[ABD] Users Reputation System Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Nevalite

Post by Nevalite » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:05 am

No im using firefox :?: EDIT: I opened IE and dled it.

Also are you literally giving your points away when giving points? Or merely adding to their reputation?

I think you should be adding to theirs that way you can see who is most reputed on the site, etc.

Is it possible to change the way rep is seen to Reputation:50 or however many that person has.

antongranik

Post by antongranik » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:34 am

Nevalite wrote: Also are you literally giving your points away when giving points? Or merely adding to their reputation?

You give 5 points - you lose 5 points of course. :)
Nevalite wrote: I think you should be adding to theirs that way you can see who is most reputed on the site, etc.

Well, good idea. I'll take it! ;)
Nevalite wrote: Is it possible to change the way rep is seen to Reputation:50 or however many that person has.

Change in admincp -> Reputation -> graphic version off.
anton granik. graphic designer.

jdj7544

Post by jdj7544 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:51 am

antongranik wrote:
jdj7544 wrote:
antongranik wrote:yes, it works ok. The system is this: when one user gives another points, they are being doubled, when the giver has more points than the receiver. And if the giver has medals his giving points multiply by the medal number (medal no. 1 - multiply by 5, medal no. 4 - * by 2). If the giver has the exact amount of points as the receiver or less than the receiver the amount of giving points stays the same (multiply by 1). :)

Wow, that is kind of complicated, right? How do i explain all that and the reasoning to my users?

The reason of this is that the more "power" user has more power to give. The more reputated user is the more reputation he gives. That's simple.
To explain this to the end users you can just copy'n'paste the above explanation from me. ;)

thanks for the help. To clarify medal #1 mult. x 5, what does medal 4,3,2 multiply x, the medal no.?

antongranik

Post by antongranik » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:54 am

jdj7544 wrote: thanks for the help. To clarify medal #1 mult. x 5, what does medal 4,3,2 multiply x, the medal no.?

Go to admin cp -> reputation and you'll see all the medals (if you installed the mod). If you didn't install it look into the second screenshot in my first post in this topic.

jdj7544

Post by jdj7544 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:59 am

I see the amount needed to earn the medal. If a person with a medal 1 gives points its times 5. What if they have a medal 2, what is the multiplier. And for 3 & 2

antongranik

Post by antongranik » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:04 am

medal 1 -> multiply x 5
medal 2 -> multiply x 4
medal 3 -> multiply x 3
medal 4 -> multiply x 2
medal 5 -> multiply x 1

jdj7544

Post by jdj7544 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:07 am

Thanks, just wanted to make sure. Excellent mod, I have it installed and it's working great.

antongranik

Post by antongranik » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:19 am

jdj7544 wrote: Thanks, just wanted to make sure. Excellent mod, I have it installed and it's working great.

Good! ;)

jdj7544

Post by jdj7544 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:45 am

One more question, what happens when someone deducts points, where do they go.

antongranik

Post by antongranik » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:59 am

jdj7544 wrote: One more question, what happens when someone deducts points, where do they go.

Good question. They just vanish. :) I'm deducting 5 points from you. You lose 5 points, my points stay the same. If I have medals you lose according to them (5 points multiply by the medal system's multipliers).

Nevalite

Post by Nevalite » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:39 am

Do you think you could release a version, maybe just edit this one, where you dont lose rep by giving to someone. My members may hoard their precious points and not want to give them away. I think users should be able to give the points but without losing some one theirs. Like I said earlier then while looking thru the forums u can see who is the most helpfull etc.

If you could make that change I would be ever so greatfull, maybe just add a second release including this change for people like me that want it this way.

Do you think you can do it? :lol:

kornhead

Post by kornhead » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:48 pm

rockboyteek wrote:

Code: Select all

Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_posts = user_posts + 1, user_reputation = user_reputation + , user_rep_last_time = 1140259130 WHERE user_id = 2

Line : 503
File : functions_post.php 

I've got the same trouble while posting and the following in header:

Warning: Division by zero in (folder position)\phpBB2\includes\functions_post.php on line 380
& if i'm trying to delete the post

Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' user_rep_last_time = 1140524658 WHERE user_id = 2' at line 

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_posts = user_posts - 1, user_reputation = user_reputation - , user_rep_last_time = 1140524658 WHERE user_id = 2

Line : 498
File : functions_post.php
I just couldn't get: did you solve this problem?

oh, nearly forgot: i'm running 2.0.17 - could it be because of that?

Raul Duke

Post by Raul Duke » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:14 pm

Nevalite wrote: Do you think you could release a version, maybe just edit this one, where you dont lose rep by giving to someone. My members may hoard their precious points and not want to give them away. I think users should be able to give the points but without losing some one theirs. Like I said earlier then while looking thru the forums u can see who is the most helpfull etc.

If you could make that change I would be ever so greatfull, maybe just add a second release including this change for people like me that want it this way.

^ I'd like to see this change as well.

Nice work btw, looks like a great mod. :D

antongranik

Post by antongranik » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:28 pm

Raul Duke wrote:
Nevalite wrote:Do you think you could release a version, maybe just edit this one, where you dont lose rep by giving to someone. My members may hoard their precious points and not want to give them away. I think users should be able to give the points but without losing some one theirs. Like I said earlier then while looking thru the forums u can see who is the most helpfull etc.

^ I'd like to see this change as well.

Nice work btw, looks like a great mod. :D

Guys, but this has no sense. Users will give and give and give the points to each others until... until they reach 100 biggest medals. :)

Raul Duke

Post by Raul Duke » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:44 pm

Yea, possibly. Users would still be competing against each other though so hopefully they'd realise there's no point in giving points back and forth.

Can you perhaps set a limit on the amount of "rep" you can give out in a certain time? I think VB users a similar system.

Maybe a limit on the amount you can give to the same user in that time as well?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”