :?

im doing some research on it tho.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Jadestone wrote: but im not quite sure how to do switches... i know the .tpl for the switches just not the .php side of it... Any help would be sweet^^ :?

im doing some research on it tho.

Try asking into the MOD Writers Discussion Forum, here.. ;)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
DeViAnThans3

Post by DeViAnThans3 »

looks pretty! :)
I only provide support via the appropriate topics! Please no PM or mails! :)
My MODs :: [BETA] Facebook Connect
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

updated first post with newwest release so far
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

had a few switches to edit, uploaded newwest file and updated link.

noticed a few cosmetics i wanted fixed, tpl files and install file were only edited.

changed the viewprofile and the viewtopic layout
Last edited by Jadestone on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

added 2 new features so admin can delete just a users characters or when admin deletes user the character table will drop also.

updated link and first post^^

also updatd test site
Gobmuffin

Post by Gobmuffin »

I am curious if you plan to implement any kind of auth system...I've been thinking of using this on my site but we are a large endgame shell and I only want my LS members to be able to create characters for the roster.
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

as of right now only forum members can use this mod, guests can only see info not create it. I`ll look into making it so only a usergroup can use it.(im guessing thats what you mean)

I`m also thinking of adding a server field as an add-on for this mod, i notice a lot of forums have multi server members.
Gobmuffin

Post by Gobmuffin »

The only problem I have with using User Groups is we sometimes have special circumstances pop up. For example, a member who is in good standing but inactive would remain in the members usergroup, but I would want them off the roster.

My solution was to add an admin option in the profile allowing me to specify if the user was a LS member (I may change wording to Include In Roster). It is kind of cumbersome since I added that option after 80+ members registered to the site, but it gives me the control I needed for several pages.

Right now I'm in the process of modding your mod (not for release, just to suit my own purposes). In case you're wondering, here are the things I am attempting to change or modify:
1.) First and foremost, the job/subjob format is obsolete in a LS where most members have several maxed jobs. My main concern is displaying each characters' jobs over 70, whether they have 2 or 10.
2.) A large consideration for us is Dynamis clearance and sea access, so i'll be adding those fields to the database and character registry.
3.) I'll either remove the rank field entirely, or create 3 rank entries (one for each city) and remove them from the profile (only show in signature).
4.) Template modifications for the viewtopic areas.
5.) Template modification for character_body.tpl.

If you have any further plans to expand this mod I'd love to kick around ideas with you.
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

sure^^ but u will want to use this release if you are going to mod it.

FFXI Characters v1.0.1a

this is the latest version (fixed some flaws with the coding and security issues thanks to phpbb Mod-Validation) and the version i just submitted. I also have it so that the first letter in any name will now be uppercase automatically when they submit it. so if they put: test as a username and submit it the mod will automatically make it Test. ( just something i like)

not sure which version you had, but i added a delete users characters in the profile managment.

i want to create a admin section in the ACP (working on this right now actually,this`ll take me a little bit longer tho.) that will let you delete a single users caracter or all of them, as well as editing the character.

any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appriciated. I want to make this have everything i can think of for it.

i was thinking about adding Missions, Fame, etc. but i decided not to. Just didnt think anyone would care.

I`m also thinking about having the Nation flag instead of just text.

Looking forward to any input.

after all this is my first mod
:D

i went ahead and made a forum for this

http://ffximod.thebladepact.com
Gobmuffin

Post by Gobmuffin »

I've been keeping up with your latest releases for security issues and things, no worries there.

As for the nation flag, I want to use the icons (flags and faces) created by Kero for the japanese guildmember.cgi by senobeya. Here's an example if you've never seen it.

I love the uppercase character name idea, drives me insane too.

As for the fame/missions thing, I've seen some really detailed rosters that were so cluttered with information that nobody bothered to look at them. Just my opinion, if you wanted to add that kind of stuff, I'd only make it viewable in the profiles or something.

I registered with your site today and I'll keep up with your test site, if I come up with any super spiffy features I'll let ya know. :D

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”