[RC2] Anti Bot Question

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
tonkaa

Post by tonkaa » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:21 am

Why do i get this warning?

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /hsphere/local/home/tonkaa/tipszonen.se/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 318 Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /hsphere/local/home/tonkaa/tipszonen.se/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 318 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/tonkaa/tipszonen.se/forum/db/mysql4.php:318) in /hsphere/local/home/tonkaa/tipszonen.se/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Morganhahaha

Post by Morganhahaha » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:06 pm

Morganhahaha wrote: Ah yeah thats why :) I have two templates, subsilver and acidtech, I actually edited all of the files for subsilver and acid tech, I just forgot to copy the files to acidtech. It seems to be working except when I try to register, I don't see the question thing :?

I know I just enabled it, I don't see why it doesn't want to work

Fatal error: Call to undefined function abq_antwortpruefen() in /home/.bellatrix/administrationator/wotamod.net/phpBB2/includes/usercp_register.php on line 342

antwortpruefen?

antwortpruefen was mentioned in two places in posting.php, and I can verify that I did add the code, so is it asking for another file I must have forgot to add or something?

bump to next page :oops:

jawa

Post by jawa » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi

I'm following the DIY 3.0.0 install txt for this MOD. So far I am up to the second SQL create table and have a problem.

Is this MOD compatible with PostgreSQL 8.1.8? When I run the following SQL statement

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb_anti_bot_quest_confirm (
 confirm_id CHAR(32) NOT NULL,
 session_id CHAR(32) NOT NULL,
 answer VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
 line1 VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
 line2 VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
 line3 VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
 line4 VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
 color CHAR(1) NOT NULL,
 whichform CHAR(1) NOT NULL,
 start_time INT(11) NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (confirm_id, session_id) 
);
I get

SQL error:

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "(" at character 337
Is there a reason for this?

Thanks.

smear3

Re: [RC2] Anti Bot Question

Post by smear3 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:05 am

I just installed the Anti Bot Question MOD version 2.0.21 on a phpbb board that has the Topic Calendar Mod installed. Now when I go to to the registration page the mod seems to work but I am getting the following error at the top of the registration page.
Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/blahblahblah/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 318
if all else fails....ask

smear3

smear3

Post by smear3 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:57 am

For the time being I have edited the mysql4.php file on line 318 to have a "@" sign in front of it. This hides the error. Everything seems to be working correctly, however, I'd like to resolve why I am getting this error. Thanks
if all else fails....ask

smear3

Soliloquy

Post by Soliloquy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:49 pm

I installed this mod on four or five different forums, and with one exception they're all working perfectly. The only problem is that on one of them, even when the user answers the question correctly, it blocks the registration with at least one if not more of the following error messages:

- the email was invalid
- not all the required fields were filled out
- the Anti-Bot question answer is wrong
- the username is already taken

(It says the email is invalid for each try, and the username is already taken after registration of that name has failed.)

I've double-checked the modded files and they all seem to be correct. I get no errors when trying to administer the mod. I'd think maybe it was an incompatibility with some other mod except I have the same mods installed on all my boards. Any idea which file(s) I should be looking into as a possible source of these errors?

Any advice appreciated...

Michelle

HVAC Tech Forum

Post by HVAC Tech Forum » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:04 pm

I just installed version 2.01 of this hack found at phpBB hacks OOPS. Does anyone know how I can get an update or a download of the new version/changes? The link is used up for the rest of the month. Feeling charitable anyone...??? :oops: If so, PM me, and I will give you my email address to send the mod to. Please and thank you!

Also, I can't test the existing hack because it keeps telling me "you have exceeded the number of registration attempts...blahblahblah". I've waited over an hour. Is this a bug? How long does it take for me to try to re-register? How can I turn that god-forsaken feature off? if at all...

Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:18 pm

HVAC Tech Forum wrote: I just installed version 2.01 of this hack found at phpBB hacks OOPS. Does anyone know how I can get an update or a download of the new version/changes? The link is used up for the rest of the month. Feeling charitable anyone...??? :oops: If so, PM me, and I will give you my email address to send the mod to. Please and thank you!

