[RC1] Geocator's Feedback Ratings MOD (eBay Style)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Malakai2112

[RC1] Geocator's Feedback Ratings MOD (eBay Style)

Post by Malakai2112 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:52 am

MOD Title: Geocator's Feedback Rating System (eBay Style)
MOD Description: Allows Members to post topics in a Sale/Trade Forum and leave feedback once the Transaction has been Finalized. User feedback is displayed similar to eBay's style. Positive/Neutral/Negative.

MOD Version: 1.2.4
MOD Author: Malakai2112 (Current)
MOD Author: geocator (Creator)

Original Thread: Feedback Rating (eBay)

MOD Download:
ZIP File
MOD File

Upgrade: From Beta v0.2.3 Instructions
Fixes: Files downloaded prior to date below have been updated.
Fixed_Feedback_Unfinalize.zip 4/13/06
Fixed_feedback_search.zip 4/13/06

MOD File Last Stable version: 1.2.4

Demo Board: Test Feedback Ratings
Demo Username: Test
Demo Password: test

Progress:
|||||||||| -- 100%!

Known Issues/Bugs:
None
The included installer did not work when tested with MSSQL it fails to build any databases I am working on this I have manually made the tables but when I did I got the error:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for sql_fetchfield() in forum\db\mssql.php on line 334

In \db\mysql.php $query_id is missing a value (it should default to 0 but does not fixing this line solved my error message........

Code:
function sql_fetchfield($field, $row = -1, $query_id = 0)
This is an error in PHPBB

Note: Site is running latest PHPBB 2.0.20 and MOD was installed with [beta] EasyMOD v0.3.0 and included SQL php installer file, without any errors or extra configuration.
This MOD was found out of necessity and unfortunatley the Author had stopped updating this for several months. Just a note on his website "This maintanace will take down all of my phpBB MODs, I apologize for this inconvience but I do not have the time to maintain them or support them at this time anyway." I think this is a solid MOD with alot of value to the PHPBB Community so I have picked up where it was found and tried my best to get it to a Stable Final Release as it was about 90% done. When and if the Author comes back I fully support them in having this MOD. Thanks geocator and all who have supported this MOD you have done a great job....

Current Features:
  • Add Feedback to Member List and sort by Feedback Score
  • Complete Rating System with all the features you'd expect or want
  • Choose from any registered user or only those that have posted in topic.
  • Auto Move Finalized Topics to a Completed Forum
  • Auto Move Unfinalized Topics back (Less work for Moderators)
  • Feedback is gathered for both Buyer/Seller
  • Enable Replies to feedback
  • Finalized transactions send PM's with Topic Title in the Subject Line for tracking
  • Instructions To add Unfinalized topic PM's
  • Feedback is locked once posted so you can't go back and change your mind. (Many options available to MOD's but the system is built for honesty**)
Future Features:
  • A pure Trade Rating system that stands-alone or can be merged into this MOD.
Current Requests:
  • A drop down listing of forums to replace current Text Box when choosing Move To Fourms in AdminCP-Feedback Config
  • Support for Classified AD MOD and Others
  • Your idea goes here.

Sample Image:

About the Title: Why Geocator's Feedback well he wrote it not me I just currently try to offer support and to help keep the development alive. Due to some comments which have a validity all their own I do want to clarify I did not write this. And I am not ever going to say different.
The author has been MIA for a couple of months and hopefully will return to take this back. Until then this is a solid MOD and the changes I have made are really insignificant. I have added a few features and am currently willing to offer my help in supporting this MOD. I am not trying to take credit or anything like that. Basically if you need a feature like this for your site. You won't find better anywhere. And I can say that because I did not make it.

geocator has not updated his topic nor this MOD since early January 2006 - This MOD is awesome and hopefully everything is fine. I have sent various emails trying to contact him and have never heard anything back. So this MOD was assumed abandoned without hope of his finalizing it :( If you know geocator please ask him to contact me if he is willing.....
--------------------------
**Confucius' Shallowest concept of honesty: is 'Li'. Defined as: All actions committed by a person to build the ideal society.
Last edited by Malakai2112 on Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:14 am, edited 11 times in total.

