[BETA] Simple Quick Reply 1.9.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Merri

Post by Merri » Thu May 04, 2006 10:32 pm

I've now located and solved the IE6 crashing issue. I'll be updating the ZIP file, though I keep the same version number (1.9.1).

Edit! The ZIP file has been updated. The only change was done to overall_header.tpl

Merri

Post by Merri » Fri May 05, 2006 3:10 am

Okay, 1.9.1 has bugs that make it impossible to install it using EasyMOD. I've been fixing these errors. The biggest problem I have is with CSS: EasyMOD reads ANY line starting with # character as a comment line and anything coming after that is pretty much ignored, until a valid line is found. Now, if I define the element more precisely (ie. form#quickreply) then Internet Explorer starts crashing again! IE6 is really bothersome with the floatbox feature. I'll see if I can skip the problem again, I already fixed it once today...

Merri

Post by Merri » Fri May 05, 2006 12:55 pm

I've now fixed several issues with the newest release:
  • I've tested and fixed the MOD to install with EasyMOD.
  • Floatbox just didn't work well with Internet Explorer 6 and below, causing browser to crash with a 90% of chance, thus the box doesn't float in IE6 and below and it behaves just like normally even if you install floatbox extension.
This release should be overall a stable release. The next release will be a Release Candidate (if I code more extensions) or a Final (if I don't code more extensions).

Merri

Post by Merri » Sun May 07, 2006 4:37 am

On the development forum I have now added a feature to make it possible to move the Quick Reply box around. I've also added a close button. These features become a part of the Floatbox Extension :)

As a note, the code at the dev forum is partly out of date, it still has the code that happily crashes IE6 :roll:

Edit!
Updated the first post to contain a new version for testing that includes the latest changes.

.:eagle:.

Post by .:eagle:. » Sun May 28, 2006 5:46 pm

any news?

Saeru

Post by Saeru » Sun May 28, 2006 9:27 pm

I look forward to this update :3 I for the simple quick reply but was going to switch it out for another that had the smily list..

Can this also have a check box for smilys, and allowing/disableing bbcode/html in post? I'd love for that in a quick reply.

Though I don't like the float box as displayed on your test forum... I rather just have it stay at the bottom of the page.
"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

Merri

Post by Merri » Mon May 29, 2006 5:32 am

Floatbox is optional extension. I haven't done an extension for a smiley box yet, but I've thought about doing it. Adding bbcode/html checkboxes is somewhat easy: only requires editing the template a bit.

mdvaldosta

Post by mdvaldosta » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:54 pm

Real nice mod, installed easily and works perfectly. Question though, there are two form buttons - Preview and Submit. I'd like to add another button for "Advanced" so that users will more easily know they can get more options, and that the quick reply isn't the only way to post.

Here is the code I'm taking about:

Code: Select all

<td class="catBottom" colspan="2" align="center" height="28">
		<input type="hidden" name="attach_sig" value="{S_ATTACH_SIG}" />
		<input type="hidden" name="notify" value="{S_NOTIFY}" />
		<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="reply" />
		<input type="hidden" name="sid" value="{S_SID}" />
		<input type="hidden" name="t" value="{S_TOPIC_ID}" />
		<input type="submit" name="preview" class="mainoption" value="{L_PREVIEW}" />&nbsp;<input type="submit" accesskey="s" name="post" class="mainoption" value="{L_SUBMIT}" />
	</td>
So, how could I add a form button that basically just pushes reply for them? I can't figure it out. It should be pretty simple for those that know form html:

Merri

Post by Merri » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:04 am

Try this, I haven't tested it but it might work:

Code: Select all

<input type="submit" class="mainoption" value="Advanced" />
A more complete modification would include adding L_ADVANCED language variable to near the end of viewtopic.php and add a new language variable to language files (lang_main). Might be an overkill in your case.

But it does make me consider including the variable as an option so adding the button would be more or less easy.

mdvaldosta

Post by mdvaldosta » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:48 am

It works, but requires something to be put into the textbox first.. then whatever you put get's erased when you do go advanced.

Merri

Post by Merri » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:21 am

I guess then you could just rename the Preview button to Advanced / Preview or similar.

pong38

Post by pong38 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:10 pm

Is there any news about this mod regarding the problems with IE6 ?

My "fans" are dying to have this mod running for IE6 :D

Merri

Post by Merri » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:19 pm

Sorry, IE has serious issues with the floating box that it is 100% impossible to make it work without rewriting the entire template (should remove/replace all <select> tags). Also, IE6 is very unstable, it is very very hard to make it work without a crash.

I really tried to get it to work, but it just was too big of a challenge. The only way to have it is to use Firefox, Opera, Konqueror or Safari (afaik it works with these latter two as well).

The basics work perfectly fine within IE6, of course. Just can't have the floating box feature.

pong38

Post by pong38 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:05 pm

Nice mod.

I have implemented it into my forum http://www.euroswapper.com/forum/index.php

But I might have found a small bug.

Having "English" as a default forum language I can selected smileys.
Whenever I choose a different forum language the link to the smileys does not appear.

Merri

Post by Merri » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:39 am

For whatever reason, the language strings didn't get installed on other languages. In my tests it worked, so it might be some or all other of the language files have an invalid footer area (where it should read something like // That's all, folks!)

Just take a look at language/lang_english/lang_main.php, scroll to the bottom and you'll see a line // Quick Reply MOD. Copy that and the three lines below to the other languages (and translate, if possible) :)

Guess I'll have to refine the MOD routine to work better with whatever it gets.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”