Also, I can't test the existing hack because it keeps telling me "you have exceeded the number of registration attempts...blahblahblah". I've waited over an hour. Is this a bug? How long does it take for me to try to re-register? How can I turn that god-forsaken feature off? if at all...
To be able to continue testing your register just log in and log out again.

Just let me know when you downloaded the MOD so that I can remove it again. ;-)
Last edited by Dogs and things on Thu May 24, 2007 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
For phpBB2 support visit phpBB2refugees.

HVAC Tech Forum

Post by HVAC Tech Forum » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:45 pm

Dogs and things wrote: Here you are.

To be able to continue testing your register just log in and log out again.

Just let me know when you downloaded the MOD so that I can remove it again. ;-)

Hi. I downloaded the mod. Thank you very much. However, I fear that I have something else going on with the registration warning. I tried logging in and logging out several times and with different browsers with cookied erased.

edit - thanks rreptile
Last edited by HVAC Tech Forum on Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rreptile

Post by rreptile » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:48 pm

HVAC Tech Forum wrote: However, I fear that I have something else going on with the registration warning. I tried logging in and logging out several times and with different browsers with cookied erased.

You must have fixed whatever was wrong.... :-)

Just a word of caution: you'll want to change all of your questions and answers from the questions and answers supplied by the MOD. Also, I gather it is inadvisable to use "yes" or "no" questions. Bots can easily get by those.

Try not to include the actual answer in your question at all.

edit: I just tried to register again but purposely made an error. I got the "exceeded registration attempts" message after the first error.... I'm just guessing but you may need to go to your administration area and scroll down to General Admin - Configuration Look to see how many "Allowed login attempts" you have marked and what the 'Login lock time' is. Hope that helps!
- Reactionary (So... have you backed up your files lately? This is even more important if you're staying with phpBB2)

HVAC Tech Forum

Post by HVAC Tech Forum » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:12 pm

rreptile wrote: You must have fixed whatever was wrong...

Thanks for the help.

@ Dogs and things:
Does your mod play nicely with the anti-spam adminCP? I want to be able to have a secure registration and also be able to control the viewable fields for profile and registration...

Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:07 am

HVAC Tech Forum wrote:
rreptile wrote: You must have fixed whatever was wrong...

Thanks for the help.

@ Dogs and things:
Does your mod play nicely with the anti-spam adminCP? I want to be able to have a secure registration and also be able to control the viewable fields for profile and registration...

I just tried to register on your board (nice template by the way ;-) ) and didn´t get the error mentioned in your PM but instead I got this error:

Could not connect to smtp host : 0 : Success

DEBUG MODE

Line : 112
File : smtp.php
I don´t know if Anit Spam Admin CP and this MOD work well together. I don´t use that MOD. I use a MOD that makes show the Required Fields only when registering. I don´t think you need Anti Spam Admin ACP ánd ABQ together.
For phpBB2 support visit phpBB2refugees.

HVAC Tech Forum

Post by HVAC Tech Forum » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:55 pm

OK. I tried it with a fresh install. (I had other registration hacks that were interfering with this one... :( ). Now when I enable abq mod, I get this on the registration page:

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/h/v/a/html/blahblah/db/mysql4.php on line 318

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/h/v/a/html/blahblah/db/mysql4.php on line 318
I must have made an error somewhere. To someone else with more trained eyes, they might be able to look at this and tell where I should check. Because that is a lot of code to go back through. I am thinking the problem is somewhere in profileaddbody.tpl???
Last edited by HVAC Tech Forum on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:39 pm

Hello,

this is the fix for this problem posted at phpBB.de:

OPEN mysql4.php

FIND (LINE 318):

mysql_free_result($query_id);
REPLACE WITH:

@mysql_free_result($query_id);
Don´t ask me why...

Regards
Wolfgang

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:03 am

IPB_Refugee wrote: Hello,

this is the fix for this problem posted at phpBB.de:

Don´t ask me why...

Regards
Wolfgang

The @ in front of that line only hides the MOD's error, it is a simple work-around, not a FIX .. IMHO.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”