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:01 am

Nice MOD.
But i just got a question: Can an admin change the "Feedback Score"?
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

jvini

Post by jvini » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:18 am

EY wrote: Nice MOD.

Yes, there is a User Management panel just for the Feedback system.

Malakai2112

Post by Malakai2112 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:21 am

(Yes and No) The Admin can change the overall score:

There are 2 methods one if a user gets out of sync there is an option to refresh the user. This run the SQL Table and redo it's count.

But there is a field where you can add a number to be displayed by the image. (Resync resets this when you run it.)

This page allows you to adjust a users feedback score or resync their stats. Please note: Running resync can take some time and should be done at a low load time. Only press the resync button once.

There is a basic How To page Here I will keep adding to it.

vrflyer

Post by vrflyer » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:43 pm

I don't think we should assume it's abandoned by the original creator, unless it's been well over 6-months - that's allways been a rule of thumb around here.

I know Geocator was displaced once Katrina hit hard & it took him a while to update a few MODS. :wink:

I'm in no way bashing your work, however I've seen few code implementations by you that already worked properly from Geocator's original changes and something does NOT add up.
Always Under Construction !

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:46 pm

Not jump on the band wagon or waving any pitched forks..but have to say geocators last post was 16th Jan - less than three months ago.

I am taking three months off from work travelling soon...I would hate to think I would come back and my MODs be locked and someone else running with them 8O

Malakai2112

Post by Malakai2112 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:36 pm

What does not add up is if you assume I in anyway care about the credit. I will state this now. geocator made this. geocator did an outstanding job. If any real credit needs to go to anyone it is geocator. (Note: I believe the author knew all about copyright and as such left it in GNU General Public License v2 for just such a possibility as this.)

I totally understand your comments on this. I have contacted MOD development and placed various statements that this is in no way a hostile takeover or anything like that. No one ever mentioned the etiquette of waiting 6 months and I did ask what I should do. They all replied Make a new topic. I have tried to make contact via geocator's GMail address and have never heard a word. I would love to see this thing Validated and released for all. (If it does it will have geocator's name on it not mine. I am not here for any credit at all. This is of course upto the MOD Developers. But he did it not me.........)
Geocator's Website wrote: "This maintanace will take down all of my phpBB MODs, I apologize for this inconvience but I do not have the time to maintain them or support them at this time anyway."

That statement has been up on his website for more than a month. If there was a stable release from geocator I cannot find it. I tested the two downloads available labeled 0.2.3 from the original thread on 4 seperate servers. And they all threw up the same errors. And for this I took it from there. I have no issues with geocator and researched that he is a valuable contributor to many PHPBB communities just search Google for his name.

I do believe many of you got a version of his work that may no longer available, read the quote. Also in his topic it mentions -

## There is a psd file for making tabs to match your theme available in
## the phpbb.com MOD topic and at ww.geocator.us Please note that it
## is released under a different license.

This file is nowhere to be found.
Drathburn a (Moderator) wrote: March 22, 2006: I suspect that one of the MOD team members will mark this as abandoned and lock it soon. As such, there is no source for the file(s) related to this MOD.

Anyone who followed geocator and supported this MOD long before I found it had the opportunity to keep it alive. You downloaded the files, That must mean you have them. I came looking for a MOD like this to save myself the trouble of having to make one. "I doubt I could have done half a good a job as geocator."

Anytime geocator can be found I will be the happiest person here. And Since I am actively implementing this MOD for a few Forums no one will benefit from this more than me. I did not want this MOD - I DO Not want to be a MOD Developer. However this one was so close to actually being Validated, and I Truely believe in the work geocator did I want to see it out there for everyone. I only put my name to it so people can continue to get support. So that the community can go on and have benefit from this MOD.

Lots of user's in his topic talked about taking this up and continuing the process. Including a PHPBB Moderator - But no one did. Hence someone like me came along that actually needed something like this. And did it.

I support geocator 100% when and if he does return the life of this topic is completly dependant on his response as I said I didn't want to go this far with it but the effort he put in makes it worth it to the community....

