[BETA] vAgree (vBulletin Style Agreement)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
tempered007

Post by tempered007 »

thank you for all your hard work. I really need something like this...

6 files is more than I thought it would require, but it is all good!
Saeru

Post by Saeru »

Can you make it so it don't show up in an iframe? Not all browsers suport it very well.

It may work better to have it in a scrolling DIV tag instead.
"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]
gansert

Post by gansert »

Could you code s.th more than this vBulletin style?
Vbulletin has such cool features. It really kicks ass and is of course much better (and much more expensive) than this here.

that would be cool.
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

I will try and make it into a <DIV> tag but then again, some may say all browsers do, but not EVERY browser supports <DIV> tags... at least until I can get it done... it shouldn't be hard to code it to a <DIV> tag... but yeah, I'll change it up somewhat for you on the 1.0.0 FINAL release.

gansert: please clearly state what you are saying, I am kind of lost... sorry, must just be me.

BTW: I have the CD today and am adding the files and finishing up the install.htm file --- thats correct, install.htm --- may seem a little too much but let me break it down for you.

The install.htm file is connected to my hosting server (thus you must be connected to the internet to view it) and in this way, you benefit in two ways.

1, no re-downloading the file and 2, open install.htm (pending you haven't made any changes to the install.htm files... the frames will open my website) and voila, you have the up-to-date code changes and whatever at your finger tips, no more, re-downloading, etc. (BTW... whenever I do update the vAgree, I'll post an UPDATE notice on this topic letting you know, if you see it, open your install.htm and like I said, your good to go on installing/updating.)

I have enough bandwidth but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not abuse opening it over and over and over again to burn up my bandwidth, this'll make me remove it and then you'll just have to re-download the text file of the install.

I am working on a text file install right now for a couple people, hope to have that up by the end of the week. If my install method is not valid, I ask for one of the moderators to contact me about it and let me know, last time I checked it wasn't a problem.

Anyway, give me an hour or so to finish up the package.
Need a Fresh phpBB Installed, Upgraded or Hooked Up with Some NICE Mods. Send me an email... mdstreetsoulja@gmail.com for more info.

CashTalkz Dot Net - Participate in the Forum and Earn Money!
tempered007

Post by tempered007 »

thank you so much for helping us out - this is very cool
jokieman31

Post by jokieman31 »

Baby Boy wrote: I will try and make it into a <DIV> tag but then again, some may say all browsers do, but not EVERY browser supports <DIV> tags... at least until I can get it done... it shouldn't be hard to code it to a <DIV> tag... but yeah, I'll change it up somewhat for you on the 1.0.0 FINAL release.

gansert: please clearly state what you are saying, I am kind of lost... sorry, must just be me.

BTW: I have the CD today and am adding the files and finishing up the install.htm file --- thats correct, install.htm --- may seem a little too much but let me break it down for you.

The install.htm file is connected to my hosting server (thus you must be connected to the internet to view it) and in this way, you benefit in two ways.

1, no re-downloading the file and 2, open install.htm (pending you haven't made any changes to the install.htm files... the frames will open my website) and voila, you have the up-to-date code changes and whatever at your finger tips, no more, re-downloading, etc. (BTW... whenever I do update the vAgree, I'll post an UPDATE notice on this topic letting you know, if you see it, open your install.htm and like I said, your good to go on installing/updating.)

I have enough bandwidth but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not abuse opening it over and over and over again to burn up my bandwidth, this'll make me remove it and then you'll just have to re-download the text file of the install.

I am working on a text file install right now for a couple people, hope to have that up by the end of the week. If my install method is not valid, I ask for one of the moderators to contact me about it and let me know, last time I checked it wasn't a problem.

Anyway, give me an hour or so to finish up the package.

Nice mod. :) and I agree with the div tags, if the new browsers don't support CSS by now, then they never will, and all the browsers I know of support it just fine. Firefox/IE/Netscape/Safari all support CSS div tags/classes.

Frames are an evil thing. :P
NGLeader

Post by NGLeader »

Hey, Baby Boy.

Nice Mod, You can see it on my site: Register. (Just minor change)

Keep up the good modding, I be waiting on the enhancements.
This mod gets: [5 Stars]
Saeru

Post by Saeru »

jokieman31 wrote: Nice mod. :) and I agree with the div tags, if the new browsers don't support CSS by now, then they never will, and all the browsers I know of support it just fine. Firefox/IE/Netscape/Safari all support CSS div tags/classes.

Frames are an evil thing. :P

Every main browser I have tried (and I have tried them all, as a web designer, I need to make sure what I code works in everything the same or close to the same way ^^) supports DIV tags.

How ever iframes though some suport it, it is almost always displayed differently between browsers. From differences in how it looks to how it displays size. (ie just cause it's one size in one browser, don't mean it's the same in another)

So yes a DIV tag would be recommended.
"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

Thanks everybody for the kind comments. I am working right now to quickly get ya'll the DIV tag changes and all of that... but time is a bit restricted right now.

I would like to ask a small favor, if anybody could show me (since you don't have to pay, :tongue: ) a working version of my mod on their site, I'd be 10000000% greatful :D
Need a Fresh phpBB Installed, Upgraded or Hooked Up with Some NICE Mods. Send me an email... mdstreetsoulja@gmail.com for more info.

vrflyer

Post by vrflyer »

Baby Boy wrote: I would like to ask a small favor, if anybody could show me (since you don't have to pay, :tongue: ) a working version of my mod on their site, I'd be 10000000% greatful :D

NGLeader wrote: Hey, Baby Boy.

Nice Mod, You can see it on my site: Register. (Just minor change)

Keep up the good modding, I be waiting on the enhancements.
This mod gets: [5 Stars]

:P
Always Under Construction !
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

^^ LOL, Thanks, but I had already seen that one.

NGLeader

Post by NGLeader »

Post Deleted:
twister17e

Post by twister17e »

Nice mod, I have tweaked the code a little bit. You can see the mod in action here.
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

Thanks, feel free to modify to fit your needs. After all, it is said it may need editing. Sorry that not ALL of the pages for the install is done (there just the minor pages anyway.) I should have them finished soon, by the way, the DIV changes is almost done... remember to watch for an "UPDATE" post.

BTW... what does everybody think of my Install method?

Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

UPDATE: Upgrade from 1.0.0BETA to 1.0.1BETA (Open install.htm and select "Step 5: Upgrade" from the menu.)

WHAT IS IT: This will upgrade your agreement from IFRAME to a DIV tag (great for older browser's.) I'd recommend this, but then again some others may want an IFRAME, if so... just stay with 1.0.0BETA

ON THE AGENDA: Agreement Background... followed by "I Agree" buttons instead of links.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”