[BETA] Flash Movie/Video MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
christhatsme

[BETA] Flash Movie/Video MOD

Post by christhatsme » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:36 pm

MOD Title: Flash Video/Movie MOD
MOD Description: Allows you to add flash and windows media movies via the ACP. These are then displayed catorgised on a user side page. The movie is then embedded into a "View Movie" page.
MOD Version: 0.8.0

MOD Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?i4jizzz2bzi

phpBB3 Topic: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=544079

Up Coming features
- Admin configureable page pagnition

Please post any surgestions and bug reports here.

Thanks

Chris
Last edited by christhatsme on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 21 times in total.
All MOD downloads should be back now - Sorry for that and serious lack of support! - If anyone wants to take over or help with any of my MODs the offer would be apreciated as I have little time for phpBB Modding recently!

Again very sorry for not supporting these MODs recently.

christhatsme

Post by christhatsme » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:01 pm

as i thought, not much intrest :lol: (yet :?: )
All MOD downloads should be back now - Sorry for that and serious lack of support! - If anyone wants to take over or help with any of my MODs the offer would be apreciated as I have little time for phpBB Modding recently!

pumarjr

Post by pumarjr » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:24 am

i'm definately intersted in this mod, the mod that i'm truly after is a flash mod written for 2.0.19 to enable me to use flash signatures in my forums, and i do know about the potential for hackers to gain control via cookies, but i really want to use my flash signatures, if you can write this or point me in the right direction, i would be greatful.
so thank you in advance for your time.

http://www.socomzfinest.com/forum/index.php

W|-|IPPY

Post by W|-|IPPY » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:15 am

Well consider me interested.

Kilsally

Post by Kilsally » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:12 pm

If this plays flv flash movie files as well as swf then I am definitely interested.

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:30 pm

I'm intrested...This would be cool. I have Movies catagory in my Aarcade MOD, but this would seperate my movies from my games.. If I understood the first post right. :)

christhatsme

Post by christhatsme » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:01 am

pumarjr wrote: i'm definately intersted in this mod, the mod that i'm truly after is a flash mod written for 2.0.19 to enable me to use flash signatures in my forums, and i do know about the potential for hackers to gain control via cookies, but i really want to use my flash signatures, if you can write this or point me in the right direction, i would be greatful.
so thank you in advance for your time.

http://www.socomzfinest.com/forum/index.php

a flash bbcode mod would do it, i won't right an exploit though (there is probebly a way without a security hole, but don't know how)
Kilsally wrote: If this plays flv flash movie files as well as swf then I am definitely interested.

If you can embed them like any other flash movie, it indeed will (to embed mpgs etc instead of flash, only takes basic html knowledge to alter the template)
Peter77sx wrote: Indeed you did

pumarjr

Post by pumarjr » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:45 pm

the only problem with the bbcode is that it is not compatible with 2.0.19

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:02 pm

Great :)

pumarjr wrote:
the only problem with the bbcode is that it is not compatible with 2.0.19

Flash does work on my 2.0.19 with the this BBcode MOD. you might not have to install the whole thing, just the Flash part.
http://www.hvmdesign.com/mods/bbcode_box.php

oc5iD

Post by oc5iD » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:54 am

the mod that i'm truly after is a flash mod written for 2.0.19 to enable me to use flash signatures in my forums

Try this modFlash Signatures

To the mod in question: there is many mods that allow you to upload movie files via the ACP. The Online Music Mod for example allows you to upload all formats of media...

Also this one for the album mod also allows you to upload some video formats to smartor album mod..

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:00 am

Woooooow!!!Very nice MOD. Im soo going to get it!!

Bro good job 8)
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:46 am

[quote="oc5iD"][quote]
quote]

MOM is an outdated and abandoned MOD . plus I am not intrested in mods from phpbb-mods dot com :)

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:04 am

Will you contionue working on this MOD?
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

pumarjr

Post by pumarjr » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:04 am

i added your mod, but still can't figure out how to make it work? what is the value of the string? how do i input my link to my sig? [flash][/flash]? or what?

christhatsme

Post by christhatsme » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:11 am

that is not my MOD, nor should it be supported in this topic, ask in its topic.

I will continue working on this MOD. I suspect the first release will be by Sunday, as i need to finish of My Content Management System First Release.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”