[BETA] MPS Community MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
User avatar
Jadestone
Registered User
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Juno Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by Jadestone » Thu May 08, 2008 2:06 am

Lord Crawford wrote:Any mod like these for phpb3?
....
Jadestone wrote:new update pushed out.

this will not work for phpbb3, that is an entire new system i am working on, no clue yet when i will have a demo out

new update just released for phpbb2
updated first post
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

User avatar
Jadestone
Registered User
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Juno Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by Jadestone » Wed May 14, 2008 11:08 pm

new update pushed out. Updated first post
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

roger484
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:12 pm

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by roger484 » Fri May 16, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi,

I'm in the process of updating from MPS v0.3.1 to v1.0.0a, however there is an error:
SQL Error : 1146 Table 'phpbb_mps_top_friendlist' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_mps_top_friendlist WHERE user_a = 1

Line : 2936
File : mps.php
Any ideas on where this table might be found or how to create it?

Any help would be much appreciated,
Roger

roger484
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:12 pm

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by roger484 » Sat May 17, 2008 4:37 pm

False alarm, managed to fix it myself in the end. I assume I made a mistake when installing the updates but I managed to figure out how to update the database manually. Fantastic work Mr Jadestone, will consider a donation just as soon as I can afford to!

rby
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 8:05 am

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by rby » Wed May 21, 2008 8:24 am

has anybody checked possible sollutions to integrate myspace profiles in our phpbb profile/MPS ?
There are some APIs. Maybe there are some interesting ones?!

http://developer.myspace.com/community/

interesting things:
*myspace gallery import
*maybe a gateway for contacts/guestbook
...

jazzking2001
Registered User
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:10 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by jazzking2001 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:39 pm

i hope that this will b on phpbb3
Neocrisis.com- What will you find next

Lord Crawford
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 4:05 am

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by Lord Crawford » Sun May 25, 2008 8:46 pm

jazzking2001 wrote:i hope that this will b on phpbb3
Me too...

jazzking2001
Registered User
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:10 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by jazzking2001 » Sun May 25, 2008 9:31 pm

Lord Crawford wrote:
jazzking2001 wrote:i hope that this will b on phpbb3
Me too...
i think most people feel that way
but i dont think it will be done any time soon thou
Neocrisis.com- What will you find next

User avatar
Jadestone
Registered User
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Juno Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by Jadestone » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:40 am

new update released, updated first post.

I am working on phpbb3, the fact is, i do not know phpbb3 as well as i do phpbb2, now i could release a version of MPS for phpbb3 but then there will be a recode not in the far future of it. I am taking my time, i am sorry if that is a problem but i would rather have this done properly, since i have learned so much of how phpbb2 works while developing MPS i was making the system do things that phpbb already had integrated.

I am working on phpbb3, i am just making sure that it is done properly and up to my par. :ugeek:
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

jazzking2001
Registered User
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:10 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by jazzking2001 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:52 am

Jadestone wrote:new update released, updated first post.

I am working on phpbb3, the fact is, i do not know phpbb3 as well as i do phpbb2, now i could release a version of MPS for phpbb3 but then there will be a recode not in the far future of it. I am taking my time, i am sorry if that is a problem but i would rather have this done properly, since i have learned so much of how phpbb2 works while developing MPS i was making the system do things that phpbb already had integrated.

I am working on phpbb3, i am just making sure that it is done properly and up to my par. :ugeek:
weeeeeeeeeeeeee
well you make a good point
just cant wait for it
Neocrisis.com- What will you find next

wwwTHOMASBAUERattf
Registered User
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by wwwTHOMASBAUERattf » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:37 am

i have a problem with this in the installation:

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
	FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . USERS_TABLE . " u, " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " pt
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#		
# If you have other MODs installed this might be a little different. What you need to do:
#  - just make sure that there is a ( after from and before the "
#  - Make sure that , " . USERS_TABLE . " u is the last table in the From clause (this is needed for the LEFT JOIN to work properly)
#
	FROM ( " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " pt, " . USERS_TABLE . " u
	   LEFT JOIN " . MPS_TABLE . " m ON u.user_id = m.mps_id )
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
my code in the viewtopic.php looks like so:

Code: Select all

	FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . USERS_TABLE . " u LEFT JOIN " . MAP_MOD_USER_TABLE . " m ON u.user_id=m.user_id, " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " pt
	WHERE p.topic_id = $topic_id
how must it change?

