[BETA] MPS Community MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
dougle

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by dougle »

This sounds like a great MOD if all goes well, but i don't want to go ruining the Profiles if i start tampering with it.

Is it an easy MOD to install?

Do you need template edits for Aphrodite/MC?

Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

OUTLAWRIDAZ wrote: No, Im trying to intall the profile photo mod, but it's telling me to edit anguage/lang_english/lang_profilephoto.php, which I don't have and is not included with the mod.

the is a contrib for profile pic mod. you have to have that installed first before you do the admin control for it...

dougle wrote: This sounds like a great MOD if all goes well, but i don't want to go ruining the Profiles if i start tampering with it.

Is it an easy MOD to install?

Do you need template edits for Aphrodite/MC?

It is easymod compliant on a vanilla forums... as for the theme you are using.... good luck.. lol that theme and morpheus are a pain to edit the css on. i was playing with it for awhile but gave up because i didnt have the time to spend on it. I am trying to fix the css issue in v.0.4.0. That is still aways away. i have a few more small bugs to fix in this release and i plan to have them fixed shortly. As for the tpl edits in the install... you will neeed to go back thru the tpl files and make sure the changes have taken place. Also check phpbbstyles website as how to modify the tpl top keep the themes appearence for all the included tpl files in MPS. Honestly it will be a big job going thru the tpl`s to edit them to work with that theme because of the way they call the theme styles. Good luck on it tho. ;-)
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

thedahaka88

Post by thedahaka88 »

is it possible to have a view album link on the profile mps.php page?

and in FF the profiles stretch, the banner i use is fixed so when i look at it in FF the banner stretchs and repeats and looks RLY bad, works fine in IE tho, anyway to fix this?

www.ntech-designs.net

oacblack

Post by oacblack »

Okay I wanted to do something. Maybe someone could help me out with a way to do it. I am sure it is just a few simple lines of code. In the user mps edit profile mode i want to have an upload pictures link right under the edit profile link. I use FAP and I want this to take the user to "your personal gallery" link so if they don't have a personal gallery it gives them the option of creating one. I get the most pm's asking "how do I upload pictures to my profile" lol I want to eliminate answering 4 of those a day if possible.

Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

thedahaka88 wrote: is it possible to have a view album link on the profile mps.php page?

and in FF the profiles stretch, the banner i use is fixed so when i look at it in FF the banner stretchs and repeats and looks RLY bad, works fine in IE tho, anyway to fix this?

http://www.ntech-designs.net

What resolution are you set to? it looks fine in my FF.
as for the link.... i`ll see if i can get that in v.0.4.0
oacblack wrote: Okay I wanted to do something. Maybe someone could help me out with a way to do it. I am sure it is just a few simple lines of code. In the user mps edit profile mode i want to have an upload pictures link right under the edit profile link. I use FAP and I want this to take the user to "your personal gallery" link so if they don't have a personal gallery it gives them the option of creating one. I get the most pm's asking "how do I upload pictures to my profile" lol I want to eliminate answering 4 of those a day if possible.

i just finished the update for v0.3.0e so this will have to wait till version 0.4.0. If someone else finds the code for it, let me know, will save me some time ;)

also FYI v.0.3.0e has been released on my site. I also updated 1st post with the new release

Arcanjo

Post by Arcanjo »

Hi

I have done something like that for the Supercharged Album Pack.. it only needs a few changes because FAP is a litle bit diferent...but it can be done

see here: http://mpsmod.com/viewtopic.php?t=593

Arcanjo

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Hi again Jadestone,

I apologise if this has already been asked, I went through about the first 30 pages and then gave up looking for a mention lol.

Is it possible to add the modifications for the default profile page of PHPBB to the MPS one? On our forum we have numerous mods installed such as cash mod, bank mod, virtual life mod etc. and they all have their own little fields in each person's default profile listing various stats etc.

I noticed the "Forum Stats" section of MPS is practically empty and have assumed maybe this section was for that kind of information to be added?

