[RC4] GYM Sitemaps & RSS (aka mx Google Sitemaps)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
dcz

Post by dcz »

Was testing .htaccess rules sorry ;) and fixed :)

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

dcz, in my Portal ACP.. im getting this http://site.com/../../../modules/mx_ggs ... itemap.php?

For google sitemap admin page. this is after installing.

dcz

Post by dcz »

and ?

What does happend?

Additionnally could you tell me what is you folder strucure for phpbb and mx.

Then, I think the portal specifi support should be primarly be done there http://www.mx-system.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8440 since you are also member ;)

++

Mephistox

Post by Mephistox »

DCZ, how do i get that fancy thing you showed us a few posts back?

Is that RC2?

dcz

Post by dcz »

Mephistox wrote: DCZ, how do i get that fancy thing you showed us a few posts back?

Is that RC2?

Just wait a bit until I release ;)

Need a bit of time, the code is ok, needs doc now :)

++

Ruroshin

Post by Ruroshin »

just installed this and tested it out, I also modified it to use my own mod rewrite and seems to be working ok.

Btw there were some erors when running it in easymod, to get it to work with easymod you need to change the copy part to this:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ COPY ]------------------------------------------
#

copy  sitemap.php to sitemap.php
copy  phpBB/root/language/lang_english/lang_google_sitemap.php  to  language/lang_english/lang_google_sitemap.php
copy  phpBB/root/language/lang_french/lang_google_sitemap.php   to  language/lang_french/lang_google_sitemap.php
copy  phpBB/root/admin/admin_mx_ggsitemap.php       to  admin/admin_mx_ggsitemap.php
copy  phpBB/root/mx_ggsitemaps/includes/index_forum.php     to  mx_ggsitemaps/includes/index_forum.php
copy  phpBB/root/mx_ggsitemaps/includes/sitemap_forum.php   to  mx_ggsitemaps/includes/sitemap_forum.php
copy  phpBB/root/mx_ggsitemaps/includes/common_GGsitemaps.php to  mx_ggsitemaps/includes/common_GGsitemaps.php
copy  phpBB/root/templates/subSilver/admin/admin_mx_ggsitemap.tpl   to  templates/subSilver/admin/admin_mx_ggsitemap.tpl
Also this might be a bug but in line 187 of sitemap_forum.php was this:

$i=0;
					while ( ($i <= $pages) )
which on a particular topic of mine produced a page that did not exist, i.e. the topic had 9 pages with page 9 containing the maximum number of posts however that piece of code will loop 10 times thus the sitemap gave out a link to page 10 which doesn't exist, anyway I changed it to

while ( ($i < $pages) )
to fix that.

dcz

Post by dcz »

For the first part, it has to be this way for the mod to validate the mod's template test, no possible phpbb in paths, so I guess there is to upload only the root folder to have it work the same with easy mod.

Then, for the second, arg, here it is, the one that I have missed ;)

Sorry for that, so Every body should apply this fix or just overwrite the used (pre moded or not) sitemap_forum.php with the corresponding one in the updated package (once this post is made, the package is updated).

I don't feel like renumbering right now, cause I just submited this one to the moddb, and obviously I have to redo it right now and thus will add the proper mention for this fix in the submited release.

hope you still enjoyed it ;)

++

[EDIT] PS :
It's of no harm at all to have runned the mod with the bug, even if google had time to try to spider this perticular last page, it's no big deal, it will figure out it does not exist, and one day, it may exist ;)

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

I get this error on a site:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_url_friendly() (previously declared in /home/www/nyusocialwork.awardspace.com/includes/page_header.php:40) in /home/www/nyusocialwork.awardspace.com/includes/page_header.php on line 40

I'm using webmedics mod. I checked page header and there is the call to the function at line 40, like it says and also further down for webmedics mod. Aside from that I couldn't find any other references for make_url_friendly. The funny thing is, on another site that I have it works without a problem.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could go about fixing this?

dcz

Post by dcz »

khisanthax wrote: I get this error on a site:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_url_friendly() (previously declared in /home/www/nyusocialwork.awardspace.com/includes/page_header.php:40) in /home/www/nyusocialwork.awardspace.com/includes/page_header.php on line 40

I'm using webmedics mod. I checked page header and there is the call to the function at line 40, like it says and also further down for webmedics mod. Aside from that I couldn't find any other references for make_url_friendly. The funny thing is, on another site that I have it works without a problem.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could go about fixing this?

Er this is strange, what version are you using ?

Is the make_url_friendly code in the page_header.php file ?