2nd problem:
I want to see my normal profil:
when i click to the profil of a user i see the new mps-profile

but i want to see the normal profil... and the mps-profile should display on another side.

and when i click on a profil, to an user how has not an mps-profile, i see only a white screen...??

how can i make that?

User avatar
DynoGT
Registered User
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by DynoGT » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:33 pm

When posting a comment for a friend, I get this message. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?
No Query

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'comment_date' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO phpbb_mps_friends_comments (from_id, to_id, comment, comment_date, status, new_status, bbcode_uid) VALUES (2, 17, 'this is just a test message (I had to test it on someone I knew)',1214777723, '1', '1', 'c686baac7f')

Line : 52
File : snw_comment.php

User avatar
Jadestone
Registered User
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Juno Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by Jadestone » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:14 pm

wwwTHOMASBAUERattf wrote:i have a problem with this in the installation:

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
	FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . USERS_TABLE . " u, " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " pt
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#		
# If you have other MODs installed this might be a little different. What you need to do:
#  - just make sure that there is a ( after from and before the "
#  - Make sure that , " . USERS_TABLE . " u is the last table in the From clause (this is needed for the LEFT JOIN to work properly)
#
	FROM ( " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " pt, " . USERS_TABLE . " u
	   LEFT JOIN " . MPS_TABLE . " m ON u.user_id = m.mps_id )
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
my code in the viewtopic.php looks like so:

Code: Select all

	FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . USERS_TABLE . " u LEFT JOIN " . MAP_MOD_USER_TABLE . " m ON u.user_id=m.user_id, " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " pt
	WHERE p.topic_id = $topic_id
how must it change?

2nd problem:
I want to see my normal profil:
when i click to the profil of a user i see the new mps-profile

but i want to see the normal profil... and the mps-profile should display on another side.

and when i click on a profil, to an user how has not an mps-profile, i see only a white screen...??

how can i make that?
I addressed your posts on my site about this so please check my responses there ;)
DynoGT wrote:When posting a comment for a friend, I get this message. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?
No Query

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'comment_date' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO phpbb_mps_friends_comments (from_id, to_id, comment, comment_date, status, new_status, bbcode_uid) VALUES (2, 17, 'this is just a test message (I had to test it on someone I knew)',1214777723, '1', '1', 'c686baac7f')

Line : 52
File : snw_comment.php
there seems to be a db update missing. what version of MPS are you running?

anyways, the sql to fix this woudl be

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_mps_friends_comments` ADD `comment_date` int(11) NOT NULL ;
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

wwwTHOMASBAUERattf
Registered User
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by wwwTHOMASBAUERattf » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:56 am

maked in ACP in Detailed Interests an new category named "active sports". i maked selections with lot of sports and now in the "http://bauerthomas.ba.funpic.de/Forum/m ... de=addform" the site is goes very very very broad
i had looked in the mps_edit_body.tpl to solve the problem. but i have not found the remedy.
i think that is for all of the "Detailed User Information":
{MPS_PROFILE_ADD}
but where can i change the broadness...?

for testing:
http://bauerthomas.ba.funpic.de/Forum/mps.php

user:
phpbb
pw:
phpbb

User avatar
DynoGT
Registered User
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

Re: [BETA] MPS Community MOD

Post by DynoGT » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:15 am

Thanks J. I know I'm a little late with my response, but wanted to show my appreciation anyway. Just one more question about the latest version.. how can I keep the 'friends' pop-up from showing after login?

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests