Topic calendar adds a calendar to your phpBB. It is mainly based on topics.
This new version is a complete overall of TC 1.0.x version, and is designed for phpBB 2.0.21 (though it should probably be installable as is on previous versions). The installation has been drastically simplified, to avoid current comfusion encountered with the previous versions.
This version supports various users birthday mod (actually all the ones I'm aware of, except Niels' one, on purpose, so don't ask for
), making the anniversary appears in the calendar. Read the "Author's note" of the mod install description on how activate this.
Some of the visible changes :
- a brand new scheduler view,
- dates - including the inputed ones - are suiting the users preferences (when available), or the lang preferences for short date (the one used to display a topic date),
Some of the backstage changes :
- though the topics events are still limit by the *NIX limitation (1970/2037), the calendar engine supports any date,
- the "drivers" approach has been enforced, allowing to create more view, or integrate other kind of events more easely.
There is no demo board of this specific version, but you will find a similar one (for the calendar views and the philosophy) designed for Categories Hierarchy, at the CH demo board
The mod is available in two formats. The mod is now considered as stable.
: the regular mod format,
: a full phpBB 2.0.21 with the mod installed onto, minus config.php : check the readme.txt to know how to use it.
Last actualization: 2006/07/06, 11h15 GMT
Last packaged (eg fixed) known bugs:
- fix: "All times are GMT ..." wrong value (see this post
- fix : birthday of the last day of a month can appears on the first day of the next month (see this post
- fix : auth are not correctly readed for topics events (see this post
- behaviour change : birthdays become one day long events (see this post
- fix : rules (can/cannot) are not correctly displayed in viewforum and viewtopic (see this post