[BETA] Restrict Username

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
zilko

Post by zilko » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Anxiously waiting. I'm on the verge of adding Mediawiki to my site and per instructions this mod is useful in preventing certain annoyances between phpBB and Mediawiki.
P-)

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:45 pm

:lol: Even more pressure now! It's almost at the top of my "to-do" list. :wink:

Best regards,
Wolf

Dagon

Post by Dagon » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:18 pm

I am looking at it for a very similar reason.

I have the LifeType blog software integrated with phpbb. I have it setup in such a way that when a user creates a blog, they can acess it by gonig to http://username.domain.com. But as you can imagine, that means the the username shouldn't have things in it that are not valid for use in URLs. :)

This mod would solve this problem for me by creating usernames that are always URL compliant. :)

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:33 pm

Dagon wrote: I am looking at it for a very similar reason.

This mod would solve this problem for me by creating usernames that are always URL compliant. :)

Yes it would. :wink:

Best regards,
Wolf

Fridge
Name: Martin

Post by Fridge » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:55 pm

Hi Wo1f

I've heard about this mod on the dutch phpbb support board and after installing it on my test/demo board i can only say GREAT :D

After reading this topic i would like to ask if this mod is still under development and is there a chance there will be a new release in the near future ?

TRaSH

Post by TRaSH » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:02 pm

i also think this would be a great mod.
i like the option you can disable spaces in nick names and some of the other features it has.
i really hope this mod will be continued devolping.

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:17 am

Hi Fridge65,
Fridge65 wrote: Hi Wo1f

I've heard about this mod on the dutch phpbb support board and after installing it on my test/demo board i can only say GREAT :D

After reading this topic i would like to ask if this mod is still under development and is there a chance there will be a new release in the near future ?

It is still under review to optimize the code (development is done with for now) and yes there will be a release in the near future (a final BETA before submitting to the MODs db). :wink:

Best regards,
Wolf

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:19 am

Hi TRaSH,
TRaSH wrote: i also think this would be a great mod.
i like the option you can disable spaces in nick names and some of the other features it has.
i really hope this mod will be continued devolping.

And thank you for your encouragement. As per above reply, there will be a release soon.

Best regards,
Wolf :wink:

Fridge

Post by Fridge » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:24 am

Wo1f wrote: It is still under review to optimize the code (development is done with for now) and yes there will be a release in the near future (a final BETA before submitting to the MODs db). :wink:

I will keep watching this topic and wait for the long awaited version 1.1.7 8)

Thnx for the reply :D

Fridge

Post by Fridge » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi Wo1f

Uhh...i don't want to be impatient (i'm actually a little bit but don't want to show it :D) but is there any progress ?

Like i said before, installed the current version on my demo board and i think this mod rocks Image
Like to implement it on my live board and don't want to do a difficult upgrade to 1.1.7 when i don't need to.

Best regards,
Fridge

ZombieSlayer

Post by ZombieSlayer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:05 pm

Well let's add some pressure here :twisted:

I'm eagerly awaiting this MOD so I can add it to the board I'm building for an online gaming community (UT 2004 not gambling :p ).

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry about the delay in replying. I din't get notified for some reason. Yes, expect some results very soon. I've been finally polishing off User Shield v1.4.2 which is just about ready, and then it's polishing time for Restrict Username. I do have more time to dedicate to this, and it is being put to good use.

Hang in there.

Regards,
Wolf 8)

Fridge

Post by Fridge » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:27 pm

I did't get (strangely enough) a pm either that there was a new message in this topic, in fact i don't get any pm's at all of my subscribed topics :?

Anyway....glad to hear that you have not forgotten this topic/mod Image

Fridge

Re: [BETA] Restrict Username

Post by Fridge » Wed May 16, 2007 11:01 am

@Wo1f

Is there any progress with a next release ?
I don't mind waiting for it of course because i think this is a great mod.

I'm thinking about it to use the current version on my live board so i installed it yesterday again on my test board, seems to work like a charm except for one small thing.

During registration the little counter to restrict a username doesn't do anything, i have limited the number of characters to 15 and the counter stays that way, restriction works fine by the way.
In the User profile the counter works fine.

Does it supposed to work like that or did i make a mistake somewhere (probably in usercp_register.php or profile_add_body.tpl)

Profile (ACP):

Regards,
Fridge

Wo1f

Re: [BETA] Restrict Username

Post by Wo1f » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi Fridge,
Fridge wrote:Is there any progress with a next release ?
Yes, but I am no longer in a position to continue development and support. phpBB3 has a "toned-down" version very similar (feature-wise) to Restrict Username, and will be available very soon.

Fridge wrote:During registration the little counter to restrict a username doesn't do anything, i have limited the number of characters to 15 and the counter stays that way, restriction works fine by the way.
In the User profile the counter works fine.
Recheck your edits carefully. ;)

Best regards,
Wolf

Note: Good luck to all! 8-)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”