[BETA] Ultimate Quiz MOD v1.3.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
abramelin

Post by abramelin » Fri May 19, 2006 12:53 pm

is there a way to clean the high scores table?

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Fri May 19, 2006 1:03 pm

Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D

aleams

Post by aleams » Wed May 24, 2006 8:56 am

So I assume you haven't finished with the development of ultimate quiz 1.30 becaus e I couldn't find anywhere the link to download the mod.

I have a request. I am planning to use the quiz mod to give a real quiz to my student. But I want some feature that for now is not available in 1.20 version.

1) I want to set level of mastery. Before the student reach this level, they should take the quiz again. So the consequence is that the score is not saved and the student should be inform that they shoul retake the quiz.

2) I want only the student himself who see his/her score, but after some thought maybe I should ask this the the Cash Mod author.

DRIFTPIG

Post by DRIFTPIG » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:55 am

I have installed this on my board and have a problem with the admin panel.
Warning: file(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/phpbb/admin/admin_quiz.php on line 380

Warning: file(http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz_latest.txt): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/phpbb/admin/admin_quiz.php on line 380

any ideas? i presume thts the cause of my major problem which is it when i go through the ACP and set it up, i check the boxes i want checked etc, then press submit, all seems fine, but if i go back into ACP all the boxes are unchecked again. any ideas?

halifax--lad

Post by halifax--lad » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:19 pm

I get hacking attempt any time I go to submit the results for a test to see if they are correct any ideas how to solve this

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:59 am

halifax--lad wrote: I get hacking attempt any time I go to submit the results for a test to see if they are correct any ideas how to solve this

It's being investigated.

Doctor Love

Hacking Attempt Error

Post by Doctor Love » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:24 pm

I too get a blank white page with "Hacking Attempt" in the upper left hand corner of the page.

Everthing else works WELL, and the error only occurs when the "Submit Button" is clicked after taking a test (both registered and administrators get the same error); this occurs in True & False, and Multiple Choice (didn't try the other one).

Running UQM 1.2.0 on Subsilver on phpBB version 2.0.21 withOUT Cash mod activated.

I'll try to find the problem right along with you, but no guarantees. I'll report back if I can locate it. Hope you find it first!

PS. I just discovered that IF I do NOT answer any questions at all, and I click the "Submit Button" THEN it works. Of course you get a lousy ZERO score, but at least it indicates more as to where the problem is located.
Aleichem Shalom,

Doctor Love

Doctor Love

Hacking Attempt Error

Post by Doctor Love » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:32 pm

Is this the problem ?
$quiz_question = smilies_pass(bbencode_second_pass($quiz_data['quiz_question'], ''));
$quiz_question_id = $quiz_data['question_id'];
$quiz_answer = $quiz_data['quiz_answer']; // May be turned into a hidden variable to compare questions and answers.

// This section is nowhere near a working order. Therefore don't use it. Sorry

Guess I'll have to wait for THE CURE. :wink:
Aleichem Shalom,

Doctor Love

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:17 am

I know where the problem lies, I'm just considering the best way to fix it. It wasn't that area Doctor Love :)

Doctor Love

Post by Doctor Love » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:40 am

I removed 1.2.0 and did a complete reinstall of 1.3.0 and was very careful to create a category first, but when I saw those commented out words I just stopped. I agree, I believe it is a security issue conflict with the newest phpBB version(s).

I'll be happy to assist any way that I can.
Aleichem Shalom,

Doctor Love

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:44 am

Doctor Love wrote: I removed 1.2.0 and did a complete reinstall of 1.3.0 and was very careful to create a category first, but when I saw those commented out words I just stopped. I agree, I believe it is a security issue conflict with the newest phpBB version(s).

I'll be happy to assist any way that I can.

Commented out words?

It's not a security issue, it's just a small bug in PHP where it doesn't like POST data being labelled as numbers, so what I will need to do is find all instances of name="1", name="2" etc and include a letter, or change it around a bit.

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:48 am

Doctor Love wrote: I'll be happy to assist any way that I can.

Would you mind testing the next version (which will have the fix)? I am going to work on the fix now, hopefully it won't be too tedious, and it should be available tomorrow :)

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:56 am

battye wrote:
Doctor Love wrote:I'll be happy to assist any way that I can.

Would you mind testing the next version (which will have the fix)? I am going to work on the fix now, hopefully it won't be too tedious, and it should be available tomorrow :)

Wow, it was far easier than I initially thought. PM me if you would like a copy.

Ex0dus

Post by Ex0dus » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:41 am

Sorry if this doesnt belong here (and it likely doesnt) but is there a place to download version 1.0.6 of your quiz mod? Id like to use it to uninstall my old one and then install to 1.3.0. I cant use the updater due to special circumstances, so if anyone could point me to a 1.0.6 download, id be very grateful.

Ive already tried on the cmx sites and via the support email addy given ^_^

-Ex0dus

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:56 pm

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”