[BETA] MPS Community MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
kouhi
Registered User
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:08 am

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by kouhi » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:11 am

This is a great mod when you get it to work, with mine I had to edit how the template used the css and now it works fine, currently I only have the gallery hack installed, rest will come at a later date. For a demo of this working live visit http://anitaria.com/snaffu/profile.php? ... rofile&u=2

User avatar
Jadestone
Registered User
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Juno Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by Jadestone » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:07 pm

RedTrinity - I`ll work on that when i get a chance.

kouhi - with any theme that is not subsilver you will have to edit the css to work with the theme. i plan to resolve this with up comming updates
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

LucidLiquid
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:37 am
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by LucidLiquid » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:24 am

you would not happen to have pre-mod files available for phpbb 2.0.22?

because its such a large install....people might have a better chance of installing if they were given the option to overight their existing files(clean phpbb board)

User avatar
Jadestone
Registered User
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Juno Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by Jadestone » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:05 pm

as of right now i do not offer any premodded files. If you are using a vanilla version of phpbb and then you install easymod, you can easily run the update thru easymod and you wont have a problem.

I write all my updates to be easymod compliant with the latest version of phpBB that is out at the release of the update. The same goes for my fresh installs as well.

I will see about going ahead and creating a premodded folder as well in the fresh install. i think that is actually a good idea, i wont do this until my next release tho, i have quite a bit on my plate right now so i`ll worry about that later.
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

LucidLiquid
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:37 am
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by LucidLiquid » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:58 am

no prob for me....i took the time to mod it into my forum :D...felt kinda bad after i asked lol

RedTrinity
Registered User
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 3:32 am

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by RedTrinity » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:52 am

Hi Jadestone,

Sorry to bother you again, but have come across an error with mps_view_friends.php. Here is the error which occurs when you have new friends pending and you click on the 'new friend request' link in your MPS profile page.
Could not query forums information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3

SELECT * FROM phpbb_mps WHERE mps_id =

Line : 81
File : mps_view_friends.php


Have tried uploading a fresh copy of the file but it didn't make a difference :( I apologise btw if this is an issue that has already been addressed, I did do a few searches around but couldn't find anything.

Regards,

RT.

bodeekwa
Registered User
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 9:07 am

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by bodeekwa » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:22 pm

After installing the MPS My Profile Space mod, everything appears fine, but when I click on "My Profile Space" after logging in, the profile that appears is not mine, and each time I click "My Profile Space" it goes to another profile. Sometimes it goes to my profile, but most the time it goes to another profile.

What gives?

User avatar
Jadestone
Registered User
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Juno Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by Jadestone » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:05 am

RedTrinity wrote: Hi Jadestone,

Sorry to bother you again, but have come across an error with mps_view_friends.php. Here is the error which occurs when you have new friends pending and you click on the 'new friend request' link in your MPS profile page.
Could not query forums information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3

SELECT * FROM phpbb_mps WHERE mps_id =

Line : 81
File : mps_view_friends.php


Have tried uploading a fresh copy of the file but it didn't make a difference :( I apologise btw if this is an issue that has already been addressed, I did do a few searches around but couldn't find anything.

Regards,

RT.



This is caused because you have the auto friend enabled and there is no auto friend ID set. there is nothing wrong with the code... i will fix this in the code so this bug won't reappear.
bodeekwa wrote: After installing the MPS My Profile Space mod, everything appears fine, but when I click on "My Profile Space" after logging in, the profile that appears is not mine, and each time I click "My Profile Space" it goes to another profile. Sometimes it goes to my profile, but most the time it goes to another profile.

What gives?


for this send me a link with a test account.
i would suggest you go to my site for support as well, this is a new issue would would indicate an install error somewhere. please send the account info so we can resolve this.
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

RedTrinity
Registered User
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 3:32 am

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by RedTrinity » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:31 am

Jadestone wrote: This is caused because you have the auto friend enabled and there is no auto friend ID set. there is nothing wrong with the code... i will fix this in the code so this bug won't reappear.


I don't have autofriend enabled, I just checked and its switched off :( However regardless of it being switched off, I don't have a designated person set as the "autofriend" either.

User avatar
Jadestone
Registered User
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Juno Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by Jadestone » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:24 pm

the default is 2, are you sure that the sql installe dcorrectly? you must have a value to that field or else you will recieve that error. I do plan to fix that bug as well in the next update
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

bodeekwa
Registered User
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 9:07 am

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by bodeekwa » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:57 pm

When I try to add a friend to my friends list, I get the following error message from the mps_friends.php.

"Could not find email template file :: snw_add
DEBUG MODE
Line : 111
File : emailer.php"


This is what my emailer.php file says aroung line 111:

$template_lang . '/email/' . $template_file . '.tpl';

if (!@file_exists(@phpbb_realpath($tpl_file)))
{
$tpl_file = $phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_' . $board_config['default_lang'] . '/email/' . $template_file . '.tpl';

if (!@file_exists(@phpbb_realpath($tpl_file)))
{
message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not find email template file :: ' . $template_file, '', __LINE__, __FILE__);
}
}

if (!($fd = @fopen($tpl_file, 'r')))
{
message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Failed opening template file :: ' . $tpl_file, '', __LINE__, __FILE__);

User avatar
Jadestone
Registered User
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Juno Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by Jadestone » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:29 pm

upload the file snw_add to your server
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

bodeekwa
Registered User
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 9:07 am

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by bodeekwa » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:11 am

Jadestone wrote: upload the file snw_add to your server


thanks, I must have forgot to upload three files, snw_add.tpl, snw_comment.tpl, and snw_invite.tpl into the language/lang_english/email folder.

I am able to add friends now.

thedahaka88
Registered User
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:45 pm

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by thedahaka88 » Wed May 30, 2007 5:10 pm

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '36' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_mps (mps_id) VALUES ('36')

Line : 781
File : usercp_register.php

i just went to 3.1 i went and downloaded the 3.1 version, then copied over the mps files from the version before it. 3.0.1e i think it was

User avatar
Jadestone
Registered User
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Juno Beach, FL
Contact:

Re: [BETA] Myspace Clone Mod

Post by Jadestone » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:06 pm

thedahaka88 wrote:DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '36' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_mps (mps_id) VALUES ('36')

Line : 781
File : usercp_register.php

i just went to 3.1 i went and downloaded the 3.1 version, then copied over the mps files from the version before it. 3.0.1e i think it was

the error is just saying that the user_id 36 already has an mps profile. this could be due to a couple of reasons.
1. you hit refresh after the register page.
2. you removed the old user_id 36 on a way older version of MPS

did you run the update script? you will need to run the update script from your previous version to update to the latest.
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”