Sorry not trying to Rant just want to make it clear that I am not trying to do anything suspicious. Or disrespect geocator's work in anyway.
Last edited by Malakai2112 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emily537

Post by Emily537 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:47 pm

Error I

Click at Image
Are you sure you want to unfinalize this transaction? YES

Code: Select all

Could not update old topic

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE topic_id = 62608' at line 3

UPDATE phpbb_topics SET forum_id = WHERE topic_id = 62608

Line : 102
File : feedback_unfinalize.php

Error II

Click at My Items For Sale

If there are more than 1 site, i got an empty site wihout results by clicking at site 2 or 3 etc

Error III

at ACP

Move Finalized Topics
This setting allows you to move a topic once it has been finalized.

or

Default Forum
This setting allows you to return a topic when unfinalized.

I can't enter a forum_id with more than 2 signs (like 109)

Sorry for my bad englisch :oops: I hope someone understand it :-)

Malakai2112

Post by Malakai2112 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:52 am

If you disable Forum Move does it give the same error - If you enable forum Move To and leave either Forum# blank you will have an error. In example below maxlength=" " and size=" " set how many numbers you can type 2 was not enough for you 62608 = 5 digits so 8 is plenty. I do not know if this was ever tested on a forum that went past the hundreths digit. And I thought I had it set to 4 :(

Error I & Error III

Sorry bout the error totally my fault open:

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
\templates\theme\admin\feedback_config_body.tpl find these 2 lines:
# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
<input class="post" type="text" maxlength="2" size="2" name="feedback_move_to_forum"
# 
#-----[ CHANGE TO ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
<input class="post" type="text" maxlength="8" size="8" name="feedback_move_to_forum"
# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#
<input class="post" type="text" maxlength="2" size="2" name="feedback_move_to_default"
# 
#-----[ CHANGE TO ]------------------------------------------ 
#
<input class="post" type="text" maxlength="2" size="2" name="feedback_move_to_default"
For Error II

I am not sure what your asking? But if you enabled Move to and Finalized it the default is Zero so it went to Zero. This I can fixed by changing the forum that has the value Zero and you will the topic... I will implement this As soon as I can for you.. Basically:

$new_forum_id = Enter a valid Forum #
		$topic_id = 62608

$sql = "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " 
		SET forum_id = $new_forum_id 
		WHERE topic_id = $topic_id"; 
	if ( !$db->sql_query($sql) ) 
	{ 
		message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not update old topic', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql); 
	}

Emily537

Post by Emily537 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:04 am

Error I und Error III are OK, now :-) THANKS

Error II

I don't know, how to explain. Hm, if I click at "My Items For Sale" there are about 200 results, and round about 10 Sites. If I go to Site 1, everything OK, if I go to Site 2, or 3 or 4 and so on, the site is empty, there is nothing to see, but it comes no Error ;-) only an empty site without buys and sells.

I hope you understand now, if not, please tell me, I look for an person who can help me with english :-)

Thanks!

Malakai2112

Fixed_feedback_unfinalize.zip

Post by Malakai2112 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:18 pm

Ok you have 10 different forums all enabled for Feedback and when you view a users' feedback the link My Items For Sale has no results? what url are you at www.site2.com/feedback.php click on link and search results do not show up, and that user's has posts on site2 in a feedback enabled forum...

And to all I have redone the Feedback_Unfinalize The entire package has this inserted but this is just the fixed version. If you do not have Move to Forum enabled it gave an error. This file fixes that so enabled or not it should work.

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:31 pm

jvini wrote:
EY wrote:Nice MOD.

Yes, there is a User Management panel just for the Feedback system.

Alright thanks for the answer.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

Emily537

Re: Fixed_feedback_unfinalize.zip

Post by Emily537 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:38 am

Malakai2112 wrote: Ok you have 10 different forums all enabled for Feedback and when you view a users' feedback the link My Items For Sale has no results? what url are you at www.site2.com/feedback.php click on link and search results do not show up, and that user's has posts on site2 in a feedback enabled forum...

Lok at this site http://www.eltern-flohmarkt.de/feedback ... rch&u=1906

There are 53 results and 4 sites, go to the 2nd site and you'll see the problem :-)

Thanks.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:50 am

Pagination is not working is what you mean. The second page displays blank.

de$ert

Post by de$ert » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:31 pm

@Emily537

Kannst du mir das deutsche sprachfile schicken ? Wäre dir sehr dankbar :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”