[Alpha] Ajax Shoutbox

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Kinfule

Post by Kinfule » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:40 pm

Do not pm me, post here
My Mods:
Show Voters || Moderate Own Topics || Thanks Mod || Tibian Char BBcode || Tibian Guild BBCode
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM

Dionysos

Post by Dionysos » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:28 pm

Thankyou very much for your quick responses. It helped me a lot..
mgutt wrote: But it will only load new comments and not reload all comments (AJAX Techn.)

ehm this is true, but when I delete a message, everything doubles.. I've read the whole topic and I thought I already saw someone reporting this, but I couldn't find it anymore. I'm currently using the 0.0.3c version. Just thought to report this bug, keep up the good work!

Kinfule

Post by Kinfule » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:35 pm

Did you edit anything?

Cause never heard that happened to someone else. (And delete feature has been tested before)
My Mods:
Show Voters || Moderate Own Topics || Thanks Mod || Tibian Char BBcode || Tibian Guild BBCode
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM

Kinfule

Post by Kinfule » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:26 am

SabrinaRayne wrote: Okay, my co-admin got it to work by installing it with EasyMod. However, our background is set to black on our forum. Because of this, we set the font to white. Our chat now has a faint grey bg with white font, so nothing is readable :)

How do I change the font color? I figure it will be changed in the shoutbox_body.php file, but what do I change.

Here is a link to our shoutbox
http://thedark-gothador.com/forum/chat.php
Thank you for your time :D

You got guest blocked, but the shoutbox uses the forum CSS Definitions you would need to edit them.
My Mods:
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM

Kinfule

Post by Kinfule » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:24 pm

Version 0.0.4 Released

Code: Select all

##   2006-08-08 - Version 0.0.4
##			- Error Msg to guest if not allowed in chat.php 
##      - Fixed session bug.
##      - Fixed IE Timeout bug.
##      - Added the use of page constant.
I need to know if you would like that the shoutbox tells when a user logs in.
My Mods:
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM

Jayso

Post by Jayso » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:40 am

Kinfule wrote: Version 0.0.4 Released

##   2006-08-08 - Version 0.0.4
##			- Error Msg to guest if not allowed in chat.php 
##      - Fixed session bug.
##      - Fixed IE Timeout bug.
##      - Added the use of page constant.
I need to know if you would like that the shoutbox tells when a user logs in.

Are you talking about Sessions that appear in viewonline.php? I'm a bit confused as to what you meant...

If that is what you are talking about - i would say yes...

However i would think that it would be a bit dodgy for an inline shoutbox (like mine which is on the index page)... If you find a good way to implement it for inline shoutbox than good work...

But for chat.php (which i don't use - yet...) i would say definately a good idea
Jayso

Kinfule

Post by Kinfule » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:45 am

Actually it would work like this (I'm coping the idea Mgutt has on his site):
When I user load the shoutbox, the server will send a shout for the others active shouters to see that this guy entered. This shout will appear like any other shout.
My Mods:
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM

mgutt

Post by mgutt » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:31 am

But i think this would be better if it's only done in chat.php.

Because if someone includes the shoutbox.php as an iframe f.e. in index.php and moves around in the forums every time a "enter post" is generated if he goes back on index.php (also if you set a flood timeout of 30 seconds it will be disturbing i think)

It makes sense if he loads a seperate chat window :yes:

My users love this feature. They can welcome the other users directly after he enters the chat.

regards
Forums: Honda || phpBB Categories Hierarchy
Mods: Spamfilter against bot registrations || Seo Urls

Kinfule

Post by Kinfule » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:01 pm

mgutt wrote: But i think this would be better if it's only done in chat.php.

Because if someone includes the shoutbox.php as an iframe f.e. in index.php and moves around in the forums every time a "enter post" is generated if he goes back on index.php (also if you set a flood timeout of 30 seconds it will be disturbing i think)

It makes sense if he loads a seperate chat window :yes:

My users love this feature. They can welcome the other users directly after he enters the chat.

regards

That's why I like it
My Mods:
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM

mgutt

Post by mgutt » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:47 pm

Now in english to see what I/we mean:
www.maxrev.us/chat.htm

regards

Jayso

Post by Jayso » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:52 am

It's a good idea - however i recommend that the "user joining" shout be displayed smaller than regular shouts (smaller as in the size of the table, not the text)
Jayso

mgutt

Post by mgutt » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:06 am

I think it isn't a big problem for you to format the text as you like it. My guest message is much bigger than the one from here. Because it will only be:

"Guest_123 joins the chat room"

or

"Username joins the chat room"

mprian

Post by mprian » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Hi Kinfule - great mod! I installed 0.0.3, it was super-easy, and I have a couple of questions:

1. My members have been reporting that sometimes their messages do not appear in the shoutbox after hitting the submit button, and then the shoutbox freezes up. This also happened to me a couple of times. Closing and reopening the window usually solves the problem. Is this a software or a server issue?

2. Should I upgrade to 0.0.4 or wait for future releases? (I really like the feature suggestions others like mgutt and Jayso have made.)

Thanks, and again, great work!!!

--Mindy
Last edited by mprian on Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baerenwurm

Post by baerenwurm » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:22 pm

Hi!

Thanks for that great mod! Tho I encountered some problems after installing it (SQL Error : 1064):

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=425614

Plus there is sometimes (!) an error on the "Who is Online?"-page:

Could not obtain regd user/online information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE page_id = 2355' at line 1

SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, s.session_logged_in, s.session_time, s.session_page, s.session_ip, s.SearchBot FROM phpbb_users u, phpbb_sessions s WHERE u.user_id = s.session_user_id AND s.session_time >= 1155239681 ORDER BY u.username ASC, s.session_ip ASC

Line : 371
File : viewonline.php 
(I currently have it on my index page: http://www.quentintarantino.de)

Kinfule

Post by Kinfule » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:40 pm

mprian wrote: Hi Kinfule - great mod! Mine's at http://www.impariamo.com/forum/chat.php (this is the direct link, although it opens to a new window from the main site).

I installed 0.0.3, it was super-easy, and I have a couple of questions:

1. My members have been reporting that sometimes their messages do not appear in the shoutbox after hitting the submit button, and then the shoutbox freezes up. This also happened to me a couple of times. Closing and reopening the window usually solves the problem. Is this a software or a server issue?

2. Should I upgrade to 0.0.4 or wait for future releases? (I really like the feature suggestions others like mgutt and Jayso have made.)

Thanks, and again, great work!!!

--Mindy

Thanks for your words :P
and your answers
1) Both, server issue for no loading the oage and software for not knowing how to hadle the error
2) Update, as that should fix those problem (at least the one of the shoutbox freezing.
My Mods:
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”