If so, what is the correct way to add the extra fields for other mods? I have tried copying and pasting them directly from profile_view_body.tpl into mps_forum_stats.tpl but most of them did not work and have just left bank spots as such:
Total posts: 11531
[9.11% of total / 23.63 posts per day]
Find all posts by RedTrinity
Posts this month:
:
Jobs:

All of these above mods have data on the right side of each in default profile, but they aren't appearing for the MPS.

Any support would be appreciated :D

kouhi

Post by kouhi »

problem with the Profile Photo Hack. I have that installed but it wont upload the photo even though I have allowed 400 x 400 and put the size limit to 10000. I hace checked the chmod a thopusand time and set it all to 777 but it still wont work, running phpbb 2.0.22

Anbu Dragon

Post by Anbu Dragon »

Getting an error when I try to send a private message.
Here is the error:

Code: Select all

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Cool, just upgraded...

There seems to be a limit to the amount of text that I can make as an admin annoucnemnt? I dont remember ever having a problem with this.. hmm. But Is there a way I can make it more then say... 255 characters?

Thanks!

Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

RedTrinity~ it is possbile, as a simple rule of thumb make sure that all the Variables that are called in the template are in the mps_viewprofile.php file as well. so if you are calling {SOME_INFO} you also have 'SOME_INFO' defined in mps_viewprofile.php

kouhi~ that is a profile photo bug, double check your installation, i would have to say that there was a error somewhere during installation.

Anbu Dragon ~ this is a server setting not an MPS bug. Are you using easyphp as your testing server or is this you main server you are using? either way its a server setting. also since that is in a private message that shouldnt have anything to do with MPS at all.

Peter77sx ~ actually this has been an issue since the start if i remember correctly. I will make a note to fix this in v0.4.0. the problem is in the phpbb_config table, i have mps_admin_announcement... that will only allow an x ammount of info per config_name. The way i am going to fix that is to create a new table just for the admin announcement and have to do a lil recode in the mps.php file as well as the admin announcement file.

Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

Update v0.3.1 is released.

update includes:
- Fix for Admin Announcement (got rid of character limit)
- Fix for comment length on MPS main page
- Fix bug with friendslist (add link to username)
- Add Gender to MPS search
- Added links to comments page for auto add comments

I wanted to release this now because it will be awhile before v0.4.0 is released.

Click here for Updates

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Jadestone wrote: RedTrinity~ it is possbile, as a simple rule of thumb make sure that all the Variables that are called in the template are in the mps_viewprofile.php file as well. so if you are calling {SOME_INFO} you also have 'SOME_INFO' defined in mps_viewprofile.php

Thanks for that Jadestone, I have worked out from your advice that the majority of the edits for the profile mods are the ones used in includes/usercp_viewprofile.php - if these edits are added to includes/mps_viewprofile.php then they work :D

I have had probs with a couple of the mods appearing though, the Birthday, Rabbitoshi, Virtual Life and Democracy mods in particular.

I can live without most of the profile info for these mods, but would it be possible that I could please get some assistance with getting the Democracy mod working with MPS? Reason being is that all the controls for this particular mod (to set warnings, bans etc) are done from member's profiles, and if they have an MPS profile then moderators and admin are unable to set warnings anymore.

Here are the edits for that mod for usercp_viewprofile.php:

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
if ( empty($HTTP_GET_VARS[POST_USERS_URL]) || $HTTP_GET_VARS[POST_USERS_URL] == ANONYMOUS )

#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
if ($board_config['warnings_enabled'] || $board_config['reputation_enabled'])
{
	include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_reputation.' . $phpEx);
}

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
	$u_search_author = urlencode(str_replace(array('&', ''', '"', '<', '>'), array('&', "'", '"', '<', '>'), $profiledata['username']));
}

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
/////democracy///////////////////
if ($board_config['warnings_enabled'] || $board_config['reputation_enabled'])
{
	$is_auth = reputation_auth(NO_ID, $userdata, $profiledata);

if ($board_config['warnings_enabled'] && $is_auth['auth_view_warns'] && !$is_auth['no_warn'])
	{
		$banned = user_banned($profiledata['user_id']);

