[RC4] GYM Sitemaps & RSS (aka mx Google Sitemaps)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
amir abbas

Post by amir abbas »

thank you very much dcz
So, first, the mod rewrite switch in acp only concerns the sitemaps links.

i had problem with this part
i thought that this part will affect on all URLs
i terned it off form ACP
it worked perfectly with googlebb link mod
but i have a question

you said that

Natural forum siteamp link looks like :
sitemap.php?fid=xx

And goes forum-sitemapxx.xml once rewrited.

This is a cosmetic feature since Google will use both and those page won't be ranked so, at first just

make sure the sitemaps are installed ok and then decide to go for more "style"

at this time i think its not necessary for me use the rewrited URL for sitemap

but if i want to rewrite Sitemap url, what i must to do ?
i've installed phpbb in localhost in this address

http://localhost/phpbb2/

how can i rewrite the sitemap URLs
i think i must edit .htaccess file

i've found a .htaccess file in contrib folder of mx google site map mod
in which folder i must put this file and which part of this file must be changed ?

thank you very much for your guide
thank you very much for your useful mod
thanks a lot for your good support :wink:

amir abbas

Post by amir abbas »

i found a mistake in mx_ggsitemap mod in sitemap_forum.php that is edited for googlebb mod (in contrib folder)

open sitemap_forum.php (Modded for GoogleBB Link Enhancement mod rewrite Standard)

find

Code: Select all

//$topic_url = 'viewtopic.' . $phpEx . '?t=' . $topic['topic_id'];
				$topic_url = 'viewtopic.' . $topic['topic_id']
replace with

$topic_url = 'viewtopic.' . $topic['topic_id'] . '.html';
only this part (. '.html') was dropped :wink:

dcz

Post by dcz »

Nope, actually, I just left the original code commented that's all.
Meaning, this particular linbe can as well be deleted, nothing will change.

And yes, you'd have to use the .htaccess rules located in the contrib folder to use mod rewrite for sitemaps.

According to your local servers details, you should put this in your root's .htaccess :

RewriteRule ^phpbb2/sitemaps.xml$ /phpbb2/sitemap.php [L]
RewriteRule ^phpbb2/forum-sitemap-([0-9]+)\.xml$ /phpbb2/sitemap.php?fid=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^phpbb2/sitemap-forum.xml$ /phpbb2/sitemap.php?forum [L]
If there are already rewriterules in it, put those rigth after :

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
++

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS

amir abbas

Post by amir abbas »

Nope, actually, I just left the original code commented that's all.
Meaning, this particular linbe can as well be deleted, nothing will change.

are you sure ?
i tested it many time s
without (. '.html') it doesn't works :?
after i add (. '.html') to this line

$topic_url = 'viewtopic.' . $topic['topic_id']
its starts to work
i don't know (i've tested the mod on localhost not on server )

dcz

Post by dcz »

Lol, actually you are right, the mistake was a little elsewhere, but there was one, I am stubborn sometime ;)

So please re DL the pack and overwrite the contrib file, the html was not missing where you told me, so you will need the new file for the paginated links to work.

Sorry for this.

And for the other, this was only concerning the Google bb link and ablde25know premodded files, nothing else changed.

++ :roll:

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

This seems to be a great mod but I don't understand it completely. I already have a sitemap introduced to Google for my http://www.domainname, my forum is at http://www.domainname/forum/

After installation of this mod, what exactly do I have to do?

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction. :)

Grtz,

Nic

dcz

Post by dcz »

You can just install this mod in the forum/ folder and register both of your sitemaps at Google. There is absolutely no problem doing this, you'd just have to add the phpbb sitemapIdex (the sitemap.ph file) to your account.

As well, if you like things to be well organised, and to see all of the Google stats put together both for your site and your forum in your Google account, you can take advantage of this mod's modularity to merge your sites sitemap into your forum's one.

