[RC4] GYM Sitemaps & RSS (aka mx Google Sitemaps)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
dcz

Post by dcz »

I think so.

As it seems you see the acp part, I think you did not create a mx_ggsitemap/includes/ folder with the two forum files in it.

Lol I just watched again a nd now it works perfect ;p

[EDIT] It seems though you did not get all db changes properly.

If you ran the manual sql, please try again with the auto one while logged admin.

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS

zyxwvvwxyz

Re: sitemaps.php returns "No Sitemap"

Post by zyxwvvwxyz »

zyxwvvwxyz wrote: I am running phpbb with no mod rewrite rules and I went through the installation twice now awith no success.

after configuring the parameters in the acp and submitting the site map when i go to

www.z-mation.com/phpbb/sitemap.php all i get is "no site-map"

am i missing something?

Chris

third time is a charm, I missed the the new folder and installed the includes files into my phpbb/includes as opposed to making a new mx_sitemaps folder.

nice mod. thanks.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

dcz

Post by dcz »

hehe you are welcome ;)

But it seems you did not do all sql, please try the following, go to acp and save settings once, you should see the sitemap ver in the xml output, and if this does not works, please try to use the auto install while logged admin once more.

++

zyxwvvwxyz

Post by zyxwvvwxyz »

dcz wrote: hehe you are welcome ;)

But it seems you did not do all sql, please try the following, go to acp and save settings once, you should see the sitemap ver in the xml output, and if this does not works, please try to use the auto install while logged admin once more.

++

where is the auto install? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

zyxwvvwxyz

Post by zyxwvvwxyz »

do you mean the db_install? i did it again but still have only forum id's no posts.

dcz

Post by dcz »

yop,

And everything is working great ;)

This mod is not outputing any post url, just topics (with pagination handeled) since post are duplicates of topics. Don't worry, this will give the best url available eg topic) to all of your site content.

Then you may have missed the fact that this mod crate a sitemapindex with links to the actual sitemaps inside (one per forum and one for all forums).

Try to follow the url inside of it :
http://www.z-mation.com/phpbb/sitemap.php?fid=10 = forum n°10 sitemaps ege topics links.

http://www.z-mation.com/phpbb/sitemap.php?forum = sitemap listing all forums

++

zyxwvvwxyz

Post by zyxwvvwxyz »

Very Nice!!!

I was wondering why there were only a few links.

You did a great job. I was trying to do my own using the instructions and python script that google gives you in thier site map generator and I couldn't get the config file to run error free. Thanks, I wish I would have checked the phpBB forum before spending two days trying to do it the hard way.

i'll put a link on my link pages to you.

Chris.

dcz

Post by dcz »

hehe Thanks a lot and I am pleased you enjoyed my work.

:)

dcz

Post by dcz »

Some of those migth be interested in testing a teaser for my new mods.

There is a sitemap mod, and three mod rewrites (no ob_start() nor heavy code changes, IMHO the less duplicates left option out there and will support every url standard) to test here : http://phpbb2.phpbb-seo.net/forum-map.html

Need to put up doc together and clean up code a bit before first release of those.

So I'll soon be releasing an update of this mx_ggsitemap, mostly to allow it to integrate well with all of my other mods.

++

zyxwvvwxyz

Post by zyxwvvwxyz »

dcz wrote: Some of those migth be interested in testing a teaser for my new mods.

There is a sitemap mod, and three mod rewrites (no ob_start() nor heavy code changes, IMHO the less duplicates left option out there and will support every url standard) to test here : http://phpbb2.phpbb-seo.net/forum-map.html

Need to put up doc together and clean up code a bit before first release of those.

So I'll soon be releasing an update of this mx_ggsitemap, mostly to allow it to integrate well with all of my other mods.

++

It looks nice, do you want me to change my link? I think I have your link to the marsatak-- (http://www.marsatak.org/) author of the great mx_Google sitemaps?

dcz

Post by dcz »

This is very kind of you to give me a link back.

Please use http://www.phpbb-seo.com as a target, since it will be the site to officially support all of those mods of mine.

And, as soon as it will be open (matter of few weeks now), you'll be able to post your sites to the different directories it will host, so that you'll get BL too ;)

dcz

Post by dcz »

RC2 is out, update is very easy, and the code changes will allow you to use the mx Sitemap module (demo two post above,soon released) together with this one.

Updated as well the contrib files, don't worry, your sitemaps url won't change.

To update from RC1 and save your current Sitemaps settings, just upload all files and skip the sql install part ([ SQL ] or db_install.php).
Once this is done, just go to Acp / Google SiteMaps and submit once your actual config, this will update the version number
without changing your settings.

++

SHH

Post by SHH »

Looks great, keep us all posted :)

dcz

Post by dcz »

SHH wrote:

Looks great, keep us all posted :)

will do ;)

Mephistox

Post by Mephistox »

I'm getting a 500 internal server error when I try to download RC2

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”