[MOD-DB] Annual Stars 1.0.1 (Last Update May 8, 2006)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
okada1314

Post by okada1314 »

why i not have star
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

It's not saving the images/star.gif in admin control panel?
okada1314

Post by okada1314 »

i have change now no problem

but cannot display the star in viewtopic.php and more!!
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

The star has to be in phpbb/templates/your_theme/images
okada1314

Post by okada1314 »

yes i have
Raul Duke

Post by Raul Duke »

Nice mod. Installed it on my board and its all working fine.

Thanks.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

@okada1314: What is the table prefix for your phpBB tables? What is the file location where you installed the image(s)? Did you update to 1.0.1, following the instructions I provided, or are you still on 1.0.0?

Worst case scenario, try running the install again, make sure that you get everything in the proper place...
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
okada1314

Post by okada1314 »

drathbun wrote: @okada1314: What is the table prefix for your phpBB tables? What is the file location where you installed the image(s)? Did you update to 1.0.1, following the instructions I provided, or are you still on 1.0.0?

Worst case scenario, try running the install again, make sure that you get everything in the proper place...

now i just have a problem

i cannot see my star in viewtopic.php and memberlist.php and ,more

SQL no problem now

and ACP no problem now
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

First things first, do you have members of your board that have been members for more than one year? If not, you won't see any stars. ;-)

Next, use the View Source (or equivalent) option from your browser. Try to find the code within the source that references the image. If it's not there, then you've missed something in the template or the php code edits. If it's there, but incomplete (missing the path or something) then again you'll have to check the php code.
okada1314

Post by okada1314 »

drathbun wrote: First things first, do you have members of your board that have been members for more than one year? If not, you won't see any stars. ;-)

Next, use the View Source (or equivalent) option from your browser. Try to find the code within the source that references the image. If it's not there, then you've missed something in the template or the php code edits. If it's there, but incomplete (missing the path or something) then again you'll have to check the php code.

i am joined as 11 Mar 2006
Raul Duke

Post by Raul Duke »

So you've been a member for 1 month?

11 months to go till you get a star.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

There is a reason it's called annual stars, as in "one per year". :-D

If you want to test that everything is working correctly, go into the code in any of the three main pages (viewtopic, memberlist, or includes/usercp_viewprofile) and change the number 365 to the number of days that you want. For example, if you enter 30 then you will get one star per month, rather than one star per year, and you can test that your code changes are correct.

To clarify... you do not get a star until after 365 days have passed since your registration date. You will then get awarded one additional star for each year of membership beyond that.

The screen shots posted a few pages back show the Joined Date and the annual star. Please see this post and pay careful attention to the join dates. There are shots from two different boards, one where I have been a member for over 3 years (nearly four at this point) and another where I have been a member for just over a year. You will see the appropriate number of stars for each.

Another clarification... the process is based, as it says in the author notes, on 365 days. It does not try to get fancy and determine how many years of membership you have, it looks for how many 365 day periods you have been a member. Therefore it will award your star one day early for each leap year you have been a member. After 12 years, you will be up to 3 days off. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, and it make the code very simple.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

Submitted to the MOD-DB. Will update status when I get the approval or denial message.
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

MOD Approved, release topic here:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=384941

Enjoy. 8)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”