[ALPHA] User created forums

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
RMS

Post by RMS » Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:48 am

I second that statement. You would indeed be the man! ...or at least one of them :D
This is my signature.

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:21 pm

The install instructions and some of the code has been altered on the sub-forums mod. The massive bits of replace code has been removed so combining it with other mods should be no problem.

I will watch this thread for updates in case there are problems using it with sub-forums.

Ralendil

Post by Ralendil » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:36 pm

DoubleDoom wrote: The install instructions and some of the code has been altered on the sub-forums mod. The massive bits of replace code has been removed so combining it with other mods should be no problem.

I will watch this thread for updates in case there are problems using it with sub-forums.

where we can find the how to?

EDIT no problem with hierarchie mod DoubleDoom ! what is the problem you have noted, me it works perfectly :D

DoubleDoom

Post by DoubleDoom » Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:37 am

Ralendil wrote:
DoubleDoom wrote:The install instructions and some of the code has been altered on the sub-forums mod. The massive bits of replace code has been removed so combining it with other mods should be no problem.

where we can find the how to?

EDIT no problem with hierarchie mod DoubleDoom ! what is the problem you have noted, me it works perfectly :D

You already know about the changes. I thought this mod should work with the hierachies mod but i haven't tried it. The comments seemed to suggest it wouldnt but i couldnt see any problems with it by looking at the code. You have confirmed that by installing it.

Ralendil

Post by Ralendil » Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:20 pm

:lol:

Sorry for the misunderstood...

Well there's no problem you have just to use the categorie nurmber even if it is a sub sub categorie :D
Works perfectly with hierarchie mod.

ET

Post by ET » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:11 am

are there some group or something you have to be in to use this ?

I am longed in and it keeps giving me the not logged in error ....any ideas ?

ET

Post by ET » Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:47 am

Ok i see what is going on it is not adding the ?sid=blahblah

What do I need to put the link as in overall_header so that it will add the sid to the url?

??

Lucas1510

Post by Lucas1510 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:44 am

Hello,

where can I download this modification? The link on the first page does not work :(

Lucas

Danny Hatt

Post by Danny Hatt » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:37 am

scoobie wrote: This is a great idea - is it possibly to be integrated with the usergroups and permissions for a 'user created forum' to be automatically selected to private (hidden) - the user then has to get people to join their usergroup to be able to view his/her forum.

I envision literally hundreds of public forums if this got onto the wrong site but if it created the new forum as part of a new usergroup then only the creator of the new forum and his 'guests' will be able to see the new forum.

And look in the database to see if the user has already got a usergroup - if so then he/she cannot create a second usergroup/user forum.

Hope you get my drift - excellent work though.

Scoob

This is a great mod, and this is a great idea... I would also like to see a feature that doesnt allow this unless the user has at least 50 or so post (admin defined).Then they kinda know what there doing and can get around a bit... New guys always come in and dont even know how to post let alone create a forum of there own.. This would keep your top people at the top and reward them a little bit to post..

If i sign on your board for a day, make a forum, then cut out, you wont know weather to drop the forum or not..

Maybe an enable FORUM CREATED FORUMS pruning lol

Lots of ideas for this one...good job..

anto1888

Post by anto1888 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:12 pm

this mod sounds great and im sure the potential can be used greatly like post limit or if incorporated into shop like mentioned above. sounds really kool dude i been waiting for a mod like this to come out :)

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:25 am

can this still be downloaded somewhere? the link at the top didn't work.

DJ P@CkMaN

Post by DJ P@CkMaN » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:10 am

OK, I stopped work on this ages ago but I've had a few people asking me about it lately so I finished it up to a standard where it can be used easily. It doesn't have any of the features such as minimum post counts and that jazz but if there is much interest I could probably do it, wouldn't be hard. It's got a real name now and can be downloaded at the URL below. If you have any questions, please do not post them at the forum on SmallNothings and if you do your posts will be deleted. I can be found by PM at SitePoint forums. Might start checking here a little more often but it'll be quicker at SPF.

subCommunity 0.1.0
Last edited by DJ P@CkMaN on Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucas1510

Post by Lucas1510 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:43 pm

Hello,

the link does not work (http://www.smallnothings.com.subcommunity.zip/), can you please correct this :) I am very happy to see you post your mod again, thank you!

Greetings,

Lucas

DJ P@CkMaN

Post by DJ P@CkMaN » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:25 am

I edited my post, would it have been that hard to add a slash?

Lucas1510

Post by Lucas1510 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:43 am

DJ P@CkMaN wrote: I edited my post, would it have been that hard to add a slash?

Sorry, I added a slash, but it did not work, i do not know why :(
That is why I asked you to correct your link.

--
Oh, now I know, why it did not work,

the first link was
http://www.smallnothings.com.subcommunity.zip/, the link where I added a slash looked like that: http://www.smallnothings.com/subcommunity.zip.
The new link you posted is
http://www.smallnothings.com/subCommunity.zip.

I use M$ Internet Explorer and it did not recognize (??) the "little" c in subCommunity in the first link, and I did not know, that it has to be a "big" C.

Thank you for re-posting your Mod :D

Greetings,

Lucas

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”