[DEV] Forum monitoring desktop tool

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
lmcbmai

Post by lmcbmai »

To vrflyer
You probably have the same registry setting as was mentioned earlier in this thread? Anyway, the next build of ForumStatus will contain "custom" balloon that will not be affected by XP balloon blocker.

To Rapid Dr3am
I've already received the suggestion identical to yours from another user. Will be looking into possibility of adding this is future releases.

To christhatsme
I've updated the icon. It will appear in 256 colors under XP :D .
lmcbmai

Post by lmcbmai »

To vrflyer
You probably have the same registry setting as was mentioned earlier in this thread? Anyway, the next build of ForumStatus will contain "custom" balloon that will not be affected by XP balloon blocker.

To Rapid Dr3am
I've already received the suggestion identical to yours from another user. Will be looking into possibility of adding this is future releases.

To christhatsme
lmcbmai

Post by lmcbmai »

To vrflyer

To Rapid Dr3am

To christhatsme
lmcbmai

Post by lmcbmai »

To vrflyer

To Rapid Dr3am

To christhatsme
lmcbmai

Post by lmcbmai »

To vrflyer

To Rapid Dr3am

To christhatsme
lmcbmai

Post by lmcbmai »

While trying to submit previous posting my browser hanged for few minurtes and then I got "Database critical error" message. As the result of this the last messages appeared 5 times. I do no have enough priviledges to delete these duplicate messages. Hopefully forum moderator will take care of them. Sorry for inconvenience.
rgross

Post by rgross »

I installed it, and it is accessing the forum fine, but it doesn't appear to be reporting the correct information.
My site reports 195 total articles - MOD detects 220 topics and 223 posts
My site reports 123 users (all active) - MOD detects 56
My site has no polls on it - MOD detects 113 votes.

Any ideas?
Saeru

Post by Saeru »

Small error.. if you set it to refresh every 2 mins.. the little icon window will keep popping open with out allowing you to close it unless you change the refresh mins.
"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]
lmcbmai

Post by lmcbmai »

Try to open your forum_status.php page in web browser. Then select View Source from browser menu. You will get few lines of plain text that will look like

Code: Select all

Database Status:OK
Number of posts:830
Number of topics:194
Number of users:69
Number of active users:69
Number of votes:3
Compare these numbers with the numbers in popup balloon. They should be the same.

If the numbers match than that is what your database contains.

Number of post is the number of rows in phpbb_posts table.
Number of topics is the number of rows in phpbb_topics table.
Number of users is number of rows in phpbb_users table except the guest user that has user_id = -1
Number of active users is the same as previous except those that do not have user_active field set to 1.
Number of votes is calculated by adding all non-zero entries of vote_result field in phpbb_vote_results table.

Connect to your database through phpMyadmin and check the actual number of rows in the tables.

Please let me know about your findings.
lmcbmai

Post by lmcbmai »

To Saeru

Thanks for reporting. I'll fix it in the next release.
rgross

Post by rgross »

lmcbmai wrote: Try to open your forum_status.php page in web browser. Then select View Source from browser menu. You will get few lines of plain text that will look like

Code: Select all

Database Status:OK
Number of posts:830
Number of topics:194
Number of users:69
Number of active users:69
Number of votes:3
Compare these numbers with the numbers in popup balloon. They should be the same.

If the numbers match than that is what your database contains.

Number of post is the number of rows in phpbb_posts table.
Number of topics is the number of rows in phpbb_topics table.
Number of users is number of rows in phpbb_users table except the guest user that has user_id = -1
Number of active users is the same as previous except those that do not have user_active field set to 1.
Number of votes is calculated by adding all non-zero entries of vote_result field in phpbb_vote_results table.

Connect to your database through phpMyadmin and check the actual number of rows in the tables.

Please let me know about your findings.

The problem stems from forum_status.php looking for the default phpbb_ tables, whereas I have multiple boards. I changed the file, and it worked fine.
CyberGeek

Post by CyberGeek »

Greetings,

I would like to know a couple of things about this program.
1. What programming language is it developed in? Like the actual .exe file?
2. I would be more then happy to help you and assist you in developing any of the .exe file, as I am a well experienced Windows Base Developer.
Best Regards:
Aaron McGowan
lmcbmai

Post by lmcbmai »

1. What programming language is it developed in? Like the actual .exe file?

It is written on Delphi.
2. I would be more then happy to help you and assist you in developing any of the .exe file, as I am a well experienced Windows Base Developer.

Thanks for your suggestion. Please read my earlier postings in this thread. You will find that the source of exe is not open, thus I cannot involve anyone else into development process.

Information for all readers of this thread: I am working on the next release that will include more features and fixes of the problems found in the first version.
Saeru

Post by Saeru »

Can't wait to see the next version :3
"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]
parambyte

Post by parambyte »

hello. can anyone please make this one for Apple Mac OSX Desktop widgets? Widgets are made with xml and html (i think, i am a non-techie) so i assume it shouldnt be too difficult...

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”