[RC2] Anti Bot Question

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
shepdave

Post by shepdave »

Dogs and things wrote: You can delete the german questions in the ABQ individual question configuration if you don´t use german lang.
Thanks. I just did that, and put in a couple of new English-language questions just for fun.

This mod is great. It has completely eliminated all spambot registrations on my forum. When I moved servers last week, ABQ was uninstalled for about a day and a half. I deleted no less than 15 spambot registrations in that time. When I got ABQ re-installed, they stopped.

Danke schön, MagMo!
Visit The Word Nerds
A podcast about language
http://thewordnerds.org
peavy

Post by peavy »

peavy wrote: Hi all,
Thank you for this really usefull mod.
I just installed the newest version (2.0.0) and can't use the image upload feature.
Each time I tried to upload a file I get this error:

Code: Select all

The file was not uploaded.

The file has an invalid file type or an invalid file name (use only alphabetic characters, numbers, hyphens and underlines within the file name).
The file I tried to send is correct (filename is europeanflag.png, but I also tried with files having .gif or .jpg).

The mod is installed on phpBB2.0.21
The forum is intalled on Red Hat Entreprise 4.4, and the appropriate rights have been set to the directory where the images are supposed to go.

Anyone has encountered this problem ?
How do you solve it ?

Many thanks for your fourthcoming help !

Peavy 8)

sorry to answer so late but it has been fixed by commenting the open_basedir line in the php.ini file

Regards,

Peavy 8)
peavy

Post by peavy »

I found a critical issue in my point of view...

the cleaning of the unused session set by abq is not enough performant and can dangerously consume a lot of resources...

When you have lot of users / bots on you board, trying to register / post, some sessions are created...

when the cleaning of the table phpbb_anti_bot_quest_confirm occurs, if you have a lot of sessions, the query looks like
DELETE FROM phpbb_anti_bot_quest_confirm
WHERE session_id NOT IN ('0001cc96834d3552ef9d93434c88870f',
);

the query, in my config, makes 400 Ko which can take ages to be executed (26 seconds on my computer)

I don't know how to fix it, but I just wanted to warn you about this issue.

Anyway, antibot question mod is still the most necessary add-on for phhBB for me :)

Peavy 8)
Rhiana

Works great, but now my board won't allow posts

Post by Rhiana »

Hello, I installed the ABQ Mod after MUCH MUCH frustration. I do have a feeling that my error comes from trying to install and reinstall this MOD several times. I first tried EM but received so many error messages I had to go in and fix some of the code so that EM could process it smoothly. I had already done the SQL query on my own, so I skipped this step in EM. Now, the MOD itself works great! It shows up on the ACP, I can edit and change questions and I have tested it out by registering on my forum with a test name. It all works as it should....however, when I go back to my own registered account I cannot post or reply to any messages. I get this error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare abq_fragestellen() (previously declared in .../phpBB2/includes/functions_abq.php:17) in .../phpBB2/includes/functions_abq.php on line 17

I have no idea what this means and can't tell if it's a SQL database issue or if something is wrong on the functions_abq.php.

Can someone help me please?? First of all, I don't understand why this particular code is connected to my reply and post buttons in the first place.

Quick reply is much appreciated!

Thanks!
helvissa

Post by helvissa »

Hi, I run two websites, and in August I put ABQ on one of the forums - it's a complete dream and has kept my forum spam-free ever since I installed it! It was also easy to install as well (after a few idiot-like mistakes I made...)

Anyway... I'm putting a forum on the other website I run, and seeing as ABQ kicks spam @ss, I want to install it again.

Only thing is, the new installation is version 2.0.22, and when I looked at MagMo's website, it says the current version of ABQ only works with versions 2.0.20 and 2.0.21. What should I do? Is it ok to install ABQ with 2.0.22?
Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things »

Works on 2.022 without a problem for me.
For phpBB2 support visit phpBB2refugees.
helvissa

Post by helvissa »

Great - thanks for your quick reply. I'll give it a go.

Oh - for people who are scared of the editing, I'm a complete novice with computer code, but it's very easy as long as you follow the instructions and copy and paste as instructed. So simple, and yet so effective! See... I'm still impressed! ;)

PS: I like cats!
helvissa

Post by helvissa »

Ok, I'm up to the bit about SQL.

I've never had to fiddle with this before, and I need a bit of guidance.

It says "run the statement" but in phpMyAdmin, I can only find "run a query". I copied and pasted the statement into the box, but I can't tell if it's worked or not because I get a "this page cannot be displayed" message.

Can anyone let me know what's happened?! :wink:
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

This problem seems to be related to Internet Explorer - Firefox loads the confirmation page correctly.

Just look via phpMyAdmin, if the additional tables (phpbb_anti_bot_quest_config, phpbb_anti_bot_quest_confirm, phpbb_anti_bot_quest, phpbb_anti_bot_quest) do exist now. If yes, everything should be right.

If you get an error message in your board telling "table xxx doesn´t exist", then the query in phpMyAdmin has failed.

Regards
Wolfgang
sacreasy

Post by sacreasy »

OK, whenever I try to install this, I get the following error:
Critical Error

COPY FAILED: The target file to be copied [./mods/anti-bot-question-mod_v_2_0_1/root/images/abq_mod/admin/_test_.gif] could not be found.
copy root/images/abq_mod/admin/_test_.gif to images/abq_mod/admin/_test_.gif
MOD script line #328 :: FAQ :: Report

The _test_.gif file is not in the mod package I downloaded via the zip file in the link at the beginning of this thread.

Any suggestions?
helvissa

Post by helvissa »

Thank you Wolfgang! That's exactly what I needed to know.

*shakes fist at IE*

I know everyone else uses Firefox and Opera, but... I dunno... I like IE.... *runs away before the rotten tomatoes fly in my direction*

And now to edit the files!
helvissa

Post by helvissa »

Yay!

A couple of hiccups when I tried to do the SQL thing in the wrong database, and another when I uploaded a folder of files into the wrong folder... but it looks like we're there.

Once again, thank you Magmo for putting the mod together (I am genuinely impressed how you do it! Clever chap!), and thanks also to Wolfgang and the Spanish dog chap for helping me! :D
Last edited by helvissa on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things »

Just upload a new copy of the missing file to the right place. :wink:
For phpBB2 support visit phpBB2refugees.
helvissa

Post by helvissa »

One of the things I love about this mod is that after installing it, I can make my own silly questions....

Elvis liked to eat...

cars, tables, hamburgers, motorbikes... etc. :lol:
helvissa

Post by helvissa »

Sacreasy:

It's in there... this is the file path...

\root\images\abq_mod\admin

Make sure you upload it to that folder in your website thingy.

(After getting so much help from people on this forum, it's nice to give a bit back!)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”