I've dug up the code for my google sitemap mod & started working on it again. The biggest change is the mod no longer generates a single sitemap. Instead, it generates multiple sitemaps, each containing a number of topics that you specify and links them together with a sitemap index file.
In the near future, I hope to expand the scope of what gets included in the sitemap. For example, dcz
has done some work on adding knowledgebase articles to the sitemap and we are discussing the possibility of incorporating that into an upcoming release.
What's new in 0.6.0:
- Added support for sitemap indexes
- Added support for topics that span multiple pages (all pages are now included)
- Added all publicly available forums to a sitemap
I've also included some optional files in contrib/mod_rewrite that will make nicer looking urls (ie no "?" or "="). You will need Apache with mod_rewrite to use them.
- If you are using the "eXtreme Styles" mod, "Add tpl filenames in html" must be turned off.
- The number of topics to be included in each sitemap can be defined in the admin panel. Currently, this does not account for multi page topics (ie a 2 page topic will generate 2 entries, but only be counted as 1 topic).
- Currently, only the first page of each forum is listed. I hope to address this in the next version.
What I need:
-Feedback: How well does this work for you? Have you encountered any major problems?
-Opinions: It has been suggested that I ditch the phpBB template system in favor of just using echo in order to improve performance. Any thoughts for or against?