[RC2] Anti Bot Question

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
el_Rei_MaCaCo

Post by el_Rei_MaCaCo » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:32 pm

It's not necessary any knowledge of PHP to install a MOD. Myself, I don't know hardly anything about PHP.. xD
I think that your problem is that you don't have run db_update.php. I'm right??

rtoupin

Post by rtoupin » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:50 pm

thanks, but that isnt it....

el_Rei_MaCaCo

Post by el_Rei_MaCaCo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:01 am

I think that you aren't following the instructions of the MOD!! Please, follow line per line the MOD and don't skip any steeeep!!
I think taht you skip this instruction:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
includes/constants.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
define('CONFIRM_TABLE', $table_prefix.'confirm');

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
// Anti Bot Question Mod - Start
define('ANTI_BOT_QUEST_TABLE', $table_prefix.'anti_bot_quest');
// Anti Bot Question Mod - End
I'm right!? If it don't works or you don't understand anything add me to your contact list in MSN and I will explain how to. :wink:

el_Rei_MaCaCo

Post by el_Rei_MaCaCo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:08 am

Erchamion wrote: Hi everyone,

I installed this mod and it's working ok. But the problem is that my forum is in serbian and when I switch to Serbian language I dont have the anti bot question. When the forum is on english language all is ok.

Does anyone know what to change to make it work on serbian. I suppose that this will be needed for other languages too.

Thanks in advance.
Erchamion.

You have to make your own questions! Go to the Admin Control Panel, then Questions, and finally push "Create Question & Answer" button and make your own questions. Also you can edit the existing english questions and change Language field to Serbian.

el_Rei_MaCaCo

Post by el_Rei_MaCaCo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:46 am

Agnostik wrote: Is this MOD compatible with MSSQL?

I get a SQL error when I access "Questions" in the control panel:

Could not query anti-bot-question information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : Invalid object name 'phpbb_anti_bot_quest'.

SELECT * FROM phpbb_anti_bot_quest ORDER BY lang ASC, anti_bot_img ASC, question ASC

Line : 59
File : admin_anti_bot_quest.php

...and the confirguration file isn't saving any changes I make, though my Constants.php file has been modified.

It's better that you recover the backup database and try to run sql_update.php again. Also you can try to analyse phpbb_anti_bot_quest field in your database through PHPMyAdmin or something like that and check if it's all right.

el_Rei_MaCaCo

Post by el_Rei_MaCaCo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:35 am

Mozgus wrote: Didn't work for me. I followed every step but the ones for the french and german tpl files. I get this error when I am in my admin control panel trying to view the antibot options:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/anti_bot_config_body.tpl does not exist
I have a file of that name inside that directory, but it is php and not tpl. Thats how it come with the zip file originally.

Please help.

Edit: Figured it out. I don't use subsilver for a layout. Had change the location of those few files. Thanks anyway

I think you have modified Subsilver skin but not your current skin! Or maybe you have forget to copy this files:

copy root/templates/subSilver/admin/anti_bot_config_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/anti_bot_config_body.tpl
copy root/templates/subSilver/admin/anti_bot_quest_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/anti_bot_quest_body.tpl
copy root/templates/subSilver/admin/anti_bot_quest_delete_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/anti_bot_quest_delete_body.tpl
copy root/templates/subSilver/admin/anti_bot_quest_edit_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/anti_bot_quest_edit_body.tpl
Realize that if you have another skin different from Subsilver you have to copy these files to /templates/YOUR_SKIN/admin/. Good luck!
Last edited by el_Rei_MaCaCo on Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

el_Rei_MaCaCo

Post by el_Rei_MaCaCo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:44 am

I'm going craaaaaaazy!! I don't understand why always says 'The Anti-Bot-Question answer you entered was incorrect.' I put the correct answer!! I have unchecked "Case-sensitive" field too! I have ckecked all the files and I am sure that they are right.
MagMo, do you have tested your MOD in PHPBB 2.0.21? I think that something is wrong.. :?
I only have tried it with register form. I have "Enable Anti-Bot-Question for guests" disabled because in my forum guests are not allowed to post.

These are the files related to register form: Can you take a look, please? Thank you very much! :wink:

MagMo

Post by MagMo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:51 am

Hi,
Agnostik wrote: Yes, but I don't think it worked, even though I got a "successful" message. It appears the SQL query is only written for MySQL.
Yes, the db_update.php was only written for MySQL. Download the Mod again. The new db_update.php is also written for MSSQL.
helvissa wrote: Hello Magmo. Thanks for your response. I've checked those changes and as far as I can see, they're ok...

So... I've saved them as txt files for you to have a look at, if you'd be so kind. (I hope these work ok as urls...)
The language-files are NOT ok. You added the code before "<?php". That is wrong. Add the code before "?>"! Please follow the installation instructions exactly.
rtoupin wrote: could not query anti-bot-question information
DEBUG MODE
SQL Error : 1146 Table 'cwcforum001.ANTI_BOT_QUEST_TABLE' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM ANTI_BOT_QUEST_TABLE ORDER BY lang ASC, anti_bot_img ASC, question ASC
Line : 59
File : admin_anti_bot_quest.php
Read this: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 92#2336392 or http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 64#2363964

/EDIT
el_Rei_MaCaCo wrote: MagMo, do you have tested your MOD in PHPBB 2.0.21?
Yes!
el_Rei_MaCaCo wrote: I think that something is wrong.. :?
No! :wink:
el_Rei_MaCaCo wrote: These are the files related to register form: Can you take a look, please? Thank you very much! :wink:
You forgot this code change:

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
includes/usercp_register.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
	$strip_var_list = array('email' => 'email', 'icq' => 'icq', 'aim' => 'aim', 'msn' => 'msn', 'yim' => 'yim', 'website' => 'website', 'location' => 'location', 'occupation' => 'occupation', 'interests' => 'interests', 'confirm_code' => 'confirm_code');

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
'confirm_code' => 'confirm_code'

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
, 'abq_aw' => $board_config['anti_bot_quest_get'], 'idabq' => 'idabq'
That is the reason why every answer is wrong.

/EDIT 2
rtoupin wrote: P.S. My mis-written usercp file can be found here:

http://www.calgaryworship.com/usercp.txt
You made a mistake.
This code is wrong:

$strip_var_list = array('email' => 'email', 'icq' => 'icq', 'aim' => 'aim', 'msn' => 'msn', 'yim' => 'yim', 'website' => 'website', 'location' => 'location', 'occupation' => 'occupation', 'interests' => 'interests', 'confirm_code' => 'confirm_code'), 'abq_aw' => $board_config['anti_bot_quest_get'], 'idabq' => 'idabq'
Replace the wrong code with this code:

$strip_var_list = array('email' => 'email', 'icq' => 'icq', 'aim' => 'aim', 'msn' => 'msn', 'yim' => 'yim', 'website' => 'website', 'location' => 'location', 'occupation' => 'occupation', 'interests' => 'interests', 'confirm_code' => 'confirm_code', 'abq_aw' => $board_config['anti_bot_quest_get'], 'idabq' => 'idabq');

el_Rei_MaCaCo

Post by el_Rei_MaCaCo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:42 pm

Sorry for my accusations, I'm stupid! :?
Thank you very much for the attention!! :wink:

lifedeuce

Post by lifedeuce » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:14 pm

If there is an English version of this MOD, where can I download it? Thanks.

el_Rei_MaCaCo

Post by el_Rei_MaCaCo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:06 pm

MOD Title:
Anti Bot Question Mod

MOD Description:
This mod is a text-based captcha to prevent spam bot registrations and spambot guest-postings. It is an alternative to the visual confirmation. A question, randomly selected from a question-pool, is added to the registration form and/or the posting form for guests. This question must be answered correctly to complete the registration or posting successfully.

The mod is administrated via the ACP. New questions can be added to the question-pool. Old questions can be deleted or edited. The Mod can be disabled/enabled for the registration form and the posting form separately.

This mod is compatible with the "Select Default Language Mod". Different questions can be defined for each language.
If you use the "Advanced Quick Reply Mod", you need the Advanced Quick Reply Add-On.
If you use the "Easy Contact Form Mod", you can use the Easy Contact Form Add-On

Description- and Mod-languages:
English, German, French

Go to first page on this topic and there you have the link!

MagMo

Post by MagMo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:07 pm

Hi
lifedeuce wrote: If there is an English version of this MOD, where can I download it? Thanks.
Please read the first post:
MagMo wrote: Description- and Mod-languages:
English, German, French
MagMo wrote: MOD Download:
http://www.phpbb.de/moddb/ABQ (german website) or
http://phpbb.mwegner.de/dl_details.php? ... id=9&cat=1 (german website; click on the green lamp or on the filename e.g. anti-bot-question_v_1_0_3.zip to download the mod)

helvissa

Post by helvissa » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:02 pm

MagMo wrote: The language-files are NOT ok. You added the code before "<?php". That is wrong. Add the code before "?>"! Please follow the installation instructions exactly.

Hahahhahahaa, that's hilarious!!!! What a ridiculous mistake to have made! I did wonder why it was up at the beginning of the file... how on earth did I confuse < and > ??? I do hope I'm nominated for a special moron prize! :lol:

However... I've changed it now and the board's fine again. Phew!

Although....

It's still coming up with that register error, though.... Hmmmm......

MagMo

Post by MagMo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:07 pm

helvissa wrote: It's still coming up with that register error, though.... Hmmmm......
You made the same error as rtoupin. You find the solution for this problem here (/EDIT 2).

el_Rei_MaCaCo

Post by el_Rei_MaCaCo » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:54 am

sorry, I have post accidentally.. :? be free to erase this post.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”