Anyway it's quite off topic, but have a look there http://phpbb2.phpbb-seo.net/ this is the demo forum for the mod rewrite I am just ending to put together.

There will be three different ones to fits everyone needs. The good news are, no dupes in pagination and no ob_start() ;)

So I don't really know what's happening with your webmedic installation, but I suggest you just wait few more days before I release the mod rewrites ;)

By the way, just released a new one, which will do it's work with bots ;) :
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=387963
It's a user side site map system with many cool features, have a look ;)

It's DEV stage, but the live demo is showing you how well it's working ;)

++

sceltic

Post by sceltic »

dcz
This all looks great work

I want to launch a site that already has the able2know static mod rewrite on but I would like to use your mixed version (forums and category title) of yours as these additions make it clearly superior.

Do you have an estimate time to release the mod rewrite and the updated sitemaps?

dcz

Post by dcz »

sceltic wrote: dcz
This all looks great work

I want to launch a site that already has the able2know static mod rewrite on but I would like to use your mixed version (forums and category title) of yours as these additions make it clearly superior.

Do you have an estimate time to release the mod rewrite and the updated sitemaps?

Actually the sitemap files are aready provided in this release for the soon come mod Rewrites.

I am currently going through a pre public testing process, mainly to validate the install processes prior to release and to start finding solutions for special cases. For example, i already found solution for this mod rewrite to work fine with the annoucne suite, simple sub forums, and pseudo sub forum. Should soon work on CH also.

So I am currently ending the release process of my new mx sitemaps module, need to end the mxbb auto link add on doc and I'll really start to write down the release threads for my od rewrites.

If you, or any body, wants to be part of the pre testing process (I mean, it's not realy testing anymore since it's not the beginning and everything is working nicely now, but still, I am interested in the widest test process so ... PM if you want to give a try ) good news is that it will be possible with almost no effort to keep the able2know standard for the topics in mixed mod, so that you won't loose all of your indexing so far for those ;)

This would just need a very small change in the code :D

Then, if you prefer to wait, it should be ready by the end of this week, I hope ;)

++

sceltic

Post by sceltic »

Yes that would be no problem and good to help.

!! I am just finishing adding simple sub forums as well, so it will be a test.

I will pm you dcz

dcz

Post by dcz »

you won't regret it ;)

amir abbas

Post by amir abbas »

hello

i found this mod 2 days ago
i think its very useful
but unfortunately i couldn't use it
i've installed it
every thing is OK until rewrite mod is OFF
but after turn it on , this mod become disable

i've installed this mod for rewrite URLs
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=90

i used the file in contrib folder that was edited for googlebb link
but it doesn't work

another thing
i found a .htaccess file in contrib folder
whats this .htaccess file
i must put it in which folder ?

this .htaccess file

#########################################################
# MX GG_SITEMAPS REWRITE RULES				#
# AUTHOR : dcz http://www.phpbb-seo.com/
# STARTED : 2006/02/22
########################

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

########################################################

RewriteRule ^sitemaps.xml$ /sitemap.php [L]
RewriteRule ^mx-sitemap.xml$ /sitemap.php?mx [L]
RewriteRule ^forum-sitemap-([0-9]+).xml$ /sitemap.php?fid=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^kb-sitemap-([0-9]+).xml$ /sitemap.php?kbid=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^sitemap-forum.xml$ /sitemap.php?forum [L]
RewriteRule ^sitemap-kbcat.xml$ /sitemap.php?kbcat [L]

# END GG_SITEMAPS REWRITE RULES				#

please help :(

dcz

Post by dcz »

amir abbas wrote: i used the file in contrib folder that was edited for googleBB link
but it doesn't work

So, first, the mod rewrite switch in acp only concerns the sitemaps links.

Natural forum siteamp link looks like :
sitemap.php?fid=xx

And goes forum-sitemapxx.xml once rewrited.

This is a cosmetic feature since Google will use both and those page won't be ranked so, at first just make sure the sitemaps are installed ok and then decide to go for more "style" ;)

Then, as far as installing this system, it should not be a problem.

Once all the files are uploaded correctly and the sql script was ran, you should be able to load this page : http://www.example.com/phpbbfolder/sitemap.php which is your sitemapIndex listing all generated sitemaps.
Then, you should test the two kinds of links in there, the one like sitemap.php?fid=xx and the unique sitemap.php?fim
If those loads ok, then it works ;)

And to use with the google bb link enhancement, you just have to overwrite includes/sitemap_forum.php with the sitemap_forum.php from the contrib folder (obviously the bblink enhancement one).

If you experience further problem, a link could help out.

Feel free to ask for more details.

++

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”