To do this you'd have to first put this mod's sitemap.php file at the root level of your site and edit the proper line in it (look in the code they are commented) and then to try to apply the small tutorial I provided in the first page of this topic to add additional listing within the same system. It's pretty simple if you know a bit of php, but it depends also on how do you build your site's sitemap too.

Again, as far as being useful, two sitemaps is the same as only one sitemap index. And actually, I performed tests showing that Google is able to follow links from a siteamapIdex to another one before visiting the actual sitemap and then the page, so that you could also add the phpbb sitemapIdex to your site's sitemapIndex to still register one single file (even though Google does not say it's forbidden and it works, I'd personally prefer to either keep two files or merge the two).

Anyway, it's very simple to install, so you can try it and then decide how to use it in the end.

++

diegoriv

Post by diegoriv »

hi dcz!

i tried to write an addon for indexing sites from Photo Album 2.0.53 © 2002-2003 Smartor

i had still no time for optimization, but can you look whether i am on the correct way?

Link to sitemap: http://alpinum.at/sitemap.php

Download files: http://alpinum.at/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3

thanks

Next plan: addon for calpro from snailsource

dcz

Post by dcz »

Nice :D

This is exactly why I made this mod modular, for every body to be able to add extra listing.

What you did seems great, looking up your coding a bit, I think you should not use $forum_id & $forum_map but rather something like $album_cat_id and $album_map, just as a general coding guideline.
Then, for the SQL, I'll take a deeper look at this later, but I am sure the switch are not really needed here, since the smartor mod itself do not use them.

I'll post you my clues about it and we will decide how to properly add (or not ) your add on with proper credits to this contrib ;)

++

saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

dcz,

Thank you very much for your help, I managed to introduce my forum to Google :) Didn't know that it also worked with the sitemap.php. ;)

Thx,

Nic

dcz

Post by dcz »

thanks

I am sure you'll enjoy this one as well : http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=387963

++

diegoriv

Post by diegoriv »

dcz wrote: Nice :D

This is exactly why I made this mod modular, for every body to be able to add extra listing.

What you did seems great, looking up your coding a bit, I think you should not use $forum_id & $forum_map but rather something like $album_cat_id and $album_map, just as a general coding guideline.
Then, for the SQL, I'll take a deeper look at this later, but I am sure the switch are not really needed here, since the smartor mod itself do not use them.

I'll post you my clues about it and we will decide how to properly add (or not ) your add on with proper credits to this contrib ;)

++

ok, correct. I used your script as collecting main and did some changes. therefore I did not adapt the variables yet. I wanted to know generally whether that is good or scrap.

J

dcz

Post by dcz »

Well, as long as it is working, then it's good :D

Then, if you agree this file could be added to the pack, then, some cleanup would be necessary, just because it's better to show good examples of code, not because it will change much to the process.

Then, it's not this obvious smartor comment are good to index for everyone, because some site barely do not use them, and anyway, this is not where the best search able content is to be found, but, I am sure some project would benefit such pluggin ;)

++

diegoriv

Post by diegoriv »

dcz wrote: Then, if you agree this file could be added to the pack,

no problem ;)
dcz wrote: then, some cleanup would be necessary, just because it's better to show good examples of code, not because it will change much to the process.

i will optimize the code as well as possible this evening and you can make it perfect ;)
dcz wrote: Then, it's not this obvious smartor comment are good to index for everyone, because some site barely do not use them, and anyway, this is not where the best search able content is to be found, but, I am sure some project would benefit such pluggin ;)

++

what do you think about integrating calpro?

//edit: i modified the files. ('postgresql' and 'oracle' ? no idea :?: )

moltra

Post by moltra »

I installed this mod on my site http://www.automationweb.info and I got the following error

General Error
Failed to update Google sitemap configuration

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'config_name' in 'where clause'

UPDATE phpbb_ggsitemap_config SET config_value = '200' WHERE config_name = ''

Line : 141
File : admin_mx_ggsitemap.php

Any and all help would be appreciated

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”