$template->assign_block_vars('warnings', ($banned ? array() : reputation_buttons_tpl($profiledata, $is_auth, false, true)) + array(
			'L_WARNINGS' => $lang['Warnings'],
			'WARNINGS' => reputation_warnings($profiledata, $banned, 'text', false),
		));

if ($profiledata['user_warnings'])
		{
			$template->assign_block_vars('warnings.details', array(
				'U_SEARCH' => append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=warnings&" . POST_USERS_URL . '=' . $profiledata['user_id']),
				'L_SEARCH' => sprintf($lang['reputation_search_warnings'], $profiledata['username']),
			));
		}

if ($profiledata['user_warnings_total'] + $profiledata['user_bans_total'] > $profiledata['user_warnings'])
		{
			$warnings_expired = $profiledata['user_warnings_total'] - $profiledata['user_warnings'] + intval($banned);
			$bans_expired = $profiledata['user_bans_total'] - intval($banned);
			$template->assign_block_vars('warnings.expired', array(
				'L_EXPIRED' => sprintf($lang['reputation_expired_details'], $warnings_expired, $bans_expired),
				'U_SEARCH' => append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=expired&" . POST_USERS_URL . '=' . $profiledata['user_id']),
				'L_SEARCH' => sprintf($lang['reputation_search_expired'], $profiledata['username']),
			));
		}
	}
	if ($board_config['reputation_enabled'] && $is_auth['auth_view_rep'] && !$is_auth['no_rep'])
	{
		$template->assign_block_vars('reputation', reputation_buttons_tpl($profiledata, $is_auth, true, false) + array(
			'L_REPUTATION' => $lang['Reputation'],
			'U_VIEW_REPUTATION' => append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=reputation&" . POST_USERS_URL . '=' . $profiledata['user_id']),
			'REPUTATION' => reputation_display($profiledata, $board_config['reputation_display'], false),
		));

if ($board_config['reputation_giving'])
		{
			$template->assign_block_vars('reputation.power', array('L_POWER' => sprintf($lang['reputation_giving_power'], reputation_giving_power($profiledata))));
		}

if ($board_config['reputation_auto_data'])
		{
			if ($bonuses = reputation_bonuses_tpl($profiledata, true))
			{
				$template->assign_block_vars('reputation.bonuses', array(
					'L_INCLUDING' => $lang['reputation_including']
				));
				foreach ($bonuses as $bonus)
				{
					$template->assign_block_vars('reputation.bonuses.list', $bonus);
				}
			}
		}

if ($profiledata['user_has_reviews'])
		{
			$template->assign_block_vars('reputation.details', array(
				'U_SEARCH' => append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=reputation&" . POST_USERS_URL . '=' . $profiledata['user_id']),
				'L_SEARCH' => sprintf($lang['reputation_search_reputation'], $profiledata['username']),
			));
		}
	}
}
///////////////////////////////////
The main issue I had was with the first edit, as the line doesn't exist in mps_viewprofile.php that it is asking for.

I understand that because this is an exceptional request that I may not get a solution, but thought it was worth an ask as this mod is the only one from the original member profiles that we really need converted over to MPS.

Let me know anyway and thanks in advance for any assistance with this :D

Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

better yet, send me the link to the MOD and ill go ahead and integrate it into MPS, it shouldn`t take me long to do it... hopefully

This will give me a lil break between updates.

as for the first line, thats not important, in the find since the code you are adding is an includes file.
just make sure that is after the session check and before any modes

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

I did try a couple of alternatives with the first edit line... looked up where the line in question appeared in usercp_profile.php in comparison to mps_profile.php and placed the code in the somewhat same area, but this resulted in a blank page every time.

Here is the link to the Democracy mod anyway: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=289721

Look forward to seeing the result of the integration, our members are just loving the MPS and you have done a fantastic job with it :D

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”