[RC4] GYM Sitemaps & RSS (aka mx Google Sitemaps)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
joeydee

Post by joeydee »

dcz wrote: @joeydee

Looks like you're using another mod, sitemaps generator maybe.

Anyway, there is not problem with using .php for sitemaps, Google just does not care about it.

And this sitemap is not supposed to be browsed by humans, so no links are needed, just a Google submission.

The official limit per sitemaps is 50 000 URLs, which is the whole point about it, provide Google with potential huge lists.

I advise you to use this mod, or to wait until the update if you prefer than the one you're using, because mine will be able to list a lot more URLs ;)

++

Hey mec... Yah I am using another mod and I would like to try your mod. Yesterday I tried to register to your forum but I kept on "by accident" hitting the wrong image code and it signed me out from registering :( so today I will register to the forum.

So you're saying that Google has a max of 50 000 urls? but what about per page, i am sure there is a limit per page no? If not that's good. Last question, normaly when you have a Forum sitemap do you display a link on the forum so spiders read it? or that's not necessary since one would be submitting it to Google sitemap and spiders are automatically crawling to your sites.

my best,
-Joey Dee
jaiak

Post by jaiak »

This mod work with Able2kown mod?? I try but don't work

I install the mod with readme.txt instruction and later, I overwrite the sitemap_forum.php with the sitemap_forum.php file for the "Able2know" forums, I click "yes" in the opcion in the ACP for use the mod rewrite, but the sitemap don't work, the url are 404.

Somebody use this mod with able2know mod?

Regards from spain and sorry for my bad english
dcz

Post by dcz »

This mod as been updated :D

Will update the release here soon ;)

And jaiak, your sitemaps will work if you turn mod rewrite off, with the able2know urls, the rewritten sitemaps links do not work because you need to implement the additional rewriterules from the contrib/ folder of this release.

++

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS
stevemagruder

Post by stevemagruder »

dcz wrote: This mod as been updated :D

Will update the release here soon ;)

And jaiak, your sitemaps will work if you turn mod rewrite off, with the able2know urls, the rewritten sitemaps links do not work because you need to implement the additional rewriterules from the contrib/ folder of this release.

++

dcz, will you let us know via a new post when it's updated here? I am watching this thread. Thanks!
Steve Magruder - WebCommons :: Media
Administrator for the Louisville History & Issues discussion board
dcz

Post by dcz »

Off course ;)

stevemagruder

Post by stevemagruder »

I don't mean to be pushy, but.... :P
dcz

Post by dcz »

it's RC2 and will soon be RC3, so that's why I did not started to broadcast the link too much, but you can download it from here : http://downloads.phpbb-seo.com/gym-site ... ss-14.html

;)

++

stevemagruder

Post by stevemagruder »

dcz wrote: it's RC2 and will soon be RC3, so that's why I did not started to broadcast the link too much, but you can download it from here : http://downloads.phpbb-seo.com/gym-site ... ss-14.html

;)

++

OK, I guess I was confused with the versioning, as the one here also is RC2, but apparently an earlier version (1.0.0 vs 1.2.0).

By the way, thanks for your great work on this.
oacblack

Re: [RC2] mx Google Sitemaps

Post by oacblack »

i seem to be having some issues. i installed the sitemaps with no problem and then decided to install the Mixed Seo URL's so i then replaced the files like stated in the mod rewrite section of the sitemaps mod rewrite readme.txt. The sitemap.php still has a ? mark in the url listings and if I try follow one i get an error

http://indierevolt.com/sitemap.php
oacblack

Post by oacblack »

also I am interested in overwriting mx Google Sitemaps v1.0.0RC2 the one from the phpbb2 downloads section with the GYM sitemaps list on your website. What changes do i need to make and is there an easy process of doing this?
dcz

Post by dcz »

Updating to 1.2.0RC3 will solve the url matter, with v1.0.0RC2, you had to upload a premodded file, now it's auto.

So I suggest you install the GYM sitemaps 1.2.0RC3 module.

Updating is not really hard to do, it's a module, you only had to upload file to install it, so just delete them all and install the new version ;)

It's really worth it, we're not far from a RC4, but updating will be as easy as uploading files so you can proceed and install the RC3 now .

++

oacblack

Post by oacblack »

Yeah thanks I found the post below the download link on your site and installing the update was easy and all problems are now solved. wonderful mod.
Perryhb

Post by Perryhb »

I'm not sure I understand this. Do I need to add something to my forum so that google finds my forum and my sitemap? Google or yahoo aren't searching my forum but msn in. Please let me know what this thread means. I have my forum listed in my sitemap but isn't helping them find it. Thanks.
thesiege84

Post by thesiege84 »

Having a few probs with install. the install file is confusing for me.

I have my forum in a sub folder called /forum/

In your install file it says edit line 44 and 70:
If phpbb is installed in a sub folder and you run other pages
at the root level, you can take advantage of this system's modularity to include
all of your site's sitemaps in this same index.
Beside coding or requesting your add on, you'll have to put the sitemap.php
file at the root level, since no link from above the sitemap file folder are taken
into consideration by Google.
To do this and open sitemap.php, look at line 44 and 70 and follow instructions.

So then i look at line 44 and 70 and see

// YOU HAVE TO SET THE CORRECT PATH FOR PHPBB IF YOU WANT
// TO USE THIS SITEMAP SYSTEM OUTSIDE OF THE PHPBB FOLDER
// AND TO LOOK AT LINE 70 too ;-)
$module_root_path2 = $module_root_path = $phpbb_root_path = './';
include($phpbb_root_path . '/forum/extension.inc');
include($phpbb_root_path . '/forum/common.'.$phpEx);
// Start session management
$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_INDEX);
init_userprefs($userdata);
// End session management

// Comment this line if you put your sitemap in the root folder
// and phpbb installed in a subfolder.
$root_url = ($phpbb) ? $server_url : $root_url;

I haven't edited 70 yet but is this right for line 40?

The sitemap doesn't load up and gives the following error. (btw, the sitemap.php is in root and the forum is in /forum/)
Warning: main(./config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/worldpla/public_html/forum/common.php on line 177

Warning: main(./config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/worldpla/public_html/forum/common.php on line 177

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening './config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/worldpla/public_html/forum/common.php on line 177

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/worldpla/public_html/forum/common.php:177) in /home/worldpla/public_html/forum/common.php on line 181

***************************ADDED**************************
I have just uploaded the sitemap.php into the forum folder and it works but it only has 1 thing indexed. please take a look:

Sitemap in root:
http://worldplayers.net/sitemap.php
what appears if you load the above:

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening './config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/worldpla/public_html/forum/common.php on line 177

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/worldpla/public_html/forum/common.php:177) in /home/worldpla/public_html/forum/common.php on line 181

Sitemap in forum root:
http://worldplayers.net/forum/sitemap.php

What appears on the one in /forum/
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <sitemapindex xmlns="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84 http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0 ... eindex.xsd">
- <!-- Generated by mx Google Sitemaps v1.0.0RC2 - (C) 2006 dcz - http://www.phpbb-seo.com/
-->
- <sitemap>
<loc>http://www.worldplayers.net/forum/sitem ... forum</loc>
<lastmod>1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00</lastmod>
</sitemap>
</sitemapindex>
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

what it means about root is your forum directory

So where you have your sitemap, is considerd outside of the root directory or in your case "forum" directory

for a suggestion, I would put the sitemap in your forum directory - it seems it is where most of your content is at anyway, in the forums.

:edit: ok so you do have it in your forum directory. have you configured anything in your admin control panel?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”