[BETA] MPS Community MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
raymasa

Post by raymasa »

Hi Jadestone (and everyone else),

Whats the best way to apply mods for this, is the following ok:

install phpBB
apply profile pic mod
apply friends mod
apply blog mod
apply myspace clone mod

Or is another sequence better?

Thanks,

Ray

raymasa

Post by raymasa »

Deleted .....sorry double post by mistake.

Ray

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Great. 8)

valdez84

Post by valdez84 »

Hi, is it possible to use this mod on a phpwebsite? www.victoryoutreachdublin.com

Hardcopi

Post by Hardcopi »

This is a great mod. I have barely scratched the surface of what modifications I want to make, but I thought I'd share the ideas I have come up with.

A myspace style community page, showing the latest blogs and the latest profiles... (also Integrating the friends search into this page, so that you can do an advanced search)
http://myprofile.scifilog.com

Vanity urls
http://myprofile.scifilog.com/hardcopi
http://blogs.scifilog.com/hardcopi

More as I come up with stuff. Just some ideas for that next version you are working on. I have made a lot of other changes under the hood, but they are just making things a bit neater (removing some of the redundant links to blogs and friends mods in the header, etc)

Rich.

raymasa

Post by raymasa »

Hardcopi wrote: This is a great mod. I have barely scratched the surface of what modifications I want to make, but I thought I'd share the ideas I have come up with.

A myspace style community page, showing the latest blogs and the latest profiles... (also Integrating the friends search into this page, so that you can do an advanced search)
http://myprofile.scifilog.com

Vanity urls
http://myprofile.scifilog.com/hardcopi
http://blogs.scifilog.com/hardcopi

More as I come up with stuff. Just some ideas for that next version you are working on. I have made a lot of other changes under the hood, but they are just making things a bit neater (removing some of the redundant links to blogs and friends mods in the header, etc)

Rich.

Hi Hardcopi,

Nice site. Like the way you have used the mod...very neat.

Ray

lancxeon

uhhh

Post by lancxeon »

PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM

Other users can delete other users bullitiens, this needs a fix. like now.

found it

Re: uhhh

Post by found it »

lancxeon wrote: PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM

Other users can delete other users bullitiens, this needs a fix. like now.

Please be aware this is BETA software and should never really be used on a live site....

The whole point of beta is to report bugs so the mod author can fix them......if you place a beta mod on to your live site it is at your own risk...

:twisted: :twisted:

lancxeon

yea

Post by lancxeon »

that is true, but i fixed most all of the other problems, this is the only one hat remains.. lol

lcwalters

MySpace Mod Compatability Questions

Post by lcwalters »

I have a couple questions about your MySpace Mod. I am running phpBB version 2.0.21 on my SoulRebelProductions.com website and already have the "BLOG Mod" installed. Questions:

1.) Can I install the "MySpace Mod" if I already have the "BLOG Mod" installed ?
2.) Do I have to separately install the "Friends Mod" prior to installing the "MySpace Mod" ?
3.) Do you know of any issues with the "MySpace mod" and phpBB v2.0.21 ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

- CW

Jadestone

Re: yea

Post by Jadestone »

lancxeon wrote: that is true, but i fixed most all of the other problems, this is the only one hat remains.. lol

would be nice to have a list of problems that you fixed, that way i can make sure they are addressed.

as for the blogs... that isnt my mod that is theblogmods bug. only thing my mod does is pull the info and display it on the profile page. When it gets to managing a blog or viewing one it just redirects to theblogmod files. Make sure you have the latest version.

also fyi, if you are on an admin account you can delete users blogs.... make sure that the account is not an admin that is deleting the users blogs... normal users can not delete other blogs but their own.

lcwalters~ sent u a pm.
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

Glad your back Jadestone 8)

raymasa

Post by raymasa »

Welcome back Jadestone. Hope the move went well.

A questions, what is the best way to install this mod (so that I don’t over write anything):

install phpBB
apply profile pic mod
apply friends mod
apply blog mod
apply myspace clone mod

Or is another sequence better?

Thanks,

Ray

Cleaver95

Post by Cleaver95 »

I just installed this mod. WHen I view a profile which belongs to someone who has created a Myspace Profile, I get the following error message
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare load_bbcode_template() (previously declared in /home/tsodesig/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php:45) in /home/tsodesig/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 43

When editing my profile, if I click "View My Profile" I get the following error message. I also get the following error message if I view somebodys profile who has already created a MP profile.
Warning: main(./includes/weblogs_common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tsodesig/public_html/forum/includes/mps_viewprofile.php on line 68

Warning: main(./includes/weblogs_common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tsodesig/public_html/forum/includes/mps_viewprofile.php on line 68

Warning: main(): Failed opening './includes/weblogs_common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tsodesig/public_html/forum/includes/mps_viewprofile.php on line 68

Warning: main(./includes/functions_weblog.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tsodesig/public_html/forum/includes/mps_viewprofile.php on line 69

Warning: main(./includes/functions_weblog.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tsodesig/public_html/forum/includes/mps_viewprofile.php on line 69

Warning: main(): Failed opening './includes/functions_weblog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tsodesig/public_html/forum/includes/mps_viewprofile.php on line 69

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_auth_level() in /home/tsodesig/public_html/forum/includes/mps_viewprofile.php on line 72

When I click view weblog from the my profile space I get a "Page cannot be found" message.

It may have something to do with the fact that I have XDATA CUSTOM PROFILE FIELDS mod installed. I also have the MOD installed where if you view a profile, you need to first log in if you are not already logged in. Another mod I have installed is the GTalk mod which allows users to contact eachother the same as the msn, aim, icq ext features.

Any help?

Please help

Thanks
Brian[/quote]
Last edited by Cleaver95 on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Cleaver95

Post by Cleaver95 »

